Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ITE (lecturer) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/4962-institute-technical-education-lecturer.html)

Unregistered 13-01-2016 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62037)
Lecturer usually pay 7-9k, after 7-8 years of working most will promote to Senior Lecturer pay range 9-12k

pay scheme is the same as poly lecturers.

6-7k range is senior lecturer's pay grade.

if u are looking at 9-12k pay range, is likely senior manager, deputy director and even director's pay grade.

Unregistered 13-01-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77996)
Thanks for the advise. How to go about and roughly how long to promote to management level? For a non scholar what is the max job level and pay ceiling that we can get? Possible to reach 400k?

different 'track' scheme.

there's 'teaching track', 'technical track' and 'management track'.

depends on which track one feels one is more suited for.

if you are looking at '400k', i heard that the banking and finance sector is paying well.

doubt ITE can match ur '400k' aspirations, unless u're on superscale, which brings us all to another different playing field.

Unregistered 13-01-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77873)
Thanks! So is it true that after 7 - 8 years, one can expect to be senior lecturer and a pay of $9-12k?

If so, then annual income can $150k - $180k.

u have high hopes and aspirations. good for you.

y not u furnish us with ur industry experience, skill-set and qualifications? have to see if the school is hiring someone from your industry.

Unregistered 13-01-2016 10:27 PM

Some of those looking to join ITE got to have realistic expectations. ITE pays quite well, probably higher than most private companies. But expecting to make big money like 400k is too high and not realistic.

If you are good 200k+ including bonus is possible with enough experience, but to expect anything more than that for 10 years exp better off working in banking or sales type job.

Unregistered 27-01-2016 10:53 PM

enquiry for 2nd interview

Hi all,

I have undergone an 1st interview with ITE east mainly the directors, managers and section heads.. received another call from HR to go for interview next eek. Just wondering if anyone can share what kinda of interview question they will ask and discuss? They told me to bring my original certs. I am asking for 10% increment, which will be ard 5.3k. It is reasonable?
Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 27-01-2016 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78869)
Hi all,

I have undergone an 1st interview with ITE east mainly the directors, managers and section heads.. received another call from HR to go for interview next eek. Just wondering if anyone can share what kinda of interview question they will ask and discuss? They told me to bring my original certs. I am asking for 10% increment, which will be ard 5.3k. It is reasonable?
Thanks in advance!

If relevant exp 3-4 years its ok, if more than that they will likely offer higher.

Unregistered 28-01-2016 08:52 AM

ite teaching

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78871)
If relevant exp 3-4 years its ok, if more than that they will likely offer higher.

Yup i have around 9years of experience.

Unregistered 28-01-2016 10:35 AM

Many xmm girls available in ITE. Remember to wipe your mouth and keep it casual.

Unregistered 28-01-2016 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78876)
Yup i have around 9years of experience.

9 years exp should apply as senior lecturer at 9-10k already. is your 9 years relevant experience?

Unregistered 28-01-2016 10:49 PM

ite teaching

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78886)
9 years exp should apply as senior lecturer at 9-10k already. is your 9 years relevant experience?

Yup. But i do not have teaching experience.. and in my field, 9-10k is double of wat i am getting now.