Management Consultant in Singapore - Page 4 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Management Consultant in Singapore

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2022, 12:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol 250-300k even in 4 years, dream on - current economical climate not withstanding
250-300 is not enough tbh - IBD already pays 140-150k pa starting with 6-12m bonus (200-300k pa all in). When they make assoc (3-4yoe) it’s 240k pa base = 400-500k all in.

Competition is fierce. FAANG SWE = 110-140k pa starting and rises to 300k+ in 4-5 yrs.

If you think young folks arent paid this amount, you are stuck in your own world with $200 increments thinking no one deserves more. These are folks who do 3-4 internships while you shake leg during every break. If you want to get better, go work on your cv instead of trying to put others down. Cringe bro.

Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2022, 12:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
250-300 is not enough tbh - IBD already pays 140-150k pa starting with 6-12m bonus (200-300k pa all in). When they make assoc (3-4yoe) it’s 240k pa base = 400-500k all in.

Competition is fierce. FAANG SWE = 110-140k pa starting and rises to 300k+ in 4-5 yrs.

If you think young folks arent paid this amount, you are stuck in your own world with $200 increments thinking no one deserves more. These are folks who do 3-4 internships while you shake leg during every break. If you want to get better, go work on your cv instead of trying to put others down. Cringe bro.
Rofl 240k as a MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT with 4YOE. The internet is full of dumb ****ing kids.

Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 27-05-2022, 07:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Rofl 240k as a MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT with 4YOE. The internet is full of dumb ****ing kids.
Yup can confirm - mck MBB

Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 28-05-2022, 11:17 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Why are people so salty in this forum? 200k++ all in is possible for top roles straight from undergraduate. Instead of being so salty maybe you should reflect why you didn't work hard in school, too busy partying left and right, or your rag and flag or whatever
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2022, 01:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Well we have a useless sourgrapes boomer here, who thinks everyone should earn what he’s earning. “How can fresh grad deserve more than S$4k per mth? OVERPAID” L m a o
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2022, 01:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well we have a useless sourgrapes boomer here, who thinks everyone should earn what he’s earning. “How can fresh grad deserve more than S$4k per mth? OVERPAID” L m a o
In today's context earning $4k per month is only considered decent off course is very much dependent on the field of study. Above average should be starting at 5K with the high achievers starting at 7k and above. At the age of 30, average ones should be drawing 6k, above average 7.5k and high fliers 10k and above. Average is approx 50-60 percentile, above average 60-89 percentile and high fliers 90 percentile and above.
Reply With Quote

  #37 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2022, 01:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In today's context earning $4k per month is only considered decent off course is very much dependent on the field of study. Above average should be starting at 5K with the high achievers starting at 7k and above. At the age of 30, average ones should be drawing 6k, above average 7.5k and high fliers 10k and above. Average is approx 50-60 percentile, above average 60-89 percentile and high fliers 90 percentile and above.
At 30, girls will have worked 6-7 years and guys 5-6 years. We can talk about the ultra highflyers. There are maybe 100-300 people per cohort in the top few firms in these top couple of industries. I am sure there are other roles that pay well as well (PE, HF etc) but are smaller, and IB/MC are the more well-known and sizeable ones and form the base of ‘liquidity’ for people to go into other careers.

For girls,
At 6-7 years in MBB you would be an EM level. That’s around 16-18k base, 250-300k all in.
At 6-7 years in BB IB you would be Assoc/entry VP level. That’s around 20-30k base, 400-600k all in.
US whiteshoe big law assoc = 20-30k base, 300-400k all in.
For guys, maybe take a 20-30% discount on those numbers due to 2 years lag.

Outside these professional services folks there are also the tech folks.

Tech numbers will depend on whether you are in SG or US, and when you got your stocks. The industry is growing too fast and compensation is too unstable for me to put a gauge on things. But SWEs from NUS love to talk up their US comp after going overseas, but that’s stupid. US salaries don’t apply because they pay 40% tax + high COL, and the litmus test is if you do a lateral transfer within a Google or Meta you won’t get anywhere close to your US package in SG with the same numbers (even replacing USD with SGD). But it’s also a good industry and I think SWEs with 5-6 yrs xp can be pulling 250-350k depending on which firm they are in.
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2022, 02:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
At 30, girls will have worked 6-7 years and guys 5-6 years. We can talk about the ultra highflyers. There are maybe 100-300 people per cohort in the top few firms in these top couple of industries. I am sure there are other roles that pay well as well (PE, HF etc) but are smaller, and IB/MC are the more well-known and sizeable ones and form the base of ‘liquidity’ for people to go into other careers.

For girls,
At 6-7 years in MBB you would be an EM level. That’s around 16-18k base, 250-300k all in.
At 6-7 years in BB IB you would be Assoc/entry VP level. That’s around 20-30k base, 400-600k all in.
US whiteshoe big law assoc = 20-30k base, 300-400k all in.
For guys, maybe take a 20-30% discount on those numbers due to 2 years lag.

Outside these professional services folks there are also the tech folks.

Tech numbers will depend on whether you are in SG or US, and when you got your stocks. The industry is growing too fast and compensation is too unstable for me to put a gauge on things. But SWEs from NUS love to talk up their US comp after going overseas, but that’s stupid. US salaries don’t apply because they pay 40% tax + high COL, and the litmus test is if you do a lateral transfer within a Google or Meta you won’t get anywhere close to your US package in SG with the same numbers (even replacing USD with SGD). But it’s also a good industry and I think SWEs with 5-6 yrs xp can be pulling 250-350k depending on which firm they are in.
Your white shoe numbers are too low.

Cravath starting is already 215k USD = 300k SGD (not including bonuses). 4 - 5 years in would be close to 480k (not including bonuses).
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2022, 02:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
At 30, girls will have worked 6-7 years and guys 5-6 years. We can talk about the ultra highflyers. There are maybe 100-300 people per cohort in the top few firms in these top couple of industries. I am sure there are other roles that pay well as well (PE, HF etc) but are smaller, and IB/MC are the more well-known and sizeable ones and form the base of ‘liquidity’ for people to go into other careers.

For girls,
At 6-7 years in MBB you would be an EM level. That’s around 16-18k base, 250-300k all in.
At 6-7 years in BB IB you would be Assoc/entry VP level. That’s around 20-30k base, 400-600k all in.
US whiteshoe big law assoc = 20-30k base, 300-400k all in.
For guys, maybe take a 20-30% discount on those numbers due to 2 years lag.

Outside these professional services folks there are also the tech folks.

Tech numbers will depend on whether you are in SG or US, and when you got your stocks. The industry is growing too fast and compensation is too unstable for me to put a gauge on things. But SWEs from NUS love to talk up their US comp after going overseas, but that’s stupid. US salaries don’t apply because they pay 40% tax + high COL, and the litmus test is if you do a lateral transfer within a Google or Meta you won’t get anywhere close to your US package in SG with the same numbers (even replacing USD with SGD). But it’s also a good industry and I think SWEs with 5-6 yrs xp can be pulling 250-350k depending on which firm they are in.
Your white shoe numbers are too low. Cravath starting is already 215k USD = 300k SGD (not including bonuses). 4 - 5 years in would be close to 480k (not including bonuses). Big law salaries (at least at the NQ level) are a matter of public record so go ahead and verify.
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2022, 05:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
At 30, girls will have worked 6-7 years and guys 5-6 years. We can talk about the ultra highflyers. There are maybe 100-300 people per cohort in the top few firms in these top couple of industries. I am sure there are other roles that pay well as well (PE, HF etc) but are smaller, and IB/MC are the more well-known and sizeable ones and form the base of ‘liquidity’ for people to go into other careers.

For girls,
At 6-7 years in MBB you would be an EM level. That’s around 16-18k base, 250-300k all in.
At 6-7 years in BB IB you would be Assoc/entry VP level. That’s around 20-30k base, 400-600k all in.
US whiteshoe big law assoc = 20-30k base, 300-400k all in.
For guys, maybe take a 20-30% discount on those numbers due to 2 years lag.

Outside these professional services folks there are also the tech folks.

Tech numbers will depend on whether you are in SG or US, and when you got your stocks. The industry is growing too fast and compensation is too unstable for me to put a gauge on things. But SWEs from NUS love to talk up their US comp after going overseas, but that’s stupid. US salaries don’t apply because they pay 40% tax + high COL, and the litmus test is if you do a lateral transfer within a Google or Meta you won’t get anywhere close to your US package in SG with the same numbers (even replacing USD with SGD). But it’s also a good industry and I think SWEs with 5-6 yrs xp can be pulling 250-350k depending on which firm they are in.
Work in one of the field mentioned above, and can confirm the numbers quoted are accurate based on my own experience + friends' in the field too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc etc etc thereo Income and Jobs 223 02-05-2022 10:46 PM
what is the role of management consultant in big 4 advisory? asd123 Income and Jobs 6 12-03-2015 08:22 PM
Consultant in anaesthesia - Singapore meedoc Income and Jobs 0 29-01-2015 05:46 AM
IDA consultant/senior consultant pay range/benefits? scorcho Income and Jobs 2 17-07-2014 07:22 PM
Salary of Change Management Consultant in NCS? Devjyoti Income and Jobs 1 02-03-2014 04:47 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,062 Replies, 377,478 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,973 Replies, 1,925,501 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,224 Replies, 8,925,297 Views
Civil Service Current Estimated... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
126 Replies, 204,711 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,300 Replies, 2,419,946 Views
Jumping into the tech private... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 6,497 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
442 Replies, 162,361 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,158 Replies, 256,698 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,623 Replies, 3,508,790 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,784 Replies, 963,194 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
467 Replies, 242,909 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
960 Replies, 633,064 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,154 Replies, 6,456,222 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 457,696 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,158 Replies, 571,367 Views
Official 2022 Retrechment thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 10,128 Views
Bnp paribas graduate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
190 Replies, 99,921 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,799 Replies, 848,771 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,178 Replies, 858,298 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
632 Replies, 159,896 Views
Open Government Products (under... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,379 Views
2022 Full time/Summer internship... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 2,544 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,064 Replies, 2,939,292 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
514 Replies, 143,883 Views
Alibaba
1 Replies, 304 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,603 Replies, 2,028,774 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 79,417 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
231 Replies, 253,268 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 70,408 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,613 Replies, 3,099,385 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2