Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Hospital (Private or Public) Designation and Salary Range (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10265-hospital-private-public-designation-salary-range.html)

Unregistered 03-11-2020 06:59 PM

Well, I think in good or bad times this industry is always hiring! Furthermore, comparing to other industries, I also don't think they will do a pay cut or ask the staff to go on furlough...

Unregistered 16-11-2020 07:57 PM

Hi, does anyone know whether there will be a pay increment if you hop from one healthcare institute to another eg,

Different cluster: Singhealth to nuhs,
Same cluster but different institute: Singhealth (seng kang) to singhealth (sgh)

Thank you!

goaswind 18-11-2020 05:37 PM

10 years ago there's still 5% max increment. I think now no more. Not sure if this apply to a higher position in the new hospital.

goaswind 18-11-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148588)
Well, I think in good or bad times this industry is always hiring! Furthermore, comparing to other industries, I also don't think they will do a pay cut or ask the staff to go on furlough...

They are hiring but there will be more competition as there's a lot of candidate from other industry pouring in as well. So job market will be equally tight. Unless you are a nurse or doctor.

Unregistered 03-03-2021 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goaswind (Post 149436)
10 years ago there's still 5% max increment. I think now no more. Not sure if this apply to a higher position in the new hospital.

I can confirm there is no pay increment if you are hopping to another institution, if the job grade remains the same. HR will only match your last drawn, this is an unspoken rule among the various healthcare clusters. No pay increment to prevent healthcare workers from job hopping every 2, 3 years.

The only pay increment we get is the pathetic $100 plus we get every year, if you are lucky to get promoted, you will be awarded a $200 plus increment, or so I heard. Mind you, promotion takes ages. I have been working for 6 years and I can't even smell promotion...

Plus the high stress we faced at work every day.. Honestly it's not worth it for the pay that we are getting.

Unregistered 05-03-2021 10:11 PM

Pay increment is out.. 3 to 7% for allied health.. Lol what a joke.. Might as well don't give..

Unregistered 07-03-2021 12:29 AM

ok dont take, pls give to others

Unregistered 09-03-2021 07:21 PM

damm. Reading through the posts, this is disappointing. I will be joining the public healthcare sector in months time as a physiotherapist. Bonded for 6 years somemore.

Unregistered 09-03-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158332)
damm. Reading through the posts, this is disappointing. I will be joining the public healthcare sector in months time as a physiotherapist. Bonded for 6 years somemore.

Physio therapist is good. Six years means u studied overseas for four years right.

Full of respect for PT. OT.
Your work v impt actually

People don't understand patient cannot discharge coz physical decon
The best doc can't help, but PT can help.
Jia you

Unregistered 09-03-2021 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158334)
Physio therapist is good. Six years means u studied overseas for four years right.

Full of respect for PT. OT.
Your work v impt actually

People don't understand patient cannot discharge coz physical decon
The best doc can't help, but PT can help.
Jia you

Appreciate your kind words, as much as I love to make a difference in patient's life through rehabilitative interventions. Money is not the most important thing in life but I do hope to earn enough to provide my loved ones with a comfortable life. I heard the salary progression is really bad, as well as the workload. Hence the high turnover rate of healthcare professionals going into private.