Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Education and Personal Growth (https://forums.salary.sg/education-personal-growth/)
-   -   Getting MBBS/MD in China and practise in USA/Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/education-personal-growth/2940-getting-mbbs-md-china-practise-usa-singapore.html)

ravonboy 25-07-2013 12:43 PM

Getting MBBS/MD in China and practise in USA/Singapore?

FYI, i'll be graduating from NUS after 3 years. I have a mind to become to study MBBS/MD in China and practise overseas, preferably in Singapore. However, the Singapore Medical Council requires doctors educated in China to have at least a MD. A MD in China is 8 years, so that's a huge investment. Is it better to settle for a MBBS (6 years) and take USMLE to practise in USA?

Anyone knowledgeable about this niche route? Please do share your opinions.

Unregistered 25-07-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravonboy (Post 40329)
FYI, i'll be graduating from NUS after 3 years. I have a mind to become to study MBBS/MD in China and practise overseas, preferably in Singapore. However, the Singapore Medical Council requires doctors educated in China to have at least a MD. A MD in China is 8 years, so that's a huge investment. Is it better to settle for a MBBS (6 years) and take USMLE to practise in USA?

Anyone knowledgeable about this niche route? Please do share your opinions.

Why not quit NUS and then -3 +8 = 5 < 6 years for MD?

ravonboy 25-07-2013 07:53 PM

NUS degree is a safety net. And the degree (Computer Science) I'm studying for is in high demand, although the financial remuneration may not scale as well as doctors'.

warning 25-07-2013 10:11 PM

one foot cannot stand on two boats.
make up your mind, young man.

Unregistered 26-07-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warning (Post 40362)
one foot cannot stand on two boats.
make up your mind, young man.

jeng jeng. Shifu has spoken.

Unregistered 26-07-2013 12:59 AM

To be honest, if you dont have the intelligence to get into medicine here in Singapore, you should just forget it. This is people's lives at stake, not just about making money. Not smart enough, don't dream so much.

warning 26-07-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40372)
To be honest, if you dont have the intelligence to get into medicine here in Singapore, you should just forget it.

I'm not so concerned about him not being able to enter the local med school. heck, go to any hospital in singapore and you'll see tons of doctors from foreign med schools.

What I'm more concerned about is a doctor who is in it just for the financial remuneration. And a doctor who thinks he needs a computer science degree as a safety net.

yuyyder 03-09-2013 08:33 PM

how is this ?

Unregistered 05-01-2015 06:03 PM

Recruit MBBS CHINA

I do admission for Zhengzhou University and Tongji Medical College. You can choose and then let me know which University you want to apply for. Do not hesitate to contact me for more information. I can send you all documents by e-mail if you're interested to apply. I have all fees and everything. You can e-mail me on recruitmbbs(at)outlook.com

Regards,
Dr. Selvon

Unregistered 06-01-2015 12:12 AM

It's a sad day for the medical profession..Young man, u should go join and work for the best investment bank with your computer science degree...Please dnt enter the medicine profession unless u hv the heart to save lives!

Likewise in future if u wan to serve the society, truly work for your fellow citizens...for the betterment of their lives...join e govt...This is what happens when we priorities growth at all cost...we forgot about the basic human nature of caring for each other...the sharing..the helping of fellow brothers in need...our society is very sick...very very sick...everyone only interested to make the most money in the fastest timeframe...n join the WIM...Real sad...whatever our forefathers builds over so many years...WILL BE DESTROYED BY US all in time to come...

For those for r able...please save yourself..migrate if possible otherwise...better not to have any children unless u r sure u can groom them up to be useful person for the society!