Hospital (Private or Public) Designation and Salary Range - Page 43 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Hospital (Private or Public) Designation and Salary Range

Old 21-05-2023, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I know right, totally regret joining healthcare. I'm almost 40, just barely scrapping $5K.
I have been stuck in job grade 11 for slightly more than 9 years in Singhealth, starting salary only $3.3 K when I first joined and now only $4.9K. Not even a single promotion ever.

Unfortunately I am in office admin job and I think office administration jobs don't pay well island wide.

Old 22-05-2023, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkGunner View Post
Do note the top end of the range are for farmers. Also, these are simply indicative ranges that I have found out either anecdotally or through job portals that have listed salary ranges and should not be taken as the definitive range.

JG11 2700-4900 Executive I
JG12 3200-5700 Executive II
JG13 4110-6990 Senior Executive
JG14 5200-7500 Assistant Manager
JG15 5800-8000 Manager
JG16 7000-9000 Senior Manager
JG17 8000-10000 Assistant Director
JG18 10000-12000 Deputy Director
JG19 >10000 Director
I am Singaporean male, age 38 this year, did NS. I did my degree with an Australian uni, no honours but was on the Dean's List.

I started work with Singhealth in 2014 (I was aged 29 years old then) at Job Grade 11, with a starting pay of $3.3K. It is a Perm role. On my employment contract, it says that the pay range is between $2.8 and $4.7. My job title was just "Executive". And job role/scope is office administration.

Fast forward 9 years later, my job title is still "Executive", while others who joined later than me are promoted to "Senior Executive". I desperate working hard to do projects and volunteer for new initiatives to get promoted or increased my job grade for the last 4 years to get promoted but to no avail.

My current salary is now $4.9K and there had been no increment since the last one year. I suspect that I had already hit the salary ceiling for my job grade but won't get anymore salary increment unless i get promoted or an increase in job grade, which seems impossible. I often get a "B" grade during performance appraisal and average bonus (total including AWS and Performance bonus) is 2.5 months.

I bought a resale flat 2 years ago and outstanding mortgage loan is $135K.

I am wondering if I should stay at Singhealth or start venturing out. I had searched CareersFuture and found similar job scopes at private sector companies but pay role seems to be around $3K to $4K. Managerial and supervisory roles of similar job scope pays higher but requires pre-existing managerial job titles in previous jobs -which i don't have.

I now kind of regret getting stuck in office admin for so long. Even if i apply for a new position within Singhealth again, it is almost impossible to get it as a Perm Role. Almost all new positions are on a 2-year contract basis and I have seen people cut loose after 2 years because of budget tightening.

I am now wondering if it is worth it to switch to a different industry. Unfortunately, I have a nasal voice (which i can't change), so i sometimes literally sound like a cartoon character, and I know in many workplaces, physical appearance and the way one speaks matters more than actual workplace performance.

I have attained a project management cert and now doing a part-time MBA for future-proofing myself but also worried that at my age, it is hard to find a job (really don't want to do grab delivery). I once met a Keppel assistant manager in HR and told that individual I took up the PM cert and part-time MBA to attain new skills, only to be mocked that those aren't recognised skills by employers (when i asked that Keppel HR asst. managers what he/she then recognises as "real skills", that individual got flustered and defensive and couldn't give any answer).

I have considered switching to a STEM role through the careersfuture Career Conversion Program (CCP) but also feel uncertain of it.

Old 25-05-2023, 11:18 PM
nameless

What’s the pay scale for AIC/MOHH on Pa basis?

Old 28-05-2023, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Anybody knows what is the pay range for a physio (6+ years exp) in a private MSK class
Old 28-05-2023, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I am Singaporean male, age 38 this year, did NS. I did my degree with an Australian uni, no honours but was on the Dean's List.

I started work with Singhealth in 2014 (I was aged 29 years old then) at Job Grade 11, with a starting pay of $3.3K. It is a Perm role. On my employment contract, it says that the pay range is between $2.8 and $4.7. My job title was just "Executive". And job role/scope is office administration.

Fast forward 9 years later, my job title is still "Executive", while others who joined later than me are promoted to "Senior Executive". I desperate working hard to do projects and volunteer for new initiatives to get promoted or increased my job grade for the last 4 years to get promoted but to no avail.

My current salary is now $4.9K and there had been no increment since the last one year. I suspect that I had already hit the salary ceiling for my job grade but won't get anymore salary increment unless i get promoted or an increase in job grade, which seems impossible. I often get a "B" grade during performance appraisal and average bonus (total including AWS and Performance bonus) is 2.5 months.

I am wondering if I should stay at Singhealth or start venturing out. I had searched CareersFuture and found similar job scopes at private sector companies but pay role seems to be around $3K to $4K. Managerial and supervisory roles of similar job scope pays higher but requires pre-existing managerial job titles in previous jobs -which i don't have.

I now kind of regret getting stuck in office admin for so long. Even if i apply for a new position within Singhealth again, it is almost impossible to get it as a Perm Role. Almost all new positions are on a 2-year contract basis and I have seen people cut loose after 2 years because of budget tightening.

I am now wondering if it is worth it to switch to a different industry. Unfortunately, I have a nasal voice (which i can't change), so i sometimes literally sound like a cartoon character, and I know in many workplaces, physical appearance and the way one speaks matters more than actual workplace performance.

I have attained a project management cert and now doing a part-time MBA for future-proofing myself but also worried that at my age, it is hard to find a job (really don't want to do grab delivery). I once met a Keppel assistant manager in HR and told that individual I took up the PM cert and part-time MBA to attain new skills, only to be mocked that those aren't recognised skills by employers (when i asked that Keppel HR asst. managers what he/she then recognises as "real skills", that individual got flustered and defensive and couldn't give any answer).

I have considered switching to a STEM role through the careersfuture Career Conversion Program (CCP) but also feel uncertain of it.
9 years no promotion? if me already have gone else where. your bachelor what did u studied?
Old 30-05-2023, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
9 years no promotion? if me already have gone else where. your bachelor what did u studied?
Not uncommon in PHI, I'm coming to my 8th year also no promotion, most of my colleagues only get promoted past the 10th year mark.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Old 31-05-2023, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

Does anyone know what is the % increase for promotion increment?
Old 31-05-2023, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Does anyone know what is the % increase for promotion increment?
Heard from colleague is not a lot, about $200.. What the hell..
Old 31-05-2023, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Went for 2nd interview a few weeks back and everything shows that they were keen.
Checking on notice periods, expected pay and even mentioning I'm the only one shortlisted for the 2nd interview

However, it's been almost 3 weeks but no affirmative answer from them and I have been checking in weekly. So I supposed they might have found a more suitable candidate.
Old 01-06-2023, 04:32 PM
Guest88

Default Stuck..

Quote:

I totally feel you!! I joined in 2015 as a fresh grad and have been there for the past 7 years, and pay increment was only $1.4k since the day i joined! Started as executive, promoted to senior exec then AM. But salary and increment is low/slow. Now i feel stuck because its difficult to step out into private or other industries and i dont have the skillset required by private firms. I have since left my job from burnout and gave no idea what i should look into next.