Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   MOH (Ministry of Health) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/5503-ministry-health-singapore-ministry-health.html)

Unregistered 03-12-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102741)
I assume you're from private sector? You have to understand that most titles in civil service are inflated (some even with Assistant Director as entry level). For MOH, it's AM/M > SM > AD > SAD > DD > D. If you earn more than 5k with just 3 years of exp, you might have to take a pay cut if you join the service.

Hi thanks for that. Yes I am from private sector and not too familiar how the ministries work. Luckily for the contributions here, if not I would have wasted time applying for positions that are too low. I know a lot of companies out there inflate their titles, but didn't know it's that bad in the public sector. SM 4-6k is really stunning for me as my company's SM is paying 12-15k...

Having said that I know that pay is not everything and I am prepared to apply if the pay is similar or slight pay cut. I just need to know which rank I am suppose to be applying for, so now I know will need to apply for at least AD rank.

Unregistered 03-12-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102749)
Hi thanks for that. Yes I am from private sector and not too familiar how the ministries work. Luckily for the contributions here, if not I would have wasted time applying for positions that are too low. I know a lot of companies out there inflate their titles, but didn't know it's that bad in the public sector. SM 4-6k is really stunning for me as my company's SM is paying 12-15k...

Having said that I know that pay is not everything and I am prepared to apply if the pay is similar or slight pay cut. I just need to know which rank I am suppose to be applying for, so now I know will need to apply for at least AD rank.

A note of caution should you apply for AD: they might not consider you for that level due to your 3+ years of exp. If you check LinkedIn, most ADs have been in the system for 6-7 years (excluding high flyers/scholars). Hence you might only be suitable for Manager even though your pay is high. Of course ultimately it's how nuch they're paying you and not your title, but aa far as I know, Manager in MOH should be MX11 or MX12, maximum salary ~7k.

Unregistered 04-12-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102751)
A note of caution should you apply for AD: they might not consider you for that level due to your 3+ years of exp. If you check LinkedIn, most ADs have been in the system for 6-7 years (excluding high flyers/scholars). Hence you might only be suitable for Manager even though your pay is high. Of course ultimately it's how nuch they're paying you and not your title, but aa far as I know, Manager in MOH should be MX11 or MX12, maximum salary ~7k.

Agree mostly but just a quick correction for the pte sector guy that Manager in MOH definitely is not maximum of 7k. That is more likely the maximum of Senior Manager.

Unregistered 04-12-2017 04:21 PM

Hello, may I ask how's the working culture in MOH like? Are there many activities for staff and flexible working hours? How are the benefits like as sell?

Unregistered 06-12-2017 12:55 PM

Would like to share that I've been offered a Manager position with 5 years of working experience (4 years are relevant in public sector). Salary wise it's mid-4k, with an annual package conservatively estimated at 16 months. This should still be at MX12.

Unregistered 06-12-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102942)
Would like to share that I've been offered a Manager position with 5 years of working experience (4 years are relevant in public sector). Salary wise it's mid-4k, with an annual package conservatively estimated at 16 months. This should still be at MX12.

Yea standard MX12 package. But I don't think 16 months is conservative, more like a little bit high as the average past few years is about 15.5 months. For average performer total package is 15-16 months through economic cycle.

4.5k salary means HR apply a 50% discount to your experience, otherwise with your honours degree & 5 years work exp shouldn't end up getting only a MX12 manager package. Typical degree civil servant get promoted to MX12 after 1 year of service.

Unregistered 06-12-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102948)
Yea standard MX12 package. But I don't think 16 months is conservative, more like a little bit high as the average past few years is about 15.5 months. For average performer total package is 15-16 months through economic cycle.

4.5k salary means HR apply a 50% discount to your experience, otherwise with your honours degree & 5 years work exp shouldn't end up getting only a MX12 manager package. Typical degree civil servant get promoted to MX12 after 1 year of service.

Do you know what's the current salary range for MX11 and MX12?

Unregistered 06-12-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102948)

Hmm I also expected a higher base salary, but from the annual package, it seems legit. This is because in my previous company, the base is low and bonus is high, and so far my ex-colleagues who've left for other companies, all of them have shared that it's very difficult for the hiring company to match my previous company's annual package. Most of them had to nego up the base salary by a few hundreds to at least match the annual package. So comparing what I've been offered and what I had earned, the annual package is roughly similar (would vary depending on the AVC for that year). So I think mid-4k should be the norm for non-scholars, no NS, with several yrs of exp.

Unregistered 12-02-2019 07:38 AM

Position and salary for MOH

Anyone ex-staff, current staff or HR from MOH here???

Would like to ask the salary range and job experience for the following position. I have read some posts and realised some of the same position has different pay. Any input for this? Please give a more realistic input for moh position. Thanks!

Job: AM (Degree entry level)
Salary:
No of experience:
Mx level:

Job: M
Salary:
No of experience:
Mx level:

Job: SM
Salary:
No of experience:
Mx level

Job: AD
Salary:
No of experience:
Mx level:

Job: SAD*
Salary:
No of experience:
Mx level:

Job: DD
Salary:
No of experience:
Mx level:

Job: D
Salary:
No of experience:
Mx level:

Job: SD
Salary:
No of experience:
Mx level:

I have at least 7-8years of mix experience in healthcare and research. Has a diploma in science and recently graduate with a degree in business. Which is the best position should i apply for in MOH and the pay range? Would appreciate your help. Thank you!!!

Unregistered 11-04-2022 10:52 AM

SM level in MOH is mx11a?