Anyone work in AVA Animal Health Lab department before? - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Anyone work in AVA Animal Health Lab department before?

Old 03-09-2018, 02:47 AM
Unregistered

Ava is one of the worst agency around for hiring. I have friends who gone for interview and no news at all for 2 to 3 months without any updates at all. Email and call them always say still waiting management approval or the hiring person has not decide. One of them got the offer after 4 months of the interview but she already found a job.

It might be also due to the merger with Nparks that cause this big delay and inefficiency. So good luck for those who apply to AVA

Old 13-11-2018, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Organisation "Deeply seated" Work Culture

i am the original poster of the 2nd posting and the incident happened 2 years++ back. I am not surprised of the subsequent postings on "no follow up", "pending management response" and etc. Sometimes when i shared my past predicament with close associates regarding AVA, the common consensus would be on the organisation culture - deeply seated and deeply entrenched. I am not sure whether how deep is the not-so-positive conditions.

I have since moved on to another comparable or higher appointment. To those out there whom is hoping / waiting on their reply, i wish you luck. To those being rejected, i think you deserve better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1. I had applied a position with the agency. Received several missed calls and messages from the HR two week after my application. I returned the call. The HR coordinator (Hazxx Axxxxx) was very rude and irritated throughout the conversation. I can hear him banging his keyboard and raising his voice to show his displeasure for reply his call late. The face to face encounter was worse. On a personal note, he shown descondesending and contempt look at you and have a "Can' be bother" attitude.
2. Attended the interview, it was a group interview with the Division Management Director together with a Deputy Director. A HR Manager sit in but kept quiet and just looking at her notebook blankly throughout the session. Posted a question to her but she neither look at you nor reply you. The Director answered my "HR question".
3. Interviewers (Management) posted all the questions. It was the normal questions; with a couple on situational awareness and my profession.
4. The Director asked if I have anything to add prior HR do a reference check. My reply was I have added my current superior and colleague as Character referees and I am fine if they do reference check; provided I am the final shortlisted candidate there are serious in hiring me.
5. Subsequently, i send a couple of follow-up email on the application status update for 3 weeks. The replies from the HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg) were either "KIV, will update you if there are further shortlisted etc etc or more information.
6. Eventually, i received a email from the HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg), requesting for my current organisation's HR point of contact to do a reference check.
7. 5 days later, my present division director was informed of (my application and subsequent interview with recruiting Agency). He was asked by my current company HR to do a character appraisal of my job performance etc. I was subsequently call-in for a one-on-on discussion with my management about the whole situation and way forward. Based on my past yearly appraisal, I had been a "ABOVE Average" performance. I was informed by my superiors that the referee check report had been sent back to recruiting HR.
8. I sent 2 follow-up emails to the HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg) every two week for update. First one was 1 week after completing the report was returned to HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg). Second one was 3 weeks later. The reply from the HR Manager HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg) was "We are still pending reply from your current organisation" or "We are still reviewing your application" and etc.
9. I sent a final email (3.5 months from application) checking on the status - stating that HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg) had already done the referee check with my current organisation. My current Management had been asking when will I tender my resignation or join the new agency? Any further delay tactics from them could jeopardise my career in my current organisation.
10. HR Manager (Chxxx Chxxxg) replied immediately: "We regretted to inform you that your application is unsuccessful"
11. The whole episode was totally unnecessary, insincere, unprofessional and uncalled for. I was comforted that i did not managed to work in there else i would be truly sorry for myself.

Old 21-11-2020, 12:03 AM

Piprdrey is on a distinguished road

I worked there for a small time and learnd a lot of new things. The main lesson was that all our health and diet we want depends on each organism so we must try to find a perfect solution for our body. For this, it would be perfect to go to the doctor to decide together what would be best for your body and in this way it will be much easier and there will be no problems along the way. In addition, there are some computers that can determine and calculate what diet you need and what proportions and they are also very useful. I personally have been on the keto diet for several months now and my body is on such a diet, which makes me very happy. For convenience, I use an application https://ketodietapp.com that greatly eases the effort I have to make.

Old 19-09-2021, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Default Same HR Manager currently with IMDA

The said HR Manager (Ch*** Cheong) is currently with IMDA. Good luck to anyone dealing with her attitude.