Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses - Page 64 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Education and Personal Growth

Education and Personal Growth Schools, further studies, getting ready for employment, and motivation stuff

Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses

Old 17-08-2020, 09:35 PM
LAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is relevant maintenace experience? Is it aircraft technician experience? If so then how many years?
s://.caas.gov.sg/docs/default-source/pdf/sar66info.pdf

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 18-08-2020, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Do u mind sharing wad course u signed up for at wad uni??

From wad many have shared here - Being an LAE after u grad from uni means u will be grossly underpaid for at least 4 yrs. It is only after u had gotten ur LAE license that ur salary hits a basic of $3k-$4k+

Contrast this with ur peers who joined other companies, govt ministries, stat boards after grad, in their 4th to 5th year they would b hitting at least 5k-6k/mth salary. This is in addition to losing out to those 4yrs+ of additional salary +bonus.... Ur annual salary will only catch up at the end of ur LAE, maybe 8th yr or so??

If u r young n single, passionate abt aviation it is ok la... But if u r attached, looking to settle down soon I suggest not going into this.... Sometimes, passion dun pay u much in sg...

If u can, consider switching to another course that u r interested in....

If not, after grad u can consider signing on uniformed services like airforce, navy, scdf, cnb, ica, customs... Those roles starting salary already high $3k+..... Make sure u think of other alternative career paths before u grad.... If u r interested I can share u with more on telegram @jeffrey745....
Thank you so much for the insight man, I really appreciate it! currently enrolled in aerospace engineering with SIT and honestly since im 23 this year, waiting 8 years to hit a salary comparable to people in other sectors seems like a really long time since i'm already lacking behind by a year, it's not that i'm looking to start a family or whatever but to me I would love to be able to have the funds to allow my parents to retire soon since they're already getting pretty old in age, with that being said, is it true that LAEs can earn quite a bit of extra money with OT since it apparently pays pretty well if you're willing to forego your work life balance? also, with an aerospace/aeronautical cert are there any other jobs with promising prospects can I apply for in the future?

Old 20-08-2020, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Do u mind sharing wad course u signed up for at wad uni??

From wad many have shared here - Being an LAE after u grad from uni means u will be grossly underpaid for at least 4 yrs. It is only after u had gotten ur LAE license that ur salary hits a basic of $3k-$4k+

Contrast this with ur peers who joined other companies, govt ministries, stat boards after grad, in their 4th to 5th year they would b hitting at least 5k-6k/mth salary. This is in addition to losing out to those 4yrs+ of additional salary +bonus.... Ur annual salary will only catch up at the end of ur LAE, maybe 8th yr or so??

If u r young n single, passionate abt aviation it is ok la... But if u r attached, looking to settle down soon I suggest not going into this.... Sometimes, passion dun pay u much in sg...

If u can, consider switching to another course that u r interested in....

If not, after grad u can consider signing on uniformed services like airforce, navy, scdf, cnb, ica, customs... Those roles starting salary already high $3k+..... Make sure u think of other alternative career paths before u grad.... If u r interested I can share u with more on telegram @jeffrey745....
Damn honestly that sounds like a pretty tough path to go down since i'm already 23 this year, having to wait another 8 whole years after graduation to catch up to my peers in other sectors doesn't sound really appealing tbh, currently don't have any plans to start a family soon but ideally I would still want a relatively high paying job since my parent are getting old in age so I would love for them to retire soon. I've actually heard somewhere that LAEs can earn quite a bit through OTs, is there any truth in that? as for the signing on part i'm still 50/50 on that since I really hated the working culture while i was in NS so i'm still thinking on it.

Old 20-08-2020, 12:42 PM
Jeffrey

Default Career as LAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Damn honestly that sounds like a pretty tough path to go down since i'm already 23 this year, having to wait another 8 whole years after graduation to catch up to my peers in other sectors doesn't sound really appealing tbh, currently don't have any plans to start a family soon but ideally I would still want a relatively high paying job since my parent are getting old in age so I would love for them to retire soon. I've actually heard somewhere that LAEs can earn quite a bit through OTs, is there any truth in that? as for the signing on part i'm still 50/50 on that since I really hated the working culture while i was in NS so i'm still thinking on it.
I think many forumners here have shared their anecdotes. U can try asking around those real LAEs and they will tell u more of their stories.

So u r 23 this yr, assuming u take a 4yrs degree course, u will grad at about 27.

During this 4yrs of ur studies, who knows wad may happen? U may find urself someone u love and wanna settle down in x years.

If u go into lae, first 4 yrs 27yo-31yo u will be paid roughly 2.5k/mth.

Only after passing all exams, clocking all exp then ur salary will start to slowly rise after 4yrs.

But I must say, I've heard of LAEs earning good salaries and they are needed everywhere in many different countries, especially after u finish the bond with ur company .

The most recent time I heard from another fren that LAE bond is 10yrs, not sure if its true?

If starting salary for u is something impt, I suggest u look into other industries and sectors that pay decently after u grad.

My personal advise is this :

1)Take a degree that is more general, that allows u to work in a number of roles n industries. If 1 industry is affected by recession, for instance aviation currently, u hve the opp to switch to other industries.

2) Think of what job roles u r interested to do when u graduate. Research abt it and ask industry professionals. During uni do as many internships in companies as possible.

3) Always think of backup career plan if ur 1st plan fails.

Hope it helps for you and wish u all the best
Old 01-09-2020, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
After ur 4 years in NTU, u will need to join either SIAEC or ST Aero n undergo training as a LAE trainee for 44 months. Salary is 2.5k Then after that, u r bonded for another 2-4 years. ROI isnt good and too long a bond.
This guy speak the truth. Its not worth working as a LAE anymore. I'm working as a approv holder and my seniors are earning more then LAE.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I think many forumners here have shared their anecdotes. U can try asking around those real LAEs and they will tell u more of their stories.

So u r 23 this yr, assuming u take a 4yrs degree course, u will grad at about 27.

During this 4yrs of ur studies, who knows wad may happen? U may find urself someone u love and wanna settle down in x years.

Only after passing all exams, clocking all exp then ur salary will start to slowly rise after 4yrs.

But I must say, I've heard of LAEs earning good salaries and they are needed everywhere in many different countries, especially after u finish the bond with ur company .

The most recent time I heard from another fren that LAE bond is 10yrs, not sure if its true?

If starting salary for u is something impt, I suggest u look into other industries and sectors that pay decently after u grad.

1)Take a degree that is more general, that allows u to work in a number of roles n industries. If 1 industry is affected by recession, for instance aviation currently, u hve the opp to switch to other industries.

2) Think of what job roles u r interested to do when u graduate. Research abt it and ask industry professionals. During uni do as many internships in companies as possible.

I was in this dilemma too. I took a degree and didn't guarantee a job. Join a apprenticeship program and I feel that I should have just join without degree. My ot pay plus my allowance can beat those ntu students who join the SIA program. However now I'm in SIAEC, we are not doing well either. So yeah, aviation itself is not doing well. I would suggest students to be an engineer in the workshop level. They are paid more. I know of a workshop engineer earning 10k per mth. If AFM will earn even more.

Old 01-09-2020, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

If guys need to more about LAE,

Check my post here
s:///deCBnq59KMs
Old 01-09-2020, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Lae max pay not that high for siaec. Im a union member there. You can't earn 20k but a reasonable 5 figures can still be hit below 14k if only you rech the ceiling
Old 01-09-2020, 11:07 PM
Jeffrey

Default Prospects for LAE

Recently i checked with my ex colleague who's sis signed on as LAE with ST Aerospace, he told me that her bond is 9yrs.

Another fren told me that the bond with SIAEC is 10yrs. There r many more things u can do in that 10yrs....

So this means we r looking at 4yrs of training + 5-6yrs of LAE bond. Not sure how salary will progress after training ends though....

Recently got in touch with an ex schoolmate who grad with an aerospace degree, he joined an aviation company as trainee (Non destructive testing)NDT inspector, salary low $2k+....

Unless u sign on now at 23yo, u will finish the bond at early 30s, still nt so bad...
Old 02-09-2020, 04:16 PM
LAE

Quote:
Recently i checked with my ex colleague who's sis signed on as LAE with ST Aerospace, he told me that her bond is 9yrs.

Another fren told me that the bond with SIAEC is 10yrs. There r many more things u can do in that 10yrs....

So this means we r looking at 4yrs of training + 5-6yrs of LAE bond. Not sure how salary will progress after training ends though....

Recently got in touch with an ex schoolmate who grad with an aerospace degree, he joined an aviation company as trainee (Non destructive testing)NDT inspector, salary low $2k+....

Unless u sign on now at 23yo, u will finish the bond at early 30s, still nt so bad...
The training minimum 2yrs not exceeding 3yrs ……….