NUS (National University of Singapore) - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




NUS (National University of Singapore)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 13-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 85
darkstar is on a distinguished road
Default NUS (National University of Singapore)

Hi, does anybody know what is the salary scale like in NUS?

I am applying for a executive/senior executive role; coming in with a degree with 4 years of experience. Would it be reasonable to ask for 3.3K?

Also, what is the culture there like? Do they have a stronger preference for local grads? I am a overseas grad, by the way, so I am also wondering.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 13-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 85
darkstar is on a distinguished road
Default

no replies? does anybody want to answer?

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 14-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 85
darkstar is on a distinguished road
Default

Got diff people give me diff answers leh

Some say is relaxed, got others say is stressful

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 14-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

No one is answering dude. U are answering yourself. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
Got diff people give me diff answers leh

Some say is relaxed, got others say is stressful
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 16-01-2014, 04:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

For the administrative side, they have not much preference for local degree holders over other degrees. All you do is just admin work. NUS grads are pretty much above that. For NUS to hire an NUS grad for that kind of post is like a person slapping himself in the face.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 16-01-2014, 01:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

As you've pointed out, pay in different faculty differs from one another due to different budget. As a rough gauge, admin work in Biz fac usually pay better than say Sci or Eng Fac.

But personally I've yet to see anyone I know wishing to work in NUS; it's like the end of your career in my opinion. Sure work-life balance is superb, but promotions, increments, bonus are worse than civil service, and hardly anything interesting/exciting nor will you learn anything useful.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 18-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 85
darkstar is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For the administrative side, they have not much preference for local degree holders over other degrees. All you do is just admin work. NUS grads are pretty much above that. For NUS to hire an NUS grad for that kind of post is like a person slapping himself in the face.
I am not a NUS grad...
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 18-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 85
darkstar is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As you've pointed out, pay in different faculty differs from one another due to different budget. As a rough gauge, admin work in Biz fac usually pay better than say Sci or Eng Fac.

But personally I've yet to see anyone I know wishing to work in NUS; it's like the end of your career in my opinion. Sure work-life balance is superb, but promotions, increments, bonus are worse than civil service, and hardly anything interesting/exciting nor will you learn anything useful.
Is it seriously that bad? How much is the increment per year? I am asking for 3.3K (I have 4.5 years experience). I have never before received an annual increment higher than $100 and never received a bonus higher than 1.75 months - my work experience is completely limited to SMEs in the private sector
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 19-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
Is it seriously that bad? How much is the increment per year? I am asking for 3.3K (I have 4.5 years experience). I have never before received an annual increment higher than $100 and never received a bonus higher than 1.75 months - my work experience is completely limited to SMEs in the private sector
Yes, it is quite bad. You're pretty much just an admin clerk. Highest you can go is assistant to the faculty head, or assistant to the dean of NUS. The promotion and income ceiling is pretty low IMO. Most of those in charge of the more important stuff are also professors and such. So the highest pay you can ever get is probably around 5k/mth.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 85
darkstar is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, it is quite bad. You're pretty much just an admin clerk. Highest you can go is assistant to the faculty head, or assistant to the dean of NUS. The promotion and income ceiling is pretty low IMO. Most of those in charge of the more important stuff are also professors and such. So the highest pay you can ever get is probably around 5k/mth.
Ok, but I still need to start somewhere; can i ask you what is the annual increment and bonus like?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone working/worked in National Dental Centre? Canvas Income and Jobs 2 10-01-2019 01:50 PM
National Service and work issues sgcitizen Income and Jobs 2 01-01-2019 03:09 AM
Singapore national cooperative federation (sncf) zzz123 Income and Jobs 7 14-07-2017 11:40 AM
National Oilwell Varco Cron Income and Jobs 0 02-04-2014 12:41 PM
Monash university (clayton) OR University of melbourne? garpy Education and Personal Growth 3 23-07-2011 01:35 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 73,410 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,788 Replies, 4,422,814 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 9,913 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,452 Replies, 1,402,751 Views
Fresh grad programmer earning... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 14,912 Views
Working at Changi Business Park ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 7,317 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
825 Replies, 223,993 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,121 Replies, 274,528 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,105 Replies, 553,822 Views
Perm job $2700 with 3 years...
3 Replies, 919 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,744 Replies, 7,501,134 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
516 Replies, 348,394 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,069 Replies, 569,176 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 107,264 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,954 Replies, 1,816,176 Views
Can share your your car... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 15,040 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
70 Replies, 11,233 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,393 Replies, 4,847,304 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,121 Replies, 1,332,328 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
82 Replies, 29,113 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
482 Replies, 290,024 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,210 Replies, 2,600,554 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,880 Replies, 630,552 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,296 Replies, 653,789 Views
Working in a bank ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
531 Replies, 344,295 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
577 Replies, 459,724 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,942 Replies, 1,466,131 Views
Mnc jobs - a must in life ?? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
176 Replies, 69,557 Views
Grab Finance Graduate Programme... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 2,450 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
519 Replies, 297,612 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2