Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Education and Personal Growth (https://forums.salary.sg/education-personal-growth/)
-   -   am i late in life? (https://forums.salary.sg/education-personal-growth/5103-am-i-late-life.html)

MSIE 17-03-2015 01:12 AM

am i late in life?

Hi everyone!

Currently i am 24 year old and have no working experience in the society. I am thinking to upgrade myself and get a degree in IT asap.

I am planning to enrol into SIM (a 3 years full time course) this year.

I have also noticed i can choose to work full time and do part time degree. But after checking the available courses in SIM, most of the courses are basic degree with no honours.

Thats why i plan to take up full time degree.

My GPA in polytechnic is good enough to go to local university. But after reviewing the modules taught and the difficulty. I have decided to go enrol into SIM instead.

Unregistered 17-03-2015 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSIE (Post 64235)
Hi everyone!

Currently i am 24 year old and have no working experience in the society. I am thinking to upgrade myself and get a degree in IT asap.

I have also noticed i can choose to work full time and do part time degree. But after checking the available courses in SIM, most of the courses are basic degree with no honours.

My GPA in polytechnic is good enough to go to local university. But after reviewing the modules taught and the difficulty. I have decided to go enrol into SIM instead.

If you can get into local U, I would suggest that you enrol there. There is a difference in the quality of education between local U and UniSIM / SIM. In addition, local UNi degrees are recognised. The SIM ones are not as recognised.

Puff 17-03-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSIE (Post 64235)
Hi everyone!

I will advise you to enroll into a local university as well. Considering that your poly GPA is sufficient to enter one, I am assuming your academic abilities cannot be that bad. So do not worry about what ifs, and start your degree asap. Degree from local universities are still better when looking for jobs locally and overseas. That is because of the high international ranking.

Unregistered 23-03-2015 02:41 AM

Dont be stupid. If u can get into local uni then go

Unregistered 24-03-2015 07:42 PM

Local uni easier to find jobs.
but I have a friend grad from Kaplan with Dublin marketing deg can get close to 4k in ncs.

Unregistered 27-03-2015 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unregistered (Post 64541)
local uni easier to find jobs.
But i have a friend grad from kaplan with dublin marketing deg can get close to 4k in ncs.

ncs... :) :) :)

Unregistered 27-03-2015 12:03 PM

The late LKY became PM at 35... so you're not late to achieve anything if you put your mind into it.