Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Education and Personal Growth (https://forums.salary.sg/education-personal-growth/)
-   -   Is it true that order of choice of courses is impt? (https://forums.salary.sg/education-personal-growth/8292-true-order-choice-courses-impt.html)

dreamzknight 28-12-2016 12:10 PM

Is it true that order of choice of courses is impt?

Lets say both A and B study EEE. If A poly GPA is higher than B but put EEE as 2nd choice, B put as 1st choice, B got EEE first than A even though A GPA is higher?

Unregistered 28-12-2016 09:35 PM

yes you are right

Unregistered 28-12-2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93358)
yes you are right

How you know? Wont it be unfair that someone lower GPA got in first?

Unregistered 28-12-2016 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93360)
How you know? Wont it be unfair that someone lower GPA got in first?

It is not unfair.
A did not value EEE and had put it as his 2nd choice.

Unregistered 29-12-2016 08:53 AM

How u all know the admission procedure is like this?

Then why they stated differently?

://.askadmissions.nus.edu.sg/app/answers/detail/a_id/83/kw/Ranking%20of%20choice/related/1

dreamzknight 29-12-2016 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93367)
How u all know the admission procedure is like this?

Then why they stated differently?

://.askadmissions.nus.edu.sg/app/answers/detail/a_id/83/kw/Ranking%20of%20choice/related/1

Selection for admission to a course in NUS?

Unregistered 29-12-2016 04:09 PM

I heard that Admission roughly works like this, your application is sent to the first choice faculty, if you get rejected, it gets passed to second faculty, then to the third etc etc until a faculty accepts you. But lets say that by the time your application has reached the 'realistic' faculty of your choice, they might have already filled up all slots. Or even worse, they might have sent out acceptance offers and have none left. They can't retract an acceptance so they can accept you. Hence, even if you had scored higher than those who were accepted, you may get rejected by then.

is it true????

Unregistered 30-12-2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93381)
I heard that Admission roughly works like this, your application is sent to the first choice faculty, if you get rejected, it gets passed to second faculty, then to the third etc etc until a faculty accepts you. But lets say that by the time your application has reached the 'realistic' faculty of your choice, they might have already filled up all slots. Or even worse, they might have sent out acceptance offers and have none left. They can't retract an acceptance so they can accept you. Hence, even if you had scored higher than those who were accepted, you may get rejected by then.

is it true????

asking same question in different ways, in different forums.
Why don't you write the answer that you want to see. It will be easier for others then.

Natalie655 26-02-2019 01:54 AM

correct

__________________________________________________ ____________________
"I make a pretty decent living by gambling on sports (with insider news of course)

Unregistered 26-02-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natalie655 (Post 114150)
correct

__________________________________________________ ____________________
"I make a pretty decent living by gambling on sports (with insider news of course)

Natalie, I would like to know your a/s/l .
Thank you.