Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Education and Personal Growth (https://forums.salary.sg/education-personal-growth/)
-   -   Rejected by UniSIM (https://forums.salary.sg/education-personal-growth/3194-rejected-unisim.html)

AC2859 08-10-2013 07:28 PM

Rejected by UniSIM

received an email stating i hv been rejected by unisim.:(

applied for the accountancy prog, poly gpa is 2.8, abt 2+ years of experience. thought the admission interview went ok too.

anyone got rejected too? should i appeal? thought it was easy to enter...:confused:

Unregistered 08-10-2013 08:15 PM

Heard Accountancy, Business, Communications, Aerospace more difficult to enter

Unregistered 09-10-2013 12:01 AM

IT HAS BEGUN!

knew this would happen. Last year when Lee Hsien Loong announced that UniSIM will become a 'local uni', I expected that more people will apply and hence the entry requirements will become more and more stringent till it will eventually be just a tad bit easier to enter than NTU/NUS/SMU. Whoever got into unisim much earlier on should be damn happy because the value of their degree will be shooting skyward from now.

Whoever is vying to get into Unisim or considering unisim, better apply now, it will just get much harder and harder to get in from here on out. GOOD LUCK.

Unregistered 09-10-2013 01:11 AM

were you asked to submit essay stating your motivations for pursuing part time degree and acc prog? was told they are flex in admission and look at more than just grades, your (relevant) work experience, interview performance, motivations etc all taken into acct. they dun want ppl to drop out halfway after given the govt subsidy.

AC2859 10-10-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43591)
were you asked to submit essay stating your motivations for pursuing part time degree and acc prog? was told they are flex in admission and look at more than just grades, your (relevant) work experience, interview performance, motivations etc all taken into acct. they dun want ppl to drop out halfway after given the govt subsidy.

didn't le...requested by the uni? or prof? :confused:

thinking back, think i didn't answer well when the prof asked how i will juggle ft work and pt studies.:(

Unregistered 10-10-2013 01:54 PM

Lol don't blame them for being ruthless, MOE kor kor watching so cannot anyhow play play~

kelle 14-10-2013 01:31 PM

So it is difficult to enter unisim accountancy course? I'm planning to apply for the next intake..

Unregistered 14-10-2013 11:54 PM

Its still much much easier to enter than the 3 big local unis. Honestly, cant even enter unisim then just forget about studying la. You are not academically inclined. Dont force yourself. Just accept that you are not as smart. Try working, maybe you'll perform better there and get a degree another time down the line.

Unregistered 15-10-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43842)
Its still much much easier to enter than the 3 big local unis. Honestly, cant even enter unisim then just forget about studying la. You are not academically inclined. Dont force yourself. Just accept that you are not as smart. Try working, maybe you'll perform better there and get a degree another time down the line.

You know, its always comment like urs that spark people to start a fiery debate.

Why compare unisim to the 3 local unis. Its not the sim ge for fresh sch leavers.
People who apply there normally already have work experience wishing to upgrade.

Unregistered 15-10-2013 02:39 AM

Have you considered ACCA?