Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   CPF (Central Provident Fund) (https://forums.salary.sg/cpf-central-provident-fund/)
-   -   How much CPF do u have? (https://forums.salary.sg/cpf-central-provident-fund/2800-how-much-central-provident-fund-do-u-have.html)

Unregistered 21-06-2021 07:23 AM

Sound like you are not a contented person and paranoid by those insurance experts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 172810)
In my late 40s.
OA: 315k
SA: 246k
MA: 62k
Co-own a 5 rm hdb flat and utilise some CPF funds for insurance investment in my youth.
Feeling a bit worried about retirement as I have not even hit a million in cash savings or own a second property.
Think my monthly expenses too high. Any advice?

Unregistered 21-06-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173727)
How old are you? I feel very stress when ppl tell me I am going to be a beggar in old age. They say we need 3 million for retirement. To live in comfort.

I am 54, my wife 53.

Sold away FH inter-interrace. Got a 999-yr condo under my wife's name. Loan for 3 yrs as interest rate is lower than CPF OA rate. Will fully settle after that.

I have about $1.1M in OA and SA. I have some savings from insurance. I don't think I got much, about $250k if I surrender. My wife about the same.

My wife and I have about another about $1m in liquid assets - stocks and cash.

We are very tired after working for 30+ yrs. Kids are in their 20s and finishing their local tertiary education. Looking to retire in 2-3 yrs time.

I do not believe I am well off. I would say comfortable.

Unregistered 21-06-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174978)
I am 54, my wife 53.

Sold away FH inter-interrace. Got a 999-yr condo under my wife's name. Loan for 3 yrs as interest rate is lower than CPF OA rate. Will fully settle after that.

I have about $1.1M in OA and SA. I have some savings from insurance. I don't think I got much, about $250k if I surrender. My wife about the same.

My wife and I have about another about $1m in liquid assets - stocks and cash.

We are very tired after working for 30+ yrs. Kids are in their 20s and finishing their local tertiary education. Looking to retire in 2-3 yrs time.

I do not believe I am well off. I would say comfortable.

Mind sharing the industry / position that you and your wife are currently in/holding?

Unregistered 21-06-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174981)
Mind sharing the industry / position that you and your wife are currently in/holding?

Both of us are in the IT.

Unregistered 27-06-2021 05:01 PM

How is it possible to have 1 mill in OA ? Is there like investment you guys did to increase the savings in your cpf OA ?

Unregistered 28-06-2021 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175733)
How is it possible to have 1 mill in OA ? Is there like investment you guys did to increase the savings in your cpf OA ?

I have 806k in OA and 200K in SA.

Unregistered 28-06-2021 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175826)
I have 806k in OA and 200K in SA.

How old are you ? And if u actively re-Invest ur OA ? And if the house had been fully paid off ? I suppose is via cash since u have OA balance.

Cos once you hit the cap for Employer/Employee contribution , your OA will only be going up a steady rate excluding the interest u can earn .

Unregistered 28-06-2021 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175865)
How old are you ? And if u actively re-Invest ur OA ? And if the house had been fully paid off ? I suppose is via cash since u have OA balance.

Cos once you hit the cap for Employer/Employee contribution , your OA will only be going up a steady rate excluding the interest u can earn .

I am the one that posted #32.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175733)

Not OP but there’s a pretty active discussion on the steps you can take to achieve this. Just google 1M65.