Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NUS (National University of Singapore) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3476-national-university-singapore-national-university-singapore.html)

Unregistered 08-10-2022 03:41 PM

Anyone who have work in ntu and nus share what's the difference like in terms of workload,pay and increment? How about performance bonus too?

Unregistered 09-10-2022 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231958)
Is NUS a good place for mid-career entrants?

Also, do they have separate HR department for all the different faculty, or is there a centralise HR, anyone knows?

I wonder if one interview for one position, would other departments have access to the interview records? Would references submitted for one job be accessible for another job application?

Absolutely! NUS is the goodest place. Centralized HR, extremely organized system already in place. They managed tens of thousands of students every year. Several thousands staff is easy peasy.

All the best and let us know how it goes!

Unregistered 09-10-2022 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232256)
Anyone who have work in ntu and nus share what's the difference like in terms of workload,pay and increment? How about performance bonus too?

My friend in NTU told me they have AWS. No AWS in NUS.

Unregistered 15-10-2022 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232316)
My friend in NTU told me they have AWS. No AWS in NUS.

Yes I can confirm that, I used to work in NUS, no aws. Had a job offer from NTU 2 year back, was offered aws.

Unregistered 15-10-2022 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232657)
Yes I can confirm that, I used to work in NUS, no aws. Had a job offer from NTU 2 year back, was offered aws.

In NUS, the monthly salary is inclusive of the aws. What this means is they split the aws into the monthly salary equally. So instead of getting that one lump sum at year end, you get it in portion throughout the monthly salary.

Unregistered 17-10-2022 03:36 PM

Instructor

Anyone knows what is the instructor pay and progression looks like in a technical faculty? Masters degree with industry experience. Did research on linkedin it seems that some people get stuck in instructor role and never move up to lecturer.

Unregistered 18-10-2022 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232827)
Anyone knows what is the instructor pay and progression looks like in a technical faculty? Masters degree with industry experience. Did research on linkedin it seems that some people get stuck in instructor role and never move up to lecturer.

to get lecturer think u need at least PhD

Unregistered 20-10-2022 12:18 PM

How is the performance between nus and ntu for average person?

Unregistered 20-10-2022 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233016)
How is the performance between nus and ntu for average person?

How do you define average? Maybe give more information on your idea of "average"?

Unregistered 04-11-2022 04:35 PM

have received a verbal offer and submitted references etc. They just told me to wait for the "offer letter". It has been more than one week and still haven't heard back. Anyone has experience how long HR would take to actually email you the offer letter?