Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 25-10-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187479)
I got 7+ years relevant working experience, got offer rank G, 5.8k, technical roles, is this salary lowballed?

Any comment?

Technical role?, offered AIE/IE?

What exp do you have in the past 7 years? do you have cloud exp?

Unregistered 25-10-2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187895)
What was your class of honours?

There was an adjustment of "UP TO 30%" in FY20 for Grade D, E & F to get more freshies to join GT due to starting pay.

Cyber and SWE get the most adjustment as GT are fighting against the private sector. Due to the above, there's some grumbling for Grade >G and a high attrition rate.

hence it was announced a pay review next year but unlikely the lower D, E, F will get a lot of adjustment as the lower grade are unable to take on the >G responsibilities and also competency-based. You can argue but certain stuff still requires years of on the job experience...[/QUOTE]

May be this time also only Associate level get adjustment? They only take care fresh grad and force more senior resign.

Unregistered 25-10-2021 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187915)
There was an adjustment of "UP TO 30%" in FY20 for Grade D, E & F to get more freshies to join GT due to starting pay.

Cyber and SWE get the most adjustment as GT are fighting against the private sector. Due to the above, there's some grumbling for Grade >G and a high attrition rate.

hence it was announced a pay review next year but unlikely the lower D, E, F will get a lot of adjustment as the lower grade are unable to take on the >G responsibilities and also competency-based. You can argue but certain stuff still requires years of on the job experience...

May be this time also only Associate level get adjustment? They only take care fresh grad and force more senior resign.[/QUOTE]

Most ppl in tech sector don’t stay beyond 3 to 4 years anyway. I’m sure those seniors in Grade G can look for new roles and secure better offers.

Unregistered 25-10-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187917)
May be this time also only Associate level get adjustment? They only take care fresh grad and force more senior resign.

Most ppl in tech sector don’t stay beyond 3 to 4 years anyway. I’m sure those seniors in Grade G can look for new roles and secure better offers.[/QUOTE]

I think this time confirm focused on seniors, because my RO told me there is a **big vacuum** as those seniors got poached and went on to MNC especially AWS and Microsoft.

Unregistered 26-10-2021 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187918)
Most ppl in tech sector don’t stay beyond 3 to 4 years anyway. I’m sure those seniors in Grade G can look for new roles and secure better offers.

I think this time confirm focused on seniors, because my RO told me there is a **big vacuum** as those seniors got poached and went on to MNC especially AWS and Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

Imagine freshie getting 5.1 and somebody at G with 7 years getting 5.8 Who wouldn’t jump?

Unregistered 26-10-2021 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188059)
I think this time confirm focused on seniors, because my RO told me there is a **big vacuum** as those seniors got poached and went on to MNC especially AWS and Microsoft.

Imagine freshie getting 5.1 and somebody at G with 7 years getting 5.8 Who wouldn’t jump?[/QUOTE]

There are also Grade Gs earning 7+. Each grade range is quite huge

Unregistered 26-10-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188060)
Imagine freshie getting 5.1 and somebody at G with 7 years getting 5.8 Who wouldn’t jump?

There are also Grade Gs earning 7+. Each grade range is quite huge[/QUOTE]

O_O why so huge?

Unregistered 26-10-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188060)

There are also Grade Gs earning 7+. Each grade range is quite huge[/QUOTE]

actually, GT look at overall, that doesn't mean 7 years = high pay

also, look at the competency too..

i can work 7 years never learn anything... the skillset might stay at fresh grad too...

i didn't mean the person that posted but in an analogy..

Unregistered 26-10-2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187479)
I got 7+ years relevant working experience, got offer rank G, 5.8k, technical roles, is this salary lowballed?

Any comment?

5.8K is bottom of the rank G range

Unregistered 26-10-2021 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187915)
there's some grumbling for Grade >G and a high attrition rate.

HQ or service center govtechie folks make noise?