Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   General Discussions (https://forums.salary.sg/general-discussions/)
-   -   What do you want to achieve this year - 2012 ? (https://forums.salary.sg/general-discussions/1673-what-do-you-want-achieve-year-2012-a.html)

Hermit 06-01-2012 02:25 PM

What do you want to achieve this year - 2012 ?

Any new resolutions?

New sector to move into ?

New business venture on your mind ?

New focus in your life ?

1973 08-01-2012 02:32 PM

Hermit,

Have your life changed? Have you found a new job?

1973 08-01-2012 02:56 PM

Luck seems to be knocking at my door.

A longtime friend of mine invite me to join a business venture. Will give me 10-20% shares. Don't need to come out with any money. He has a childhood friend in Malaysia who would like to export things (I won't reveal what is it here) to Singapore but potential customers want to cut his price to very low level. These customers will get the import through the newly formed Singapore registered company by us such that they have to excuse to bargain price.

Hermit 09-01-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1973 (Post 19573)
Luck seems to be knocking at my door.

A longtime friend of mine invite me to join a business venture. Will give me 10-20% shares. Don't need to come out with any money. He has a childhood friend in Malaysia who would like to export things (I won't reveal what is it here) to Singapore but potential customers want to cut his price to very low level. These customers will get the import through the newly formed Singapore registered company by us such that they have to excuse to bargain price.

Hi 1973, no I have not found a new job. But then again, I am not looking for one. :)

Is this your first business partnership? Do be careful that you have an active role in the business, and not just in there because you guys are friends. And I am sure you have heard what business disagreements can do to friendships... All the best !

1973 09-01-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermit (Post 19615)
Hi 1973, no I have not found a new job. But then again, I am not looking for one. :)

Is this your first business partnership? Do be careful that you have an active role in the business, and not just in there because you guys are friends. And I am sure you have heard what business disagreements can do to friendships... All the best !

Hi Hermit. Why don't you have to look for a job? Do you have alot of saving or you have something that you want to do?

We don't have active role. Since I don't even need to come out with any investment money, I can't really ask for too much. we will have to visit his factories in Malaysia to checkout only if we are invited to invest more to increase capacity or things like that. I am very cautious not to lose my friend because of business. It is realy up to them, whatever percentage of shares, they are happy to give me.

Hermit 09-01-2012 04:09 PM

As my name suggests, I am now sort of a hermit. Only I live in town instead of in the mountains. :D

I have not worked for others since quitting my MNC job in my 30s. I am now in my 40s and I sold my share of the company I helped built. But I still have a stake in another business.

I spend my time with my kids and a few close friends. Do some amateur investing/speculating, catch up on reading and also exercising.

1973 10-01-2012 01:53 PM

Hi Hermit,

Good for you.

If my friends invite me to put in more investing money into the venture. What legal process should I look at to protect myself as a minor shareholder?