Hospital (Private or Public) Designation and Salary Range - Page 4 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Hospital (Private or Public) Designation and Salary Range

Old 25-07-2021, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
FYI I have been working more than 10 years and with a Masters. Seriously underpaid in the healthcare sector.
how much you drawing? how underpaid?

Old 26-07-2021, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
how much you drawing? how underpaid?
Just slightly more than 5K in my mid 30s.

Old 13-08-2021, 09:04 AM

goaswind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I have slightly over a year of experience at working in the government.

Moving on to the healthcare industry for several reasons and I left my position while still searching for another one (left on a good note). I didn’t push for a salary increment (I know, my mistake for not knowing my worth. Lesson learnt).

Just wanted to check what’s the salary range for private healthcare for my background (executive position, 1.2 years of experience working in the gvt (not healthcare) and not related to my previous role (though there are soft skills that are relevant). I took the offer at around ~$3500. :’) I did my research previously but I’m not absolutely certain of it’s accuracy.

Does anyone also know many years does it take to progress from designation to the next?

My aim is to learn and pick up more skills during my next role, and I’m not upset about the exact salary. I just also want to learnt how to negotiate my worth and my pay again for future. Thank you!
I think $3500 is a reasonable amount for an Executive with 1-2 years experience (even thou not related)

Old 14-08-2021, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I have slightly over a year of experience at working in the government.

Moving on to the healthcare industry for several reasons and I left my position while still searching for another one (left on a good note). I didn’t push for a salary increment (I know, my mistake for not knowing my worth. Lesson learnt).

Just wanted to check what’s the salary range for private healthcare for my background (executive position, 1.2 years of experience working in the gvt (not healthcare) and not related to my previous role (though there are soft skills that are relevant). I took the offer at around ~$3500. :’) I did my research previously but I’m not absolutely certain of it’s accuracy.

Does anyone also know many years does it take to progress from designation to the next?

My aim is to learn and pick up more skills during my next role, and I’m not upset about the exact salary. I just also want to learnt how to negotiate my worth and my pay again for future. Thank you!
Not sure about private but for public sector.. Promotion is very very very slow.
You have to wait for seniors to promote before you can get promotion and even then it might not be guaranteed. I have been working for about 6 years in public hospital, no promotion yet, I doubt I can even smell promotion in my next 10 years here.
Old 14-08-2021, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Not sure about private but for public sector.. Promotion is very very very slow.
You have to wait for seniors to promote before you can get promotion and even then it might not be guaranteed. I have been working for about 6 years in public hospital, no promotion yet, I doubt I can even smell promotion in my next 10 years here.
Thanks for the valuable insights and I can definitely relate to you with the relatively slow progression in public hospital, years go past just waiting for seniors to progress so there is some glimmer of hope for your turn to inch closer...

Mind sharing the salary you are drawing now at your 6th year for benchmarking purposes? My guess is not over 5k but hope you could share thanks!
Old 14-08-2021, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Thanks for the valuable insights and I can definitely relate to you with the relatively slow progression in public hospital, years go past just waiting for seniors to progress so there is some glimmer of hope for your turn to inch closer...

Mind sharing the salary you are drawing now at your 6th year for benchmarking purposes? My guess is not over 5k but hope you could share thanks!
Just past the 5K mark, after 2 salary adjustment in 2016 and 2021, and two A performance bonus years, from my starting salary to my current salary, barely increased by $1.5K what the hell, that is how slow our pay is increasing every year. And also my mistake for not fighting for pay increment when I first joined this hospital, I got low balled by HR cos they refused to increase my pay from my last drawn, despite already having 5 years of working experience prior to joining this hospital and with a Masters, til this date I still feel bitter about it. And all public hospitals have this rule that there is no pay increment when you jump ship to another hospital...

Old 24-08-2021, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

hey guys, thanks for all your insights. i guess i am more mentally prepared now about joining public healthcare now

was wondering if this job grading still applies or whether it has changed:
JG 11-12: Executive
JG 13: Senior Executive
JG 14: AM?

is this still correct for NHG/NUHS? thanks guys
Old 24-08-2021, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

hmm does anyone know if admin staff get paid for overtime hours during probation period?
Old 24-08-2021, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hey guys, thanks for all your insights. i guess i am more mentally prepared now about joining public healthcare now

was wondering if this job grading still applies or whether it has changed:
JG 11-12: Executive
JG 13: Senior Executive
JG 14: AM?

is this still correct for NHG/NUHS? thanks guys
NUHS has fatter titles. The move from exec to senior exec is a redesignation.

JG 11 Executive and Senior Executive
JG 12 Assistant Manager
JG 13 Senior Assistant Manager

NHG and SingHealth is more aligned. It is either the below, or there are actually promotion within grades as there is definitely two steps in the exec grades.

JG 11 Executive 1 and 2
JG 12 Senior Executive
JG 13 Assistant Manager
Old 30-08-2021, 02:10 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Low and slow…

Been lurking around “Salary in Civil Service” forums and the numbers there are so far from what I have been getting in a PHI, it’s astounding. Much as I enjoy my work in the healthcare industry, the mediocre compensation package and lack of progression for non-medical staff continually weighs on my mind and the main reason I would NOT choose to join public healthcare again if I had a chance to turn back time. For now, I’m still looking for opportunities to leave though the odds of joining an unrelated industry as an administrator with higher pay is low.

That being said, here are some numbers for administrative roles for reference. This is based on my personal experience and specific to one particular division. While I have heard of examples to the contrary i.e. annual or bi-annual promotions, I would say that those are the exceptions to the norm.

Case study #1
Ex-colleague joined SGH as a associate executive (diploma holder), eventually obtained a university degree and achieved Manager level 15 years after being promoted to Executive upon graduation. This was about 5 years ago and she remains a manager. That’s 5 years for every promotion in the same division from Executive > Snr Executive > Asst Mgr > Mgr. Granted, her responsibilities are relatively simple and OT is extremely rare.

Case studies #2 and #3
Ex-colleagues joined SGH as associate executives while studying part time for a degree. Upon graduation in 3 - 4 years, both were refused a promotion to Executive on account that there was no planned change to their job scope. Both resigned.

Case study #4
Ex-colleague joined SGH as an Executive and remained so for almost 4 years. Joined a different PHI thereafter but no promotion or pay raise due to the lateral scheme as someone mentioned earlier. Continued as Executive for the next 3 years. Subsequently joined another PHI as Snr Executive. In summary, ex colleague took 7 years to go from an entry level Executive to Snr Executive.

Case studies #5 to #7
Ex-Colleagues joined SGH as Executive. Now all Senior Executive after 7 to 10 years in the same division.