Anyone work in AVA Animal Health Lab department before? - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Anyone work in AVA Animal Health Lab department before?

Old 16-01-2018, 10:50 PM

Manindoubt is on a distinguished road
Question Anyone work in AVA Animal Health Lab department before?

I got a job offer under the Veterinary Pathology Section as a senior lab tech and everything i have heard about working at AVA from friends and online doesnt make it sound like a good place to be. Anyone know anything about the job or has experience working at AVA before?. Any info or your opinion about the place is much appreciated 😁☺

Old 25-01-2018, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Default Bad experience with the HR and practices

1. I had applied a position with the agency. Received several missed calls and messages from the HR two week after my application. I returned the call. The HR coordinator (Hazxx Axxxxx) was very rude and irritated throughout the conversation. I can hear him banging his keyboard and raising his voice to show his displeasure for reply his call late. The face to face encounter was worse. On a personal note, he shown descondesending and contempt look at you and have a "Can' be bother" attitude.
2. Attended the interview, it was a group interview with the Division Management Director together with a Deputy Director. A HR Manager sit in but kept quiet and just looking at her notebook blankly throughout the session. Posted a question to her but she neither look at you nor reply you. The Director answered my "HR question".
3. Interviewers (Management) posted all the questions. It was the normal questions; with a couple on situational awareness and my profession.
4. The Director asked if I have anything to add prior HR do a reference check. My reply was I have added my current superior and colleague as Character referees and I am fine if they do reference check; provided I am the final shortlisted candidate there are serious in hiring me.
5. Subsequently, i send a couple of follow-up email on the application status update for 3 weeks. The replies from the HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg) were either "KIV, will update you if there are further shortlisted etc etc or more information.
6. Eventually, i received a email from the HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg), requesting for my current organisation's HR point of contact to do a reference check.
7. 5 days later, my present division director was informed of (my application and subsequent interview with recruiting Agency). He was asked by my current company HR to do a character appraisal of my job performance etc. I was subsequently call-in for a one-on-on discussion with my management about the whole situation and way forward. Based on my past yearly appraisal, I had been a "ABOVE Average" performance. I was informed by my superiors that the referee check report had been sent back to recruiting HR.
8. I sent 2 follow-up emails to the HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg) every two week for update. First one was 1 week after completing the report was returned to HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg). Second one was 3 weeks later. The reply from the HR Manager HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg) was "We are still pending reply from your current organisation" or "We are still reviewing your application" and etc.
9. I sent a final email (3.5 months from application) checking on the status - stating that HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg) had already done the referee check with my current organisation. My current Management had been asking when will I tender my resignation or join the new agency? Any further delay tactics from them could jeopardise my career in my current organisation.
10. HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg) replied immediately: "We regretted to inform you that your application is unsuccessful"
11. The whole episode was totally unnecessary, insincere, unprofessional and uncalled for. I was comforted that i did not managed to work in there else i would be truly sorry for myself.

Old 29-01-2018, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1. I had applied a position with the agency. Received several missed calls and messages from the HR two week after my application. I returned the call. The HR coordinator (Hazxx Axxxxx) was very rude and irritated throughout the conversation. I can hear him banging his keyboard and raising his voice to show his displeasure for reply his call late. The face to face encounter was worse. On a personal note, he shown descondesending and contempt look at you and have a "Can' be bother" attitude.
2. Attended the interview, it was a group interview with the Division Management Director together with a Deputy Director. A HR Manager sit in but kept quiet and just looking at her notebook blankly throughout the session. Posted a question to her but she neither look at you nor reply you. The Director answered my "HR question".
3. Interviewers (Management) posted all the questions. It was the normal questions; with a couple on situational awareness and my profession.
4. The Director asked if I have anything to add prior HR do a reference check. My reply was I have added my current superior and colleague as Character referees and I am fine if they do reference check; provided I am the final shortlisted candidate there are serious in hiring me.
5. Subsequently, i send a couple of follow-up email on the application status update for 3 weeks. The replies from the HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg) were either "KIV, will update you if there are further shortlisted etc etc or more information.
6. Eventually, i received a email from the HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg), requesting for my current organisation's HR point of contact to do a reference check.
7. 5 days later, my present division director was informed of (my application and subsequent interview with recruiting Agency). He was asked by my current company HR to do a character appraisal of my job performance etc. I was subsequently call-in for a one-on-on discussion with my management about the whole situation and way forward. Based on my past yearly appraisal, I had been a "ABOVE Average" performance. I was informed by my superiors that the referee check report had been sent back to recruiting HR.
8. I sent 2 follow-up emails to the HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg) every two week for update. First one was 1 week after completing the report was returned to HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg). Second one was 3 weeks later. The reply from the HR Manager HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg) was "We are still pending reply from your current organisation" or "We are still reviewing your application" and etc.
9. I sent a final email (3.5 months from application) checking on the status - stating that HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg) had already done the referee check with my current organisation. My current Management had been asking when will I tender my resignation or join the new agency? Any further delay tactics from them could jeopardise my career in my current organisation.
10. HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg) replied immediately: "We regretted to inform you that your application is unsuccessful"
11. The whole episode was totally unnecessary, insincere, unprofessional and uncalled for. I was comforted that i did not managed to work in there else i would be truly sorry for myself.
All this to inform you that you are unsuccessful. Sometimes it makes people wonder why they are so inefficient.

Old 02-02-2018, 12:37 PM

Manindoubt is on a distinguished road

sorry here about your bad experience. makes kinda makes me wonder if i should have accepted the offer in the first place
Old 03-02-2018, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Smile All the best to your appointment

I am cautiously suspicious of the working culture and professionalism based on the above unpleasant experience. The human resources is the first cut department from the start. Imagine this first cut impression you had already had prior joining. Nonetheless, if it the work scope that you are passionate about, it might drive your career prospect and perhaps influence the work ethics over there.
Old 14-06-2018, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

Default Please help me with my query

Hi, I went for an interview with ava recently. Its been one month after my interview but theres no reponse regarding the position.How long did ava take to reply you after the interview u attended? Please help me with my query.

Old 17-06-2018, 05:09 AM
Unregistered

To post #2, your incident happen in Jan 2018? Or was it back around Oct 2017?
Old 18-06-2018, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Smile Hi

Anyone went fo an interview recently...between apr to may at ava..how long did the hr take to contact back to inform you about the successful and unsuccessful outcome.please share,if you are aware.thank you very much
Old 28-08-2018, 09:20 PM
Ahm12

Default Ava job

Manindoubt or unrigersiter can you plz share some your contact information , i would like to discuss some jobs update with you about ava .thanks
Old 01-09-2018, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Default News from AVA

Hi, is there anyone got called form AVA regards on job offer recently? They have called me one week after the interview, and said that they are currently waiting for management to do final approval. However, I have been waiting for nearly 2 months, still no news.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app