Dillema: University of Melbourne vs SIM UOL - Page 3 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Education and Personal Growth

Education and Personal Growth Schools, further studies, getting ready for employment, and motivation stuff




Dillema: University of Melbourne vs SIM UOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 23-02-2021, 12:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unimelb perceived low quality in Singapore? Really? I see linkedin profiles they are not doing too bad.

Why does that perception exist?
In Singapore, UOL rep over Unimelb. UK > AU

Plenty of UOL alum in banking if that is where you wanna go.

Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 23-02-2021, 01:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unimelb perceived low quality in Singapore? Really? I see linkedin profiles they are not doing too bad.

Why does that perception exist?
Lack of brand name.
Unimel = hobart university = alice spring uni = darwin uni

To the average singaporean, any aussie universities is regarded as the same.

Just like the australians wont care whether it is smu/nus/ntu/sutd/suss

Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 23-02-2021, 10:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lack of brand name.
Unimel = hobart university = alice spring uni = darwin uni

To the average singaporean, any aussie universities is regarded as the same.

Just like the australians wont care whether it is smu/nus/ntu/sutd/suss
Not true, even in GO8 there are tiers. Top 3 are Melbourne, Sydney and ANU. Second tier UNSW and Monash. Last tier UQ, Adelaide and UWA.

Outside of GO8, best to save your money and do private degree.

There is a reason why majority of Singaporeans who study in aussie choose to do so at Melbourne.

Australia situation is very different. They don't care about SG degrees because very few aussies study in our local unis, therefore no recognition. It's not because NUS/NTU are not seen up to par, or vice versa.

Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 23-02-2021, 10:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not true, even in GO8 there are tiers. Top 3 are Melbourne, Sydney and ANU. Second tier UNSW and Monash. Last tier UQ, Adelaide and UWA.

Outside of GO8, best to save your money and do private degree.

There is a reason why majority of Singaporeans who study in aussie choose to do so at Melbourne.

Australia situation is very different. They don't care about SG degrees because very few aussies study in our local unis, therefore no recognition. It's not because NUS/NTU are not seen up to par, or vice versa.
Sorry to burst your bubble, a sinkie that studied in an aussie uni even anu is regarded as someone whose parents are rich but didnt do well in poly or a levels, hence couldnt make it to sinkie uni.

Because sinkie use a level results cut off to judge how good a uni is.

There is no doubt that aussie unis cut off is far below nus/ntu

Few unis are more selective than sinkie unis for sinkie

Exceptions are really just your standard hypsm + oxbridge

But a caucasian aussie that studied in aussie will regarded as amdk and be well respected, however a local sinkie that studied aussie may not
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 23-02-2021, 02:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, a sinkie that studied in an aussie uni even anu is regarded as someone whose parents are rich but didnt do well in poly or a levels, hence couldnt make it to sinkie uni.

Because sinkie use a level results cut off to judge how good a uni is.

There is no doubt that aussie unis cut off is far below nus/ntu

Few unis are more selective than sinkie unis for sinkie

Exceptions are really just your standard hypsm + oxbridge

But a caucasian aussie that studied in aussie will regarded as amdk and be well respected, however a local sinkie that studied aussie may not
Business course at Melbourne cut off for sinkie a levels is ABB. Higher than NTU and SMU. Lol.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 23-02-2021, 02:22 PM
Phil jones
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Business course at Melbourne cut off for sinkie a levels is ABB. Higher than NTU and SMU. Lol.
Pay International student fee even BCC also can get on, you stupid or what?
Reply With Quote

  #27 (permalink)  
Old 23-02-2021, 03:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil jones View Post
Pay International student fee even BCC also can get on, you stupid or what?
BCC for arts course.

I see your prestigious local unis are so prestigious to you, not because they are objectively difficult to enter, but because or your severe down syndrome.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 23-02-2021, 03:18 PM
phil jones
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
BCC for arts course.

I see your prestigious local unis are so prestigious to you, not because they are objectively difficult to enter, but because or your severe down syndrome.
Too bad for you, have fun applying for jobs in Singapore with your lower than SIM Melborn degree
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 23-02-2021, 04:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil jones View Post
Too bad for you, have fun applying for jobs in Singapore with your lower than SIM Melborn degree
What is Melborn?
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 23-02-2021, 05:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil jones View Post
Too bad for you, have fun applying for jobs in Singapore with your lower than SIM Melborn degree
Lol. Are you one of those sims who believe their uol degree to be better than top aussie unis? Lol please say you are, cant wait to abuse you
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Freehold Apartment in Collins Street, Most Premium Location in Melbourne newsgprop Market Talk 1 06-04-2015 11:41 AM
Green Square @ Melbourne with 2 bedroom Fr A5xxK Lightslash General Discussions 0 17-05-2014 10:19 PM
The Altus at Australia Melbourne FloorPlan and Ebrochure (Free Download) Lightslash Marketplace and Find Work 0 05-02-2014 11:09 PM
The Altus @ Australia Melbourne Docklands Lightslash Marketplace and Find Work 2 11-12-2013 08:57 PM
Monash university (clayton) OR University of melbourne? garpy Education and Personal Growth 3 23-07-2011 01:35 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 120,280 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,593 Replies, 9,239,423 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,431 Replies, 6,717,054 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,983 Replies, 898,552 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
959 Replies, 601,469 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,816 Replies, 3,665,273 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 82,420 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,698 Replies, 2,615,096 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
239 Replies, 265,489 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,261 Replies, 1,054,523 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,081 Replies, 2,003,403 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
90 Replies, 33,669 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
503 Replies, 261,459 Views
crypto trading tech roles
9 Replies, 2,020 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,400 Replies, 2,400,202 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 4,024 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,210 Replies, 925,568 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,193 Replies, 548,495 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,359 Replies, 293,389 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
486 Replies, 447,044 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,650 Replies, 3,193,383 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 117,281 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
138 Replies, 138,957 Views
DBS BANK Interview replies ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
433 Replies, 334,253 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,272 Replies, 923,869 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,400 Replies, 653,532 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
994 Replies, 218,746 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,038 Replies, 672,983 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
345 Replies, 239,109 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
525 Replies, 189,935 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2