Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ITE (lecturer) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/4962-institute-technical-education-lecturer.html)

Unregistered 11-01-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77872)
ITE lecturer here. First of all: yes, we are teachers with a fancy job title. But we are way above MOE teachers as we prepare the students to be ready for the industry, which in turn will help them to earn a living.

That's quite a shameless plug. I haven't even heard a poly or uni lecturer who dares to claim that he/she is way above MOE teacher...

Unregistered 11-01-2016 04:07 PM

I thought only banking wannabe like to talk big here, seems like even ITE lecturers are not short of cannon fairies online.

Unregistered 11-01-2016 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77873)
Thanks! So is it true that after 7 - 8 years, one can expect to be senior lecturer and a pay of $9-12k?

If so, then annual income can $150k - $180k.

Not sure about that one. My section head (aka HOD) brings back less than 7K whereas my colleague got her senior lecturer post only after working for 31 years. It is highly subjective and most staff will retire as just lecturers.

If you really want to earn a five figure sum, go for course manager or director positions in ITE, or teach at a polytechnic.

Unregistered 11-01-2016 09:17 PM

i think $180-$200k inclusive bonus is possible, but u will need to be very experience. 7-8 yrs quite hard, maybe 10-12 yrs if good performance.

Unregistered 11-01-2016 11:01 PM

10 to 12 years (35 - 40yo) to hit $200k pa in salary very respectable already. Think beat many graduates in pte sectors.

So for a lecturer couple, they will be in high income household bracket with $400k pa household income.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77902)
i think $180-$200k inclusive bonus is possible, but u will need to be very experience. 7-8 yrs quite hard, maybe 10-12 yrs if good performance.

Unregistered 12-01-2016 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77911)
10 to 12 years (35 - 40yo) to hit $200k pa in salary very respectable already. Think beat many graduates in pte sectors.

So for a lecturer couple, they will be in high income household bracket with $400k pa household income.

pte sector depend on industry. for low paying like retail, manufacturing, construction etc. $200k is consider above average. but for others like fmcg, banking, pharma etc. is very normal average for deg grad in mid 30s.

Unregistered 12-01-2016 01:48 PM

For lecturing roles in ite 200k is close to ceiling already. To advance more will need to take up management level positions that are very stressful, need to meet many kpi and take part in big projects.

Slaughter 13-01-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77878)
That's quite a shameless plug. I haven't even heard a poly or uni lecturer who dares to claim that he/she is way above MOE teacher...

It's still a job. What's so shameless

Unregistered 13-01-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77945)
For lecturing roles in ite 200k is close to ceiling already. To advance more will need to take up management level positions that are very stressful, need to meet many kpi and take part in big projects.

Thanks for the advise. How to go about and roughly how long to promote to management level? For a non scholar what is the max job level and pay ceiling that we can get? Possible to reach 400k?

Unregistered 13-01-2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62076)
Most of the ITE lecturers are private degree types like SIM, MDIS, RMIT, Monash, Curtin etc. Some of them have a few technical certs issued by trade bodies usually related to blue collar jobs. Those with local deg will choose to lecture in poly instead.

ITE lecturer is just a fancy name for teacher. In fact if you look at the academic qualification of the ITE lecturers, most are below even MOE secondary school teachers.

I really doubt any of these so called lecturers are making more than 6k. The younger ones maybe 3-4k the well experienced senior kind with >10 years exp maybe 4-5k.

bollocks.

many are local uni grads, including scholars too.

stop sprouting untruths here.