Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Education and Personal Growth (https://forums.salary.sg/education-personal-growth/)
-   -   Sport science further in singapore (https://forums.salary.sg/education-personal-growth/1446-sport-science-further-singapore.html)

Homeostasis 27-07-2011 09:35 PM

Sport science further in singapore

hi everyone~

currently i'm thinking of pursuing a degree in Sport Science from UWA from PSB. i hope to work in the sport medicine field next time or as a sport trainer in those sport medicine clinic in hospital.

currently only 3 unis offer sport science degree. one is PSB, one is SMa and one is NTU. i know that this field is rather small in sg although they are going to have this sport hub and have organized the YOG etc but more and more ppl are aware of the benefits of exercising so i believe, this field, at least wun go downhill. i dun expect it to bloom big either. and also, FT are not interested in this field (cross finger)

anyone working in exercise or sports science field or currently studying it?
is it possible to earn at least $2.5k in this field?

feel free to give any comment. thanks everyone~ :)

Unregistered 28-07-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeostasis (Post 14743)
and also, FT are not interested in this field (cross finger)

you must be joking. so many angmoh FT in this field now.

Homeostasis 28-07-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 14750)
you must be joking. so many angmoh FT in this field now.

true true...i notice at SSC, got a few angmohs FT. but as compare to other field, sport science consider low already.

btw, the thread name should be sport science 'future', and not 'further'. sorry for the typo.

Unregistered 28-07-2011 10:52 AM

when the angmohs come in, they will hire angmohs in the senior positions and locals will be relegated to menial support roles. seen this in banks and other places. good luck.

Unregistered 30-07-2011 09:28 PM

from ECU. more than $5k

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeostasis (Post 14743)
hi everyone~

currently i'm thinking of pursuing a degree in Sport Science from UWA from PSB. i hope to work in the sport medicine field next time or as a sport trainer in those sport medicine clinic in hospital.

currently only 3 unis offer sport science degree. one is PSB, one is SMa and one is NTU. i know that this field is rather small in sg although they are going to have this sport hub and have organized the YOG etc but more and more ppl are aware of the benefits of exercising so i believe, this field, at least wun go downhill. i dun expect it to bloom big either. and also, FT are not interested in this field (cross finger)

anyone working in exercise or sports science field or currently studying it?
is it possible to earn at least $2.5k in this field?

feel free to give any comment. thanks everyone~ :)

Homeostasis 31-07-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 14871)
from ECU. more than $5k

wah..tats much?!

r u working in this field?

Javin 19-07-2012 10:31 AM

Currently pursing an ECU exercise and sport science degree. Any job opprtunities in sg? Doesn't matter high salary or low, as long as there is job to work on it.

Unregistered 19-07-2012 07:07 PM

i grad from Loughborough, which is the top UK university for sports science. Currently working as a MCYS as a deputy director.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 14871)
from ECU. more than $5k

Unregistered 19-07-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26782)
i grad from Loughborough, which is the top UK university for sports science. Currently working as a MCYS as a deputy director.

What's there to hao lian? How many proper jobs are there for sports science graduates?

Unregistered 19-07-2012 11:32 PM

runksp thecetreso 26

pointless degree. don't do it.