Hospital (Private or Public) Designation and Salary Range - Page 8 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Hospital (Private or Public) Designation and Salary Range

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #71 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2021, 11:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkifuji View Post
Thank you

What about the increments annually? And also performance bonus grade break down? Do u know?
For Grade B: 2.2% plus $50. Past few years have been the same.

Grade B bonus is about 2.5 months for my hospital.

Reply With Quote
  #72 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2021, 11:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How about doctors in hospitals? They get the JG scheme as well?
Medical and dental are on a separate scheme.

Reply With Quote
  #73 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2021, 11:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkGunner View Post
You may be right, but I still have yet to hear of an actual frozen pay/JG move across clusters, despite a lot of people saying that is definitely so.
My friend went from NUH admin to SGH admin, no pay increment, not sure about JG

Another friend went from SGH admin to another dept admin within SGH, drop in one level JG, but same pay.

Promotion is very very slow in my dept, I'm currently in my JG for about 6 years, another colleague 7 years plus.. no promotion in sight.

I think it depends on the hospital, at least for my dept, when we are interviewing candidates who are currently working in other PHI, the management will make it a point to them that there is strictly no pay increment, I think this also kinda deters potential candidates from taking up the offer but oh wells, who will want to change a job with no pay increment?

Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2021, 11:55 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7
Nikkifuji is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For Grade B: 2.2% plus $50. Past few years have been the same.

Grade B bonus is about 2.5 months for my hospital.
Can't believe 2.2% is what our union negotiated for .....


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #75 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2021, 11:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkGunner View Post
In my experience, yes, they do take into account. They took my 1.5 yrs contract into account when I got this perm role.

I can't speak for the average, but I took 2.5yrs to progress from Executive (JG11) to Senior Executive (JG13). Pay range is 4.1k to 6.6k.
JG13 for singhealth after the July salary revision is now approx $4.2K to $7.2K.

You got promoted really fast..

I have a colleague who is on JG 11 for 7 years.. but still no promotion in sight..
Reply With Quote
  #76 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2021, 11:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkifuji View Post
Can't believe 2.2% is what our union negotiated for .....
barely beat inflation.....
Reply With Quote

  #77 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2021, 08:44 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 23
ChalkGunner is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My friend went from NUH admin to SGH admin, no pay increment, not sure about JG

Another friend went from SGH admin to another dept admin within SGH, drop in one level JG, but same pay.

Promotion is very very slow in my dept, I'm currently in my JG for about 6 years, another colleague 7 years plus.. no promotion in sight.

I think it depends on the hospital, at least for my dept, when we are interviewing candidates who are currently working in other PHI, the management will make it a point to them that there is strictly no pay increment, I think this also kinda deters potential candidates from taking up the offer but oh wells, who will want to change a job with no pay increment?
Thanks for sharing. Good to hear of the different experiences, at least for everyone's learning. It is a very strange practice to me, but I hope things are changing/will change, especially if they want to make healthcare more attractive in general.
Reply With Quote
  #78 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2021, 08:54 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 23
ChalkGunner is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkifuji View Post
Thank you

What about the increments annually? And also performance bonus grade break down? Do u know?
The below info is for NHG, from my perspective.

The weighted average annual increment was 3.3% for the past year, with majority receiving a minimum of 2.4%+$30.

Bonus is broken into 2 components (PB and CVB) and is released in 2 tranches in Jul and Dec of every year.

Jul Tranche:
For Performance Bonus (PB), I believe it's between 1.1 to 1.5mths, depending on performance. My 'A' performance received 1.4mths. There is an 'Outstanding' grade above that. I assume they get 1.5mths. This data has been collated from my colleagues who were there before me as well.

There is usually also a Corporate Variable Bonus (CVB) of 0.9mth+$X, around $500. Then maybe an additional one off $X, around $300.

Dec Tranche:
There is usually a 1mth CVB. And also Annual Wage Supplement (AWS, i.e., 13mth).

So your annual package is approx 12mth+AWS+CVB+PB=~16-17mths of your stated salary.
Reply With Quote
  #79 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2021, 08:55 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 23
ChalkGunner is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
JG13 for singhealth after the July salary revision is now approx $4.2K to $7.2K.

You got promoted really fast..

I have a colleague who is on JG 11 for 7 years.. but still no promotion in sight..
Yes, I think I have to be thankful to my management for that. Went back to check my recent letter. To be more precise, JG13 salary range at NHG is approx $4.1K to $7K. Slightly lower than SHS, but I'm not too concerned because higher end is usually to cater for farmers.
Reply With Quote
  #80 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2021, 09:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkGunner View Post
Yes, I think I have to be thankful to my management for that. Went back to check my recent letter. To be more precise, JG13 salary range at NHG is approx $4.1K to $7K. Slightly lower than SHS, but I'm not too concerned because higher end is usually to cater for farmers.
Nah, it's the same range as SHS and NUHS.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is there or should there be a pay gap between public and private? mangos47 Income and Jobs 1 18-05-2017 11:52 PM
Appropriate salary range celery Income and Jobs 12 16-09-2013 12:58 PM
is hospital salary low for fresh poly grad coloursquare Income and Jobs 11 24-01-2013 05:43 PM
Private or Public Sector? dupdupdup Income and Jobs 0 23-10-2012 10:56 PM
private and restructured hospital qwertyman Income and Jobs 4 10-08-2012 10:55 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,395 Replies, 7,915,927 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
580 Replies, 196,143 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,712 Replies, 5,395,983 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,482 Replies, 1,624,977 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
396 Replies, 135,087 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,332 Replies, 366,540 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
132 Replies, 86,746 Views
What are the signs that your boss... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 839 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
178 Replies, 124,819 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
370 Replies, 68,405 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,784 Replies, 493,987 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,854 Replies, 2,241,974 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
343 Replies, 354,006 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
647 Replies, 504,177 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
966 Replies, 320,459 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,158 Replies, 642,032 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,326 Replies, 1,707,814 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,369 Replies, 2,827,948 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,091 Replies, 801,585 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
637 Replies, 329,203 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,515 Replies, 2,774,903 Views
Working in SMRT ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 23,149 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
219 Replies, 166,676 Views
MFA- Foreign Service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
45 Replies, 30,161 Views
Cpf senior manager ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 3,081 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
490 Replies, 96,602 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,201 Replies, 1,384,012 Views
Suitable job recommendations
3 Replies, 250 Views
Mid career switch - social worker
4 Replies, 2,200 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2