Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Education and Personal Growth (https://forums.salary.sg/education-personal-growth/)
-   -   Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses (https://forums.salary.sg/education-personal-growth/858-aircraft-maintenance-license-courses.html)

Unregistered 03-04-2012 11:10 PM

Eh u working at where I want go there too. your place is the rumored $250/hr callup OT pay de izzit

Unregistered 06-04-2012 02:25 PM

Lae

Yep I wld love to get my hands dirty and at the same time get a not bad pay..! I somehow can foresee technicians are hard to handle. You guys get to do alot of ot still?

Also I heard lae salary somehow adjusted to be lower as compared to the older lae generations?

Basil 13-04-2012 03:47 PM

I got the call from SIAEC for the interview …I am very much worried when reading this forum and still thinking whether to join this AML training programe…..I was graduated from Temasek Polytechnic and working for 2 yrs now,also just joined NUS for part time degree …..Does anyone doing this programe here?? Please update the latest on this thread like the working atmosphere and future etc…

When will be the next intake ?? did they allow to do part time degree while doing this training programe??

boardrider02 14-04-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basil (Post 23761)
I got the call from SIAEC for the interview …I am very much worried when reading this forum and still thinking whether to join this AML training programe…..I was graduated from Temasek Polytechnic and working for 2 yrs now,also just joined NUS for part time degree …..Does anyone doing this programe here?? Please update the latest on this thread like the working atmosphere and future etc…

When will be the next intake ?? did they allow to do part time degree while doing this training programe??

When u are in training for 3 year, most of the time u will be in office hours.there will be exams to take n a lot n lot of modules like basic airceaft courses n type rating courses.u should be able to continue taking part time if it does not affect your training.but if u fail 3 times for a certain subject u will face disciplinary issues n coz u to go out of course n pay the bond.the problem is only during OJT to some department where they work odd shift like line maintenance. U can highlight to your training department n they will arrange a department that can accomodate u.but for line maint OJT u will face the pro lem.no issue for basemaint or workshop.

boardrider02 14-04-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boardrider02 (Post 23793)
When u are in training for 3 year, most of the time u will be in office hours.there will be exams to take n a lot n lot of modules like basic airceaft courses n type rating courses.u should be able to continue taking part time if it does not affect your training.but if u fail 3 times for a certain subject u will face disciplinary issues n coz u to go out of course n pay the bond.the problem is only during OJT to some department where they work odd shift like line maintenance. U can highlight to your training department n they will arrange a department that can accomodate u.but for line maint OJT u will face the pro lem.no issue for basemaint or workshop.

Next intake no one knows.but the work environment is super hectic n politics involved.my advise, it is a good n also a demanding job.the company's mentality is "aircraft is meant to fly not to be on ground to earn money".u need to think whether is it a go or no go case.And whatever u do,take care of your own backside coz noone else will.

Unregistered 14-04-2012 01:59 PM

Beside ST aero and SIAEC is there other company that provide type course for the staff ?

Unregistered 14-04-2012 02:29 PM

Currently working as a senior tech in a aircraft interior company, 34 yr Liao, holding a mech diploma, strong interest in aviation. Am I too old to enter into this trainee thingy? Would it be worthwhile in the long run, in term of monetary return...currently drawing 45k per annum with OT of cos...

basilbaby1990 14-04-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boardrider02 (Post 23793)

thats great....do u have any idea of the salary scale for an LME?? SIAEC is just giving 1k.month during training,very low :(

basilbaby1990 14-04-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23813)
Currently working as a senior tech in a aircraft interior company, 34 yr Liao, holding a mech diploma, strong interest in aviation. Am I too old to enter into this trainee thingy? Would it be worthwhile in the long run, in term of monetary return...currently drawing 45k per annum with OT of cos...

wow....why dont you give a try....but may be u wont earn 45k in the first 4-6 years

Bun 15-04-2012 11:31 PM

Hi guys,

I got an interview with SIAEC for the LAE apprenticeship programme this coming thursday.
Anyone can share some insights like;

1. What's the gross pay like for the first 3.5 years?

2. Bond duration?

3. Recommended to sign?

4. Is the interview hard?

Thank you.