Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses - Page 67 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Education and Personal Growth

Education and Personal Growth Schools, further studies, getting ready for employment, and motivation stuff

Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses

Old 30-07-2021, 08:07 AM
Unregistered

Thanks for your reply man, really appreciate it! It's really sad that Singapore aviation is going down the drain... 10 years ago aviation was at the peak in Singapore, it had very good benefits, now it's really the other way round. I also had passion for aircrafts, now I'm really thinking about whether to join aviation.. the only company that I see recruiting trainees regularly is saesl. Anyone have any recommendation of which industry should I join as I just completed my National Service?

Old 30-07-2021, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for your reply man, really appreciate it! It's really sad that Singapore aviation is going down the drain... 10 years ago aviation was at the peak in Singapore, it had very good benefits, now it's really the other way round. I also had passion for aircrafts, now I'm really thinking about whether to join aviation.. the only company that I see recruiting trainees regularly is saesl. Anyone have any recommendation of which industry should I join as I just completed my National Service?
U can try waiting for ST TLAE trainee licenses aircraft engineer. Not sure when they would open.

Old 10-08-2021, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Did you join as a trainee LAE? Are u a LAE now? Recently i've seen a number of NTU/NUS engineering grads joining as senior technician in SIAEC and working their way up to LAE.
Hi. I'm not. I a Certifying Engineer. I'm still at my early years. Gross 3.8k. With ot 7k. On top of that company sponsor me Masters. I'm working in a OEM company but I have the same union as SIAEC LAE. Our payscale can match SIAEC LAE due to our strong Union and CA. Even covid period we are expecting to hit 4 month bonus next year.

Old 11-08-2021, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
It still is. Aviation is undergoing transformation. The skill to pick ip is digital transformation,robotic and transformation. If you have this skills you are hereby sort after. A aviation degree is no longer needed.
Old 22-08-2021, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
U can try waiting for ST TLAE trainee licenses aircraft engineer. Not sure when they would open.

The intake will always appear regardless of financial outcomes.
Reason : Very High turnaround rate after expiry of bond.

This statement alone shows the conditions of work life and benefits in the said company itself.

To be very frank and upfront to all aspiring LAEs - go look for your career in elsewhere, in other engineering sector, even commercial/construction/silicon fab/i.t or maybe consider becoming a PE for lifts, escalator or WSH. U will be happier there.

Me: *initiate bond expiry countdown timer*

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 22-08-2021, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Talking

Quote:
Hi. I'm not. I a Certifying Engineer. I'm still at my early years. Gross 3.8k. With ot 7k. On top of that company sponsor me Masters. I'm working in a OEM company but I have the same union as SIAEC LAE. Our payscale can match SIAEC LAE due to our strong Union and CA. Even covid period we are expecting to hit 4 month bonus next year.
Wah. Bro share lobang and recommendations leh.. hahha

Old 22-08-2021, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Red face

Quote:
It's after 8 years. Not upon attaining LAE get 4.5k, maybe 20 years ago with all the various packages and incentives haha!
Meaning, after your bond, the company reoffer you? can open table talk your demands ah ahaaah
Old 19-11-2021, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Aviation is a long career to be build up. Its not a matter of 1 year,its a long process. But nowadays,a diploma cannot be an engineer in EC. So if there is offer to be in OEM, go for it. Its difficult now unless u have the qualification as a basis. Its a really a rush world out there.I have the opportunity to work in EC, overseas airlines and ST.All 3 have a totally different culture.

But aviation looks appealing from outsider but noy from an insider.Prodedures,manuals,tight deadline and zero tolerance for deviation.
Old 19-11-2021, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Good day to all,
Here I am doing something which I did not sign up for in the first place. I join S**EC near end 2019. My goal is to become a certified tech with type ratings, for example for certain engine type or aircraft types. (Joined as Trainee Tech, 1 year of training).(3 year bond)
Managed to passed all modules on the first try. Completed my OJT, and was very excited to start working on a real aircraft. Got a real passion for aviation, all the different types of aircraft i can recognise just by one look.

In the midst of my OJT, unfortunately Covid-19 hits Singapore. And before we even passed out as a fully trained technician, we were told that we are gonna be transferred to the office to do admin work. We were devastated.
This is something we got zero control over it. All contract workers n foreigners were being sent back to their own country. Massive cut cost measures were implemented to preserve the business and cash flow. Alot of initiatives were also undertaken during this period of time such as Lean transformation etc.

Since we were trained as technicians, and collected our OJT experience for almost one year, being transferred to the office to do data entry stuff is not exactly what we expect. Not trying to discredit or demeaning the work we do in the office even though it is still aviation related. Entry of tech log into SAP, checking of hrs etc. Think it negatively we can say it is just data entry. Think it positively, we can say that we learn new things.

What we have trained for a year has been wasted. Now working in the office doing work we did not signed up to. We were being transferred to the office to replace those foreign workers who were being send back. So in a sense, they (the company) just throw us into the office.
So what we learnt for the past 1 year at training school? So as to work in the office? The office work we are doing, any intern or other tom dick n harry are able to do it. No need to train for one year. Base and line maintenance personnel mentioned they need more technicians, so why not transfer us to hangar or line, where we can put our skills to use. Now it is already close to 1 year working in the office. 1 year of time wasted.

Now im close to working in the office for one year. What have i gained? To be honest nothing much. Data entry and my first year exp of training which counts to nothing in the aviation world. What counts is type ratings, engine type training in the outside world.

Of cos the company (S**EC) can say that it is becos of COVID 19, so no choice etc. Thats why we are being transferred from maintenance( in the field) to working in the office.
We have no say in everything. We got no options to leave also. 3 years bond. Pay like ****. Bring home only 1.5k sgd.

Lesson learnt, even if u are so passionate about aircraft maintenance/ engineering please you also have to think about the financial side. And also the company dont give a flying **** about employees. To them, protecting the business is all it matters, maintaining the image. We are so replaceable. My passion for aircraft is still alive, but I would never ever wanna work for this company or any other company like this again where not a single damn is given about u.
Of course, protecting business means many will still be employed but lesser pay.Image of the company resembles nation.So survivability is at stake.Be patient, u will have long way to go and opportunities will come.
Old 21-11-2021, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Hi everyone I just finished my diploma from NP, I wanting to apply trainee tech at saesl. Can anyone give me an insight how's the company like? How much should I expect to get after completing the training?