Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   CPF (Central Provident Fund) (https://forums.salary.sg/cpf-central-provident-fund/)
-   -   How much CPF do u have? (https://forums.salary.sg/cpf-central-provident-fund/2800-how-much-central-provident-fund-do-u-have.html)

Unregistered 21-06-2021 07:23 AM

Sound like you are not a contented person and paranoid by those insurance experts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 172810)
In my late 40s.
OA: 315k
SA: 246k
MA: 62k
Co-own a 5 rm hdb flat and utilise some CPF funds for insurance investment in my youth.
Feeling a bit worried about retirement as I have not even hit a million in cash savings or own a second property.
Think my monthly expenses too high. Any advice?

Unregistered 21-06-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173727)
How old are you? I feel very stress when ppl tell me I am going to be a beggar in old age. They say we need 3 million for retirement. To live in comfort.

I am 54, my wife 53.

Sold away FH inter-interrace. Got a 999-yr condo under my wife's name. Loan for 3 yrs as interest rate is lower than CPF OA rate. Will fully settle after that.

I have about $1.1M in OA and SA. I have some savings from insurance. I don't think I got much, about $250k if I surrender. My wife about the same.

My wife and I have about another about $1m in liquid assets - stocks and cash.

We are very tired after working for 30+ yrs. Kids are in their 20s and finishing their local tertiary education. Looking to retire in 2-3 yrs time.

I do not believe I am well off. I would say comfortable.

Unregistered 21-06-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174978)
I am 54, my wife 53.

Sold away FH inter-interrace. Got a 999-yr condo under my wife's name. Loan for 3 yrs as interest rate is lower than CPF OA rate. Will fully settle after that.

I have about $1.1M in OA and SA. I have some savings from insurance. I don't think I got much, about $250k if I surrender. My wife about the same.

My wife and I have about another about $1m in liquid assets - stocks and cash.

We are very tired after working for 30+ yrs. Kids are in their 20s and finishing their local tertiary education. Looking to retire in 2-3 yrs time.

I do not believe I am well off. I would say comfortable.

Mind sharing the industry / position that you and your wife are currently in/holding?

Unregistered 21-06-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174981)
Mind sharing the industry / position that you and your wife are currently in/holding?

Both of us are in the IT.

Unregistered 27-06-2021 05:01 PM

How is it possible to have 1 mill in OA ? Is there like investment you guys did to increase the savings in your cpf OA ?

Unregistered 28-06-2021 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175733)
How is it possible to have 1 mill in OA ? Is there like investment you guys did to increase the savings in your cpf OA ?

I have 806k in OA and 200K in SA.

Unregistered 28-06-2021 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175826)
I have 806k in OA and 200K in SA.

How old are you ? And if u actively re-Invest ur OA ? And if the house had been fully paid off ? I suppose is via cash since u have OA balance.

Cos once you hit the cap for Employer/Employee contribution , your OA will only be going up a steady rate excluding the interest u can earn .

Unregistered 28-06-2021 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175865)
How old are you ? And if u actively re-Invest ur OA ? And if the house had been fully paid off ? I suppose is via cash since u have OA balance.

Cos once you hit the cap for Employer/Employee contribution , your OA will only be going up a steady rate excluding the interest u can earn .

I am the one that posted #32.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175733)

Not OP but there’s a pretty active discussion on the steps you can take to achieve this. Just google 1M65.

Unregistered 30-09-2021 09:42 PM

Cpf top up for tax reduction

Hi asking all the expert here, what is exactly the max cpf we can top up for tax reduction? What if CPF contribution is already at the 37k yearly limit, does that mean I can’t top up cpf and won’t get any tax benefit?