Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ITE (lecturer) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/4962-institute-technical-education-lecturer.html)

Unregistered 13-12-2021 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179207)
Why are these lecturers being paid so much to teach the bottom of the barrel? Makes no sense and ROI would be terrible...gov really too much money

Yes. Pay is good. Side Benefits are also good. Managed to up several Xiao lian as well. Always flash their underwear to me during lectures. Ended up doing it in toilets and my car. 1 of them got preg and had to go for an abortion.

Unregistered 18-03-2022 05:34 AM

You can degrade your own life but please do not degrade others.

In my view, salary is OK only. Lecturers have mixed of good and lousy ones. Similarly, this applies to students as well. So, if you have real intention to provide guidance to these young adults. It is good… just make sure you willing to accept both positive & negative side of it.

Unregistered 18-03-2022 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 208814)
You can degrade your own life but please do not degrade others.

In my view, salary is OK only. Lecturers have mixed of good and lousy ones. Similarly, this applies to students as well. So, if you have real intention to provide guidance to these young adults. It is good… just make sure you willing to accept both positive & negative side of it.

yes if you want to earn a high salary pls continue to work in the industry and when u decide that u want to inpart your knowledge and experience then turn to lecturing

Unregistered 18-03-2022 04:43 PM

Usually i see the lecturers are ITE are those old ones. Rarely see any younger. The tough part is the kids. Many of them skip class and dont study, so your overall class result will be low.

Unregistered 26-08-2022 07:14 PM

Local uni with 6 years relevant exp here, used to be from ite.
Managed to clear the interview and went campus visit.
Just submitted background checks.

I must say the facilities these days changed a lot.
Although students still need to dress up sch uniform.

Are there any things i should look out for in terms of student management?
I was told by section head the programme i applied for has less rowdy students lol
But still need to constantly upgrade myself if i come onboard.

Unregistered 18-10-2022 12:10 PM

too old?

hi,

i am 52 this year. currently working as senior management in IT company taking home 300-400K a year. Never teach before but good in communication and presenting ideas. For someone my age, obviously have quite a bit of experience. have 1 early 20s and 2 teenage children and relationship with them are slightly above average.

don't mind much lower pay like 5-10k a month. really hope have a chance to shape some young minds and hopefully help to change some lives as i came from a poor background and have been extremely fortunate.

my questions are:

1. Am i too old to apply? i mean will they just see my age and reject my application?
2. Will i be too behind to guide and influence young people?

Unregistered 21-10-2022 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232879)
hi,

i am 52 this year. currently working as senior management in IT company taking home 300-400K a year. Never teach before but good in communication and presenting ideas. For someone my age, obviously have quite a bit of experience. have 1 early 20s and 2 teenage children and relationship with them are slightly above average.

don't mind much lower pay like 5-10k a month. really hope have a chance to shape some young minds and hopefully help to change some lives as i came from a poor background and have been extremely fortunate.

my questions are:

1. Am i too old to apply? i mean will they just see my age and reject my application?
2. Will i be too behind to guide and influence young people?

Ans to your Question:
1) Not old. I am around your age too and have been invited and cleared my interviews.
2) Not too behind as long as you have the passion, the skill and the knowledge require.

I guess the common question asked if you will be call for interview is why do you want to join ITE and why you want to give up your well paid job.

Unregistered 01-12-2022 06:36 PM

What would a 52 year old person with a masters get in ITE

I am a 53 year old experience engineering manager with 30 years of experience. WIth a master in counselling, what can be the pay scale to look at in ITE?

Thanks.

Unregistered 01-12-2022 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193518)
Yes. Pay is good. Side Benefits are also good. Managed to up several Xiao lian as well. Always flash their underwear to me during lectures. Ended up doing it in toilets and my car. 1 of them got preg and had to go for an abortion.

agreed, there are many students that are open minded. managed to shoot inside 2 of my students as well, but i was luckier none got pregnant. hope i am not impotent

xiaopangbronco 30-01-2023 05:31 PM

What’s the success rate of Been hired as a lecturer? Degree and 10 years exp. And what’s the pay scale nowadays?