Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   MOH (Ministry of Health) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/5503-ministry-health-singapore-ministry-health.html)

Unregistered 12-08-2015 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70369)
Anyone working in MOH? How's the working environment like? Is it very long hours n demanding? Political?

Which MX level is AD there? Do they have SAD in between before DD? Thanks

I went for the interview and understand that the titles are:

Mgr/Snr Mgr
AD
SAD
DD
D
SD

Unregistered 12-08-2015 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71414)
I went for the interview and understand that the titles are:

Mgr/Snr Mgr
AD
SAD
DD
D
SD

For a degree grad holder with average performance and no major screw up should be able to reach SAD ceiling.

Unregistered 01-12-2017 03:20 PM

Hi, hijacking this thread - may I know if entry level in MOH is AM or M? If I have 5 years of relevant exp (2nd upper no NS) which grade I will be at and what's the expected salary range? Thanks!

Unregistered 02-12-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102648)
Hi, hijacking this thread - may I know if entry level in MOH is AM or M? If I have 5 years of relevant exp (2nd upper no NS) which grade I will be at and what's the expected salary range? Thanks!

I would say bare minimal is SM, but ideally should go for AD. Their AD is roughly equal to private sector AM level.

Unregistered 02-12-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102663)
I would say bare minimal is SM, but ideally should go for AD. Their AD is roughly equal to private sector AM level.

Haha cannot AD, the unit already has one and will be my RO..thx!

Unregistered 02-12-2017 02:16 PM

Also do u know what's the salary grade and range I shld expect?

Unregistered 02-12-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102666)
Also do u know what's the salary grade and range I shld expect?

Normally in MOH SM grades are for degree grads with 3-4 years relevant exp, the salary range is anywhere from 4-6k. If they think your 5 years is totally relevant then my best guess is around 5k otherwise most likely 4k+.

Unregistered 03-12-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102689)
Normally in MOH SM grades are for degree grads with 3-4 years relevant exp, the salary range is anywhere from 4-6k. If they think your 5 years is totally relevant then my best guess is around 5k otherwise most likely 4k+.

I see.. Hope to get at least 4.8k, expecting the offer details to be finalised next week. :)

Unregistered 03-12-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102689)

Hi sorry to interrupt the thread halfway. I am also thinking of applying with MOH so just want to clarify something. From the salary given it seems Senior Manager is a very low ranked position.

At first I thought given my experience of 3+ years I should be applying for Senior Executive (my current job) or Assistant Manager openings, but it seems that my current salary is already near the maximum of Senior Manager. Is it because they pay very lowly or their job ranks is not reflective of the jobs?

Unregistered 03-12-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102740)
Hi sorry to interrupt the thread halfway. I am also thinking of applying with MOH so just want to clarify something. From the salary given it seems Senior Manager is a very low ranked position.

At first I thought given my experience of 3+ years I should be applying for Senior Executive (my current job) or Assistant Manager openings, but it seems that my current salary is already near the maximum of Senior Manager. Is it because they pay very lowly or their job ranks is not reflective of the jobs?

I assume you're from private sector? You have to understand that most titles in civil service are inflated (some even with Assistant Director as entry level). For MOH, it's AM/M > SM > AD > SAD > DD > D. If you earn more than 5k with just 3 years of exp, you might have to take a pay cut if you join the service.