Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NUS (National University of Singapore) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3476-national-university-singapore-national-university-singapore.html)

Unregistered 21-06-2017 11:04 AM

EP3 is not 8-12k, this was the range some years back. The current range is more like 9k+ to 13k.

Comparison to MX8/9 is also not fair as total package is significantly different. MX8/9 total package is usually ~20 months whereas Grade 2/1 normally goes for 15-16 months only. Also selected positions in MX8/9 level are entitled to special bonuses on top of the normal publicize ones that can potentially add another 2-3 months on top of 20 months.

Unregistered 22-06-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98201)
EP3 is not 8-12k, this was the range some years back. The current range is more like 9k+ to 13k.

Comparison to MX8/9 is also not fair as total package is significantly different. MX8/9 total package is usually ~20 months whereas Grade 2/1 normally goes for 15-16 months only. Also selected positions in MX8/9 level are entitled to special bonuses on top of the normal publicize ones that can potentially add another 2-3 months on top of 20 months.

Generally speaking a NUS Director is much more lower responsibility than a ministry Director, so it is only fair the government pays the latter higher bonus. Even then we are talking about paying 250-350k p.a. in total to administrative department heads in an institute of higher learning. I think it is very generous and comparable to most private sector unless we are talking about global banks and top MNCs.

Unregistered 07-11-2017 10:10 PM

would anyone know what is the range for E5 jobs?

Unregistered 08-12-2017 12:45 PM

how about E4?

Unregistered 17-08-2018 03:18 PM

hi i just got a job as Executive Professional Grade 6 as a recent grad..

is this a dead end job for me?

like i am not even sure if this is what i wanna do in the long run.

Not too sure if I can switch out next time and if my experience working in the uni will count as a professional experience.

Unregistered 17-08-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109711)

Not too sure if I can switch out next time and if my experience working in the uni will count as a professional experience.

Read this whole forum thread carefully from start to end - NUS admin isn't a place to start your career, its a place to go when you are in the next phase of your life, and prioritize life outside work instead. It is the opposite of a dynamic, challenging and innovative environment. And once you get used to such a place, it will be difficult to go work somewhere else since the culture shock will be too great.

You might not know what you wana do in the long run, but I can safely assure you that working in NUS admin side isn't it. Maybe when you are 50 plus, and you want to take it easy and drop a few gears after working hard your whole career, consider NUS.

Unregistered 18-08-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109720)
Read this whole forum thread carefully from start to end - NUS admin isn't a place to start your career, its a place to go when you are in the next phase of your life, and prioritize life outside work instead. It is the opposite of a dynamic, challenging and innovative environment. And once you get used to such a place, it will be difficult to go work somewhere else since the culture shock will be too great.

You might not know what you wana do in the long run, but I can safely assure you that working in NUS admin side isn't it. Maybe when you are 50 plus, and you want to take it easy and drop a few gears after working hard your whole career, consider NUS.

I guess it is gone case for me then :(

Signed the contract

Unregistered 22-10-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109711)

How much are you offered for the Executive position?

Unregistered 07-11-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109737)
I guess it is gone case for me then :(

Signed the contract

Hey I also signed with NUS after graduation - it's been a year since then and I'm happy here. It's not the end!!

Unregistered 09-11-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111458)
Hey I also signed with NUS after graduation - it's been a year since then and I'm happy here. It's not the end!!

Can you share the bonus structure? How many months of bonus for an average performer?