Dilemma : advice on which option to choose - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Education and Personal Growth

Education and Personal Growth Schools, further studies, getting ready for employment, and motivation stuff




Dilemma : advice on which option to choose

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2021, 02:41 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 15
johnng97@outlook.com is on a distinguished road
Post Dilemma : advice on which option to choose

Hello, I need an advise.

I have been offered IT intern role by 3 different companies for 4.5 months: GovTech, Munich Re and Accenture. But I am unsure on which offer to accept. Should i work in GovTech or one of the above MNC?

Monthly stipend wise, govtech is paying me almost more than double of what both the mnc's has to offer and is fully work from home. (my spending habit is that i am rather conservative)

accenture is only paying a 100$ more than what munich re is offering tho. Both are about less than or equal to half of what govtech is offering.

Workload wise munich re might be slightly relaxed compared to govtech and accenture but is partially occasionally work from home - might need to go onsite twice a week.

Accenture on the other hand can't confirm yet if its onsite or wfh.

Any advice on which company should I choose. Is the mnc branding name important for future prospects? I know that the government agency names in SG are always changing few years down the road lol. Which one would you all recommend me to choose? Really in a dilemma. Pls advice. Thanks

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2021, 03:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello, I need an advise.

I have been offered IT intern role by 3 different companies for 4.5 months: GovTech, Munich Re and Accenture. But I am unsure on which offer to accept. Should i work in GovTech or one of the above MNC?

Monthly stipend wise, govtech is paying me almost more than double of what both the mnc's has to offer and is fully work from home. (my spending habit is that i am rather conservative)

accenture is only paying a 100$ more than what munich re is offering tho. Both are about less than or equal to half of what govtech is offering.

Workload wise munich re might be slightly relaxed compared to govtech and accenture but is partially occasionally work from home - might need to go onsite twice a week.

Accenture on the other hand can't confirm yet if its onsite or wfh.

Any advice on which company should I choose. Is the mnc branding name important for future prospects? I know that the government agency names in SG are always changing few years down the road lol. Which one would you all recommend me to choose? Really in a dilemma. Pls advice. Thanks
Govtech.
Since its already paying you the most. Why are you considering the other?
And its good you have the govtech brand name later you can apply for govtech since you already internship with them.

Accenture? Anyone also can apply for Accenture this days. In the past, way past, Accenture was one of the brand name fhad alot of Indian scholars go for. But ever since govtech appeared. On news. With covid. Trace together. Even their office...

Govtech hands down win.

You can almost say govtech spoil Market.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2021, 03:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Boh liao lah intern still want to talk about pay for what? Just go for the biggest brand name.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2021, 03:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Boh liao lah intern still want to talk about pay for what? Just go for the biggest brand name.
He student la. He want people advise which brand name is the big one...

Honestly I never heard of Munich re.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2021, 03:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
He student la. He want people advise which brand name is the big one...

Honestly I never heard of Munich re.
If purely talking about company brand name I can assure you Munich Re and Accenture are leagues above GovTech.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2021, 04:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If purely talking about company brand name I can assure you Munich Re and Accenture are leagues above GovTech.
My friend from Accenture. Moved to ncs. Then now govtech.
She say govtech alot of work to do. But also highest paid now. And that her job got meaning.

The other feels like he just doing something cause paid to do it.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2021, 04:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My friend from Accenture. Moved to ncs. Then now govtech.
She say govtech alot of work to do. But also highest paid now. And that her job got meaning.

The other feels like he just doing something cause paid to do it.
She jump twice of course pay higher than before lah, then you expect her salary to remain flat or drop after every jump?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2021, 04:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
She jump twice of course pay higher than before lah, then you expect her salary to remain flat or drop after every jump?
Point is.
What's the use a of a brand name like Accenture if it offers the lowest pay and people also quit in search of a higher pay regardless of the brand...

Brand only important in the first few job..

After a while, you just hop across branded company. Cause one brand opens you up to another brand.
And you just collect them all in your resume.

So just choose the highest paid for your internship. Period.
Nobody takes your internship company seriously.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2021, 04:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Point is.
What's the use a of a brand name like Accenture if it offers the lowest pay and people also quit in search of a higher pay regardless of the brand...

Brand only important in the first few job..

After a while, you just hop across branded company. Cause one brand opens you up to another brand.
And you just collect them all in your resume.

So just choose the highest paid for your internship. Period.
Nobody takes your internship company seriously.
So you would take a 2k internship at some SME vs a 1k one at a brand name like Unilever?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2021, 04:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So you would take a 2k internship at some SME vs a 1k one at a brand name like Unilever?
Yes. Cause 2k * 4.5 = 9000 over 4500.
In the longevity of working life (50 years) nobody is going to care where you intern for 4.5 months.

Why? Cause I ask my colleagues where they intern.
Some even tell me their degree doesn't have internship. Or they never opt for inter ship.

And another thing I learn also alot of people also just hide their past unglam sme work experience. And just highlight that they work in ncs for 10 years. Never mind that 5 years they job hop many sme... And that's important enough liao.

Role
Desifnarion
Current pay.
Brand name is last
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dilemma - advice needed [email protected] Education and Personal Growth 4 11-05-2021 11:28 PM
Dilemma - advice needed [email protected] Income and Jobs 0 12-03-2021 02:34 PM
Dilemma whether to move to new job,need advice hellflame Income and Jobs 3 24-02-2015 10:52 PM
need advice... in a dilemma tgb Income and Jobs 5 14-06-2013 11:06 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Htx
9 Replies, 515 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,161 Replies, 1,368,025 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,294 Replies, 4,795,170 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
570 Replies, 455,657 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
802 Replies, 217,153 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
407 Replies, 394,807 Views
Chinese backed tech company WLB in... ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 816 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,385 Replies, 601,398 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,140 Replies, 1,713,729 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,842 Replies, 966,117 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,941 Replies, 1,798,891 Views
Career Switch To Be A Teacher ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 2,587 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,031 Replies, 261,649 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
137 Replies, 40,599 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,068 Replies, 2,564,239 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,183 Replies, 2,581,538 Views
Jobless for a long long time ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
107 Replies, 4,491 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,865 Replies, 1,450,798 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
244 Replies, 105,222 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
517 Replies, 293,703 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,100 Replies, 546,712 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,874 Replies, 625,187 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,712 Replies, 7,462,121 Views
architecture graduate - go hdb or...
3 Replies, 1,404 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 19,863 Views
Grab Finance Graduate Programme... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,733 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,772 Replies, 4,406,424 Views
MOM(ACE) offers good career... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 11,942 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2