Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   Certis Cisco (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/5627-certis-cisco.html)

Unregistered 31-10-2015 11:57 PM

TS what is the main reason you want to leave the current co?
If current problem not too bad better not anyhow hop around, current economy not good and jobs are getting hard to find.
Also you already work 4 years so unless really cannot take it no need to restart & join something which is more for fresh grad or 1-2 years work exp.
HR recruiters words take with a pinch of salt, they need to close the offer to meet internal kpi and will say anything as long as you sign.

bochng0001 01-11-2015 03:27 AM

Actually, I am pretty happy with my current job, it is very flexible (can work from home sometimes). It's just that I am looking for opportunities to grow, and progression seems to be pretty slow here. But colleagues and bosses are great so I am having a little bit of a dilemma (it's hard to get a boost in income without doing some form of job-hopping, no?)
My role is currently more of network presales/architect role...

Unregistered 01-11-2015 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bochng0001 (Post 74475)
Actually, I am pretty happy with my current job, it is very flexible (can work from home sometimes). It's just that I am looking for opportunities to grow, and progression seems to be pretty slow here. But colleagues and bosses are great so I am having a little bit of a dilemma (it's hard to get a boost in income without doing some form of job-hopping, no?)
My role is currently more of network presales/architect role...

i might be wrong, but u seem to be doing quite well, isnt it? just 4 yrs of work and u're in a presales/architect role. i believe the tenders u're working on are at least $1-10m in value? just stick ard, win more tenders, and you can easily jump to a bigger company with a higher title and pay. but u have to have more yrs of exp in this field (at least 5 years).

job-hopping is okay, but only to a higher role or relevant role with higher pay. why risk everything to join a fresh grad programme in certis cisco? just for a 20% pay increase(and i'm still doubting they will pay that much)? come on, that's really short-sighted.. do you really need that 20% increment now? or is it just to boost your ego? 4.7k is quite decent for just 4 yrs of exp, imho

bochng0001 01-11-2015 03:48 PM

Hm.. nowadays there are plenty of fresh grads already getting 4k plus, so I don't think I'm doing great to be honest, haha.
But what you said does make a lot of sense too. The talent programme is supposed to bring me to VP level by around 35 (with job rotations throughout and close correspondence with senior management), but there's always the risk of over promising by the HR. End of the day, I am just looking for opportunities to accelerate my career and if it comes with decent/more than decent pay, all the better.

I'm scheduled for an interview soon and i'm intending to go in with an open mind, but with so many caveats put up by you guys and from those I know, I suppose I will have to think a lot more carefully. Really appreciate all the advice so far.

Unregistered 01-11-2015 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bochng0001 (Post 74487)
Hm.. nowadays there are plenty of fresh grads already getting 4k plus, so I don't think I'm doing great to be honest, haha.
But what you said does make a lot of sense too. The talent programme is supposed to bring me to VP level by around 35 (with job rotations throughout and close correspondence with senior management), but there's always the risk of over promising by the HR. End of the day, I am just looking for opportunities to accelerate my career and if it comes with decent/more than decent pay, all the better.

I'm scheduled for an interview soon and i'm intending to go in with an open mind, but with so many caveats put up by you guys and from those I know, I suppose I will have to think a lot more carefully. Really appreciate all the advice so far.

i'm just curious why are they keen in u? paying close to 6k for someone to be part of a fresh grad prog is crazy and risky.. i think for ur interview, can ask them more about this prog. how many ppl are they taking in? what are the kind of candidates they want? why shortlist u when u have more exp and demand a higher pay? how long has this prog been running? if long time alr, where are the previous trainees now? if only recently, why is there a need for this prog? what kind of leaders do they hope to emerge from this? what kind of trainings are expected?

bochng0001 01-11-2015 04:50 PM

They are taking in only 2 candidates to prepare them for eventual C level jobs (or at least up to VP level). This programme is pretty new I think.. they told me of one person in this programme who went overseas to help develop one of the overseas offices, and came back after that to lead a department. I don't know how true that is but that's what I heard from HR.
Not sure why they are interested in me but they did say they would have to consider me differently from other fresh grads as I'm coming in with significant experience.
Training wise, not much discussed but there is frequent job rotation and mentorship from senior management.

Unregistered 01-04-2016 11:42 PM

Accounts Manager

Hi, does anyone have any idea on the expected salary of Accounts Manager for Certis Cisco? How is the environment like?

Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 02-04-2016 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82610)
Hi, does anyone have any idea on the expected salary of Accounts Manager for Certis Cisco? How is the environment like?

Thanks in advance!

Probably 8k+. Crappy bureaucratic old school environment with high turnover among younger staff.

Unregistered 03-04-2016 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82613)
Probably 8k+. Crappy bureaucratic old school environment with high turnover among younger staff.

8k+? you sure?

vasenta 07-04-2016 09:04 PM

How much does APO earn? Progression path?

Unregistered 13-04-2016 09:55 PM

Anyone had experience with the Sales Team? What's the salary prospects like?

vasenta 14-04-2016 07:58 AM

I used to know 3 persons working account manager ard 2006. They did not stay long claiming hard to work, biz slow. 1 of them moved to another startup secruity firm till now.

Unregistered 24-06-2016 07:47 AM

Anyone experience working in the six sigma department in Cisco?

Unregistered 02-09-2016 12:13 AM

Any reviews of their BD positions?

Unregistered 02-09-2016 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90075)
Any reviews of their BD positions?

Forever turnover & hiring. Most don't last beyond 1-2 years.

Unregistered 02-09-2016 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90076)
Forever turnover & hiring. Most don't last beyond 1-2 years.

bureaucratic...typical uniform group organisation....wayang all the way..

Unregistered 24-09-2016 07:32 PM

Certis Cisco is a **** company. Do not trust what the HR told you. Read the contract properly and do not sign blindly. What they said are all lies. They said they pay you $x but the actual pay is much lower. So, see the contract what is the basic pay. Do not sign blindly. The pay they offered is very poor and what they told you sound very good. In fact, you only realise you are in deep **** when they tied you down with course fee, long working hours, ludicrous bonus & increment and military regiment. Joining Certis Cisco is the start of a nightmare. My conclusion: Do NOT join Certis Cisco.

Unregistered 24-11-2016 07:31 AM

BA role?

Hi, what about the business analyst role at Certis? Dealing with M&A

What is the culture like and how is it different from MNCs?

Unregistered 18-01-2017 11:48 PM

How certis works

Whatever the job you apply for.

HR: Promise Promise Promise
Top mgmt: Practices much favoritism till it makes people want to leave.

Department Level: Next to 0 support and poor guidance. No proper protocols and many red tapes. Expected to know how to do things "as time goes by".

If you have excellent academic results, you WILL get favored. But most of them leave soon anyway as top management will over promise and individuals realize they could have achieved better prospects elsewhere in a real MNC.

If you have normal academic results, this job ain't for you UNLESS you manage to get into good books.

Extremely extremelyyyyy Autocratic, whatever the TOP says goes.
Try so much as to explain(with or without valid reasons) and you'll get verbally ****ed, literally infront of everyone and anyone. Unless you wear a skirt.

Unregistered 18-01-2017 11:55 PM

Certis is pretty much run like most other SMEs and GLCs. The only difference is their HR has a tendency of trying to sell the company like some sort of progressive global MNC making empty promises. Most people go in only to realise it's really just another local style SME and leave within a year. Occassionally they will parachute some high flyer from real MNCs to be Director/VP, but they come in see the mess shake head and leave after a while also.

Unregistered 03-02-2017 12:29 AM

Operations manager, planning

Hi guys,

I am called by Certis Cisco for the ops manager, planning interview.
Any reviews about the position and the unit?
Really baffled with regards to the scope and salary.

TIA

Unregistered 03-02-2017 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94235)
Hi guys,

TIA

Enough has been said about Certis and this ops manager ain't gonna be different. Their HR will try to BS you about how high level this position is, got how many subordinates report to you, how you will be groom for snr leadership etc, but nothing can change the fact you are really just an underpaid 3SG compare to SAF.

Taurus369 16-03-2017 10:42 PM

OM Job

Check around b4 you signed up....

Beware:

HR and Ops don't agree on most matters...
HR can promise the sky... Ops say... no such things available....

OM... prepare for concussion

HIGH turnover of subordinates... 100 join today same day 120 resign
HIGH absentism everyday all sites
HIGH standards required

LOW morale among existing staff
LOW pay, benefits coverage

LONG hours............12 hours.....
LONG wait for upgrading, courses attendance

QUICK to deduct allowances, pay

SLOW response to enquires regard to admin lapses, enquires

You still interested........ think 100xxxx first....

Unregistered 19-05-2017 06:30 AM

Quote:

Hi guys,

TIA

So did you take up the job?

Unregistered 04-07-2017 12:03 PM

They have a business unit canned Quann, previously known as e-cop.
Any feedback on this?

Also, comparing with Indian companies like HCL and Wipro, which is better?

Unregistered 12-10-2017 04:21 PM

Guys, how long will certis cisco HR take to inform me on the interview outcome? I went for interview a few weeks ago. Seems like forever for them to get back

Unregistered 14-10-2017 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100900)
Guys, how long will certis cisco HR take to inform me on the interview outcome? I went for interview a few weeks ago. Seems like forever for them to get back

They won't bother to get back. No reply = reject

Unregistered 07-11-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100900)

Have u got reply from them yet?

Unregistered 01-12-2017 03:42 AM

Quote:

Hi guys,

TIA

Certis Cisco is a ****ed up company!! Who ever work there before will also give you the same feedback. Dosen't matter which deprtmnt you are frm, its still ****ed up!! All ****ing ******** and drama over there!! Sooner or later some grp of ex certis will actually burn down the Certis HQ at Paya Lebar!! Its just SO ****ED UP!!!! _|_ to Certis Cisco!!!!!!!

Unregistered 06-06-2019 08:30 AM

saw this lodgings position listed recently..

wondering how is the job as it seems interesting on the JD description.

Unregistered 18-10-2021 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unregistered (Post 102637)
certis cisco is a ****ed up company!! Who ever work there before will also give you the same feedback. Dosen't matter which deprtmnt you are frm, its still ****ed up!! All ****ing ******** and drama over there!! Sooner or later some grp of ex certis will actually burn down the certis hq at paya lebar!! Its just so ****ed up!!!! _|_ to certis cisco!!!!!!!

certis move to 206 bedok south ave 1

Unregistered 19-10-2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98412)
They have a business unit canned Quann, previously known as e-cop.
Any feedback on this?

Also, comparing with Indian companies like HCL and Wipro, which is better?

Renamed from e-cop to quann to ensign. Changed name but **** stays the same.

racheltoh 15-03-2022 04:53 PM

Sorry for digging up an inactive thread.

I am interested to join Cisco or Aetos as an Unarmed APO but there is one thing that is holding me back and it is a very lame reason: when young my parents used to scare me about ghosts and now I grew up being scared of ghosts.

I understand that there are key installations that are manned by one APO. Even if it is not, the nature of the job requires one to man the guard house while the other does clocking / patrolling.

My question is are deployments and shifts randomly assigned or will my superiors be understandable that I am a coward who cannot work at certain places at night.

I know this is lame but there is no other job options for me.

Hantu tetek 15-03-2022 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racheltoh (Post 208252)

I am interested to join Cisco or Aetos as an Unarmed APO but there is one thing that is holding me back and it is a very lame reason: when young my parents used to scare me about ghosts and now I grew up being scared of ghosts.

I understand that there are key installations that are manned by one APO. Even if it is not, the nature of the job requires one to man the guard house while the other does clocking / patrolling.

My question is are deployments and shifts randomly assigned or will my superiors be understandable that I am a coward who cannot work at certain places at night.

I will let my friends know. Don't worry we are understanding and empathetic.

Unregistered 15-03-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racheltoh (Post 208252)

if you cant beat them, join them

racheltoh 15-03-2022 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hantu tetek (Post 208257)

Thank you.
My biggest fear is getting deployed alone at those ulu installations surrounded by forrests. Haha

Unregistered 15-03-2022 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racheltoh (Post 208289)
Thank you.
My biggest fear is getting deployed alone at those ulu installations surrounded by forrests. Haha

I think you stick to 8 to 5 office job better.

racheltoh 16-03-2022 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 208318)
I think you stick to 8 to 5 office job better.

I'm sure I would if I could find one.

Unregistered 16-03-2022 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hantu tetek (Post 208257)

what friends? ghostly friends ah???

Unregistered 16-03-2022 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 208469)
what friends? ghostly friends ah???

Of course talking about casper, casper is the OIC in charge.