Dillema: University of Melbourne vs SIM UOL - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Education and Personal Growth

Education and Personal Growth Schools, further studies, getting ready for employment, and motivation stuff




Dillema: University of Melbourne vs SIM UOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 30-01-2021, 12:45 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4
Nubhuman_Sigger is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
the workplace today requires skill in navigating human relationships. most people just stumble here as we have neither learned it nor experienced it
Lol. You want me spit in ur face?

Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 30-01-2021, 03:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How is it not true? Australian unis are not well regarded by employers in SG. This is no secret.



I would actually argue the opposite, that UOL has superior branding to Melbourne. General rule of thumb is UK uni > Australian uni.
If one did by distance learning uol, how is that prestige compare to a ussie direct learning.
direct is more superior ths distance learning. More comprehensive experience more connections. I.e.internTional level

Local distance learning further enhance the farm status. One which can't get into local uni farm status.

Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 30-01-2021, 03:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If one did by distance learning uol, how is that prestige compare to a ussie direct learning.
direct is more superior ths distance learning. More comprehensive experience more connections. I.e.internTional level

Local distance learning further enhance the farm status. One which can't get into local uni farm status.
The name of the university matters more. University of London > Melbourne.

Birmingham university > Melbourne

Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 30-01-2021, 04:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Damn obvious this guy is a troll. Look at the join date.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 31-01-2021, 01:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The name of the university matters more. University of London > Melbourne.

Birmingham university > Melbourne
Troll spotted.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 31-01-2021, 01:43 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Damn obvious this guy is a troll. Look at the join date.

Ya sia, wasting everyone's time.
Reply With Quote

  #17 (permalink)  
Old 20-02-2021, 11:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Unimelb or SMU business course? Unimelb ranked higher on almost every metric but easier to get in (36 IB guaranteed entry). How is this possible?

Thnks
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 21-02-2021, 09:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unimelb or SMU business course? Unimelb ranked higher on almost every metric but easier to get in (36 IB guaranteed entry). How is this possible?

Thnks
SMU in Singapore will be better regarded, however everywhere outside of Singapore there is no doubt Unimelb is the more established institution.

Depends on where you wanna work?
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 21-02-2021, 10:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unimelb or SMU business course? Unimelb ranked higher on almost every metric but easier to get in (36 IB guaranteed entry). How is this possible?

Thnks
U go Melbourne you full fee paying.
U go smu, you are a subsidised sinkie.

As the saying goes, money is king. The aussie univs needs your cash
For eg very hard to get to nus medicine or smu law but walk in the park for aussie unis.

As such employer knows, the calibre of sinkie locals that graduated from local univs vs local sinkie that grad from aussie

However, for a native aussie, it is hard to get in, as they are subsidised.
Smu or nus is virtually unheard of in aussie, umel is perceived as low quality in singapore.

So it depends where u want to work next time
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 21-02-2021, 10:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
U go Melbourne you full fee paying.
U go smu, you are a subsidised sinkie.

As the saying goes, money is king. The aussie univs needs your cash
For eg very hard to get to nus medicine or smu law but walk in the park for aussie unis.

As such employer knows, the calibre of sinkie locals that graduated from local univs vs local sinkie that grad from aussie

However, for a native aussie, it is hard to get in, as they are subsidised.
Smu or nus is virtually unheard of in aussie, umel is perceived as low quality in singapore.

So it depends where u want to work next time
Unimelb perceived low quality in Singapore? Really? I see linkedin profiles they are not doing too bad.

Why does that perception exist?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Freehold Apartment in Collins Street, Most Premium Location in Melbourne newsgprop Market Talk 1 06-04-2015 11:41 AM
Green Square @ Melbourne with 2 bedroom Fr A5xxK Lightslash General Discussions 0 17-05-2014 10:19 PM
The Altus at Australia Melbourne FloorPlan and Ebrochure (Free Download) Lightslash Marketplace and Find Work 0 05-02-2014 11:09 PM
The Altus @ Australia Melbourne Docklands Lightslash Marketplace and Find Work 2 11-12-2013 08:57 PM
Monash university (clayton) OR University of melbourne? garpy Education and Personal Growth 3 23-07-2011 01:35 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,401 Replies, 653,794 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
960 Replies, 601,587 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 120,389 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,593 Replies, 9,240,019 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,431 Replies, 6,717,473 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,983 Replies, 898,629 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,816 Replies, 3,665,494 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 82,440 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,698 Replies, 2,615,243 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
239 Replies, 265,541 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,261 Replies, 1,054,608 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,081 Replies, 2,003,540 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
90 Replies, 33,711 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
503 Replies, 261,554 Views
crypto trading tech roles
9 Replies, 2,025 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,400 Replies, 2,400,513 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 4,059 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,210 Replies, 925,646 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,193 Replies, 548,607 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,359 Replies, 293,414 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
486 Replies, 447,077 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,650 Replies, 3,193,539 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 117,283 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
138 Replies, 139,008 Views
DBS BANK Interview replies ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
433 Replies, 334,267 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,272 Replies, 923,990 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
994 Replies, 218,783 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,038 Replies, 673,084 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
345 Replies, 239,199 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
525 Replies, 189,984 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2