Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses - Page 17 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Education and Personal Growth

Education and Personal Growth Schools, further studies, getting ready for employment, and motivation stuff

Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses

Old 16-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i know when they called u up?
15th may. (:

Old 16-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
15th may. (:
Alright, good luck for your interview. Do share with us the question after interview

Old 16-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Alright, good luck for your interview. Do share with us the question after interview
Not much questions were asked. They just want to get to know more about you and what you studied in school. And also why you want to become an LAE. NO technical questions. But there's an aptitude test; somewhat like IQ test. (: Hope that helps! ^^

Old 29-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

Default heyy

hey can i know when will be the next intake for apprenticeship for both SIAEC and STAEC?
any idea? or there are no intakes?
Old 29-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

Smile

Haha seems like alot of people keep asking advise from current LAE, but alot seems to ignore the warning from us.

Blinded by the $$$, health or wealth(if you consider $5k alot at the end of 8yrs, $7k $8k are those working arnd 30yrs above, nowadays u would not be able to achieve that due cost cutting cheaper better faster) , your choice.

Take advise from some who posted here, if u want big money, go banking, oil and gas.

Passion in aeroplane, life as LAE brutally murdered my passion for aeroplane, the management are the ones responsible, all looking for their own KPI, cut this, cut that.

Likes to do hands on: We have to work in heights, doing wiring chk with live current, heavy parts, all in awkward/confine spaces, limited manpower/resources/safety equipment and worse with limited time.

So much toxic and hazardous things, the moment u enter the work area, haha radiation from the weather radar, aircrafts arriving/departing every mins/hrs, the stress and pressure, toxics from the engine/hydraulic oil, sealants(with warning tag on the bottle: inhaling will cause damage to liver/kidney). Falling from heights, hit by falling objects, sprain ur legs/back/hand. Strike by lightning(u think I'm kidding)... so much more, too lazy to type.

The last warning from a bunch of LAEs working for almost 9yrs, those still waiting for calls from HR, looking forward to medical chk up, send resume no reply .... ur have been warned........
Old 29-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

Smile

Hi Hi to those blinded by $$$

We got 3.55 months bonus and AWS, total 4.55 months. $6k x 4.55 = $27300 (buy zoom zoom, condo, KTV, hermes bag ... yeah)

But we die 10 yrs earlier
Ur life worth how many $27300 .... U decide ....

Hope to neutralize/lighten my bad karma by giving honest advise ... oh well

Old 30-05-2012, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

If this job is so hazardous and bad as you have described, then may I ask why didn't you quit when your bond was over? Why is there people that can work there for 30 years if the working environment is that bad?
If the bonus is $27300 for you, and still yet you think it's not worth it? I find that it is unbelievable for you to disclose how much you get, but yet despise your job so much that you condemn it.
Hmm.. live current during wiring checks? Do you actually measure current in your scope of work? I think you measure voltage and resistance with a multimeter, right?
If it's that dangerous, that you have to actually measure high currents in terms of amps, how come there are no reports of engineers being burnt alive during work in the newspapers?
I think we should complain less and work more..
Old 30-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

Before you embark into the journey of being a LAE, you should be asking yourself a few questions:
1) What are the attributes that are expected of an engineer that differs from that of a banker, salesman or real estate agent?
2) Are you willing to jeopardise safety in exchange for your convenience and costs savings?
3) What are your prospects after 20-30 yrs of service in your company? Are you going to be replaced easily by a green horn that just graduated? Does this company appreciate old engineers and keeps upgrading them or do they actually replace old timers with cheaper fresh grads and foreigners?
4) Are you willing to sacrifice your weekends working, at times through the middle of the night to get the aircraft serviceable? Are you able to work under extreme stress and time limit?
5) Are you able to lead a group of technicians with vast experience, and yet gain their respect and support?
6) Are you willing to get your hands dirty and say 'Yes, I'll help you to remove this item myself'?
7) Are you willing to start from the lowest rank and have the discipline to follow all the strict rules as an apprentice?

If the answer to the above casts doubts to you, you might want to reconsider.
Old 31-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Huat Ah

Quote:
Haha seems like alot of people keep asking advise from current LAE, but alot seems to ignore the warning from us.

Blinded by the $$$, health or wealth(if you consider $5k alot at the end of 8yrs, $7k $8k are those working arnd 30yrs above, nowadays u would not be able to achieve that due cost cutting cheaper better faster) , your choice.

Take advise from some who posted here, if u want big money, go banking, oil and gas.

Passion in aeroplane, life as LAE brutally murdered my passion for aeroplane, the management are the ones responsible, all looking for their own KPI, cut this, cut that.

Likes to do hands on: We have to work in heights, doing wiring chk with live current, heavy parts, all in awkward/confine spaces, limited manpower/resources/safety equipment and worse with limited time.

So much toxic and hazardous things, the moment u enter the work area, haha radiation from the weather radar, aircrafts arriving/departing every mins/hrs, the stress and pressure, toxics from the engine/hydraulic oil, sealants(with warning tag on the bottle: inhaling will cause damage to liver/kidney). Falling from heights, hit by falling objects, sprain ur legs/back/hand. Strike by lightning(u think I'm kidding)... so much more, too lazy to type.

The last warning from a bunch of LAEs working for almost 9yrs, those still waiting for calls from HR, looking forward to medical chk up, send resume no reply .... ur have been warned........

All aviation companies usually cover their staff with full medical coverage; class A ward.. btw the weather radar does not operate with weight on wheels, hence u will not get radiated, unless u offend someone and the guy points it at u.
For toxic fumes, personal protective equipments are also provided, proper training are also given to educate all staff to be careful. If you find it dangerous, just walk away.
Why do u want to discourage people from joining as an apprentice? Are you afraid that they will compete with you and eat up your share of the cake?
Old 31-05-2012, 09:41 AM
MR_VK

Default SiAEC IS THE BEST

Being a LAE definitely is not bad karma. Just need to have situation awareness, got spray painting just stop work and take a break else where....Let me ask you, which company pays u 100k +++ pa just to certify airplanes.Is it that difficult??? Please stop bad-mouthing my company ok. Huat ah!!!!!