Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   is it crazy to give up a 100k P.A salary to become a property agent? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10201-crazy-give-up-100k-p-salary-become-property-agent.html)

Unregistered 25-12-2019 09:30 AM

If ts don’t like your current job, I suggest target to work for 5 to 6 more years first and invest to build up a steady stream of passive income. If you want more money, can always do sideline jobs on weekends like grab or tuition to boost income. Continue to save aggressively and invest. You can decide if you want to resign in years time when you have built up solid passive income. After that you can look for a lower stress job with lower pay.

chancellor 26-12-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127478)
You want to change jobs because you want to change job, or because you want to earn more?

If it's solely for the money, not worth it because of the uncertainty. Like others said, the property market is not as pretty as it looks. What you see on social media is only the manicured, "good part" of it. They don't show you the downsides.

But if you think your govt job sucks and you want to venture into sales for the sake of venturing into sales, for a change of environment, because you want to try something new, and with the non-guaranteed possibility of earning more, then go for it.

Ya i think its kind of like start-ups - a survivorship bias scenario where you hear only of the successful onesand not those who failed after spending alot of money or effort..
Then the few who make it are glamorised repeatedly until everyone thinks its is so easy. Do only if you are so passionate to enter to learn or willing to grind it out..

Unregistered 27-12-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127509)
If ts don’t like your current job, I suggest target to work for 5 to 6 more years first and invest to build up a steady stream of passive income. If you want more money, can always do sideline jobs on weekends like grab or tuition to boost income. Continue to save aggressively and invest. You can decide if you want to resign in years time when you have built up solid passive income. After that you can look for a lower stress job with lower pay.

5-6 years to invest to build up steady stream of passive income?

Passive income building requires hard work. Don't sell him a false hope of 5-6 years :P

Unregistered 27-12-2019 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127581)
5-6 years to invest to build up steady stream of passive income?

Passive income building requires hard work. Don't sell him a false hope of 5-6 years :P

The only way to get passive income is to get is super high paying bank job for 5-10years.
Then resist the urge to buy conti cars. And spend v little
Then quit ur job to do full time investing with the 1.5mill capital u have.

Unregistered 27-12-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127587)
The only way to get passive income is to get is super high paying bank job for 5-10years.

What you just describe is not passive income??

Unregistered 24-01-2020 10:37 AM

Why not? At least better than be insurance agents who go around begging people ... at least house agents are approached by eager buyers or sellers? Create more value to society?

Unregistered 26-01-2020 08:03 PM

Go for it. I know of property agent that earns two to three million per year.
If u sell a 80million gcb and get a 3% that is 2.4million, worth 24 years of your work

Unregistered 16-02-2020 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128344)
Go for it. I know of property agent that earns two to three million per year.
If u sell a 80million gcb and get a 3% that is 2.4million, worth 24 years of your work

Maybe top 1% only get this

Abordage 30-07-2020 03:31 PM

If I were you, I won't do it. Because selling real estate is a hell of a problem. Did you try to do it on your own? I had a house in Coventry, UK. And I didn't succeed. I didn't sell it on my own. I don't know why. People came to me, saw my house and never came back. Then one of my friends has found this https://www.thepropertybuyingcompany.co.uk company, I contacted them, and they made a miracle - they finally found a man which sold my house. I guess selling property is a sort of vocation. Don't risk your job if you don't have talent for this.

Unregistered 01-08-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127587)

Talk is easy. Investing carries risk. You could very well lose your capital. Forget about the gains.