ST Electronics - Page 233 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

ST Electronics

Old 11-09-2021, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, i am in st elec for more than 5 years as E5 and i am still E5. should i request to change department? My RO is very understanding and most of the time i can just pretend i am stress that i have alot of work to do. since covid wfh requirement, there is not much new project and nothing much to do so i mostly stay at home. afew months ago someone not from my dept is picking on me by saying im not doing work. i complain him to my RO and his RO but they did not do anything to him. For sometime during WFH is required, i went back to office so my RO AO can see i am in office working. I have been trying to do make him mess up something but i think he is aware of it and my RO is noticing it. I have also think that i am being mark since i am still E5 after i join as perm for more than 5 year. my dept have afew that join after me but promoted to E6. i am 40 soon and i have tried to apply job outside but there is no reply. should i sent email to HR or my VP, and what should i say. Thank you in advance for your advice.
You seems like a toxic colleague to have. U eat snake act stress and when your colleague single u out u report him to your ro and his ro is like shooting your foot. You send email to ceo also no use la when u stuck for 5 years without any promotion.

Internal transfer is possible u can give it a try but if you don't change your habit you will be stuck for another 5 years

Old 11-09-2021, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hello, i am in st elec for more than 5 years as E5 and i am still E5. should i request to change department? My RO is very understanding and most of the time i can just pretend i am stress that i have alot of work to do. since covid wfh requirement, there is not much new project and nothing much to do so i mostly stay at home. afew months ago someone not from my dept is picking on me by saying im not doing work. i complain him to my RO and his RO but they did not do anything to him. For sometime during WFH is required, i went back to office so my RO AO can see i am in office working. I have been trying to do make him mess up something but i think he is aware of it and my RO is noticing it. I have also think that i am being mark since i am still E5 after i join as perm for more than 5 year. my dept have afew that join after me but promoted to E6. i am 40 soon and i have tried to apply job outside but there is no reply. should i sent email to HR or my VP, and what should i say. Thank you in advance for your advice.

You seems like a toxic colleague to have. U eat snake act stress and when your colleague single u out u report him to your ro and his ro is like shooting your foot. You send email to ceo also no use la when u stuck for 5 years without any promotion.

Internal transfer is possible and u can give it a try but if you don't change your habit you will be stuck for another 5 years. Regarding changing of job I think at age 40 might be a little hard considering the job market situation at the moment

Old 12-09-2021, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Have you think before if you change job or change department, you work might multiply. E5 to E6, they give you how much more? 50 -100? dun waste you time.

Old 13-09-2021, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
There are divisions which promote only every 5-7 years unless the big boss likes the person. If you have nothing to do, you should talk to your sup about expanding your job scope, even if it's not permanent. At least you will look proactive while you are waiting for you part in the project to start. Sabotaging won't work, it will make you look even worse.

If you are a perm staff, try internal transfer first. If outsourced, try harder to look for job openings. If you cannot play or tolerate the politics game in ST, leave the place. It's a place for those who sell their soul to the company or for those who are at the top of the political games.
Old 13-09-2021, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

Default bad company

Quote:
There are divisions which promote only every 5-7 years unless the big boss likes the person. If you have nothing to do, you should talk to your sup about expanding your job scope, even if it's not permanent. At least you will look proactive while you are waiting for you part in the project to start. Sabotaging won't work, it will make you look even worse.

If you are a perm staff, try internal transfer first. If outsourced, try harder to look for job openings. If you cannot play or tolerate the politics game in ST, leave the place. It's a place for those who sell their soul to the company or for those who are at the top of the political games.
Alot of ppl in ST have no real job / purpose. Aka. everyday come office late, just check email, surf internet. meeting once a while with no action plan, nothing real, nothing transparent. paper work/document etc all outsource to lesser colleague under the pretext of "training them to be promoted" but it's actually just delegating the work to them so they dont do have to do anything. If anything wrong, its the colleague who get the blame. if nothing goes wrong, they take the credit for "training" the colleague to deliver the job. Already seen it so many times, those can do keep leaving. those who stayed behind all just "i let u decide" etc cause they have 0 skills and knowledge... but in front of boss, they can present updates like they are the only 1 person single handedly run the project during covid-19...

This covid-19 shows us clearly who is doing work and who come to work or don't come to work also make no difference. like my division got like a handful of 10++ old really old consultants. that doesnt really do anything one. one normal days also hardly see them in office. only occassionally once or twice per week.. my colleagues say those consultants are part time based etc. i dunno la, why need 10++ so many consultants. they can't provide any consultation or help also. whats the point?

My division alot of ppl quit during covid-19. like around 20 plus and counting... and management is not hiring with all sort of excuses.. so far only 2 joined. 2 to replace 20. Management is so laughable. hence alot of existing staff have to do more work and actually do work. so end up alot of ppl not happy and questioning why this guy not doing any work, this is team A's job why we have to take over now etc. And the other team will have excuses like their side 3 people left... so need us to take over. etc...

so? our side also got ppl leaving what. u hire back or replace ur staff la. why push ur **** to us right? so yep alot of politics, only made more glaring during this covid-19. and as no suprise those top management during this covid-19 2020 to 2021 also do nothing. then now another new head take over. the old one move to another portfolio. with nothing to show for. every year is like that the top keep getting higher pay, bigger office, bigger profile. but actually no real contribution.

And hor, another thing i dun understand... already understaff... not even labor to do the ****... u can still have those M1, M2 go for course during this period...

Make no sense to me. The boat is already sinking. people drowning and dying.. and u have those captain of the ship go to the beach to learn how to surf, etc... Shows how deluded this company can be at times.
Old 15-09-2021, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Internal transfer is possible and u can give it a try but if you don't change your habit you will be stuck for another 5 years. Regarding changing of job I think at age 40 might be a little hard considering the job market situation at the moment
Cringe at the thought of having such a colleague

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Old 15-09-2021, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Alot of ppl in ST have no real job / purpose. Aka. everyday come office late, just check email, surf internet. meeting once a while with no action plan, nothing real, nothing transparent. paper work/document etc all outsource to lesser colleague under the pretext of "training them to be promoted" but it's actually just delegating the work to them so they dont do have to do anything. If anything wrong, its the colleague who get the blame. if nothing goes wrong, they take the credit for "training" the colleague to deliver the job. Already seen it so many times, those can do keep leaving. those who stayed behind all just "i let u decide" etc cause they have 0 skills and knowledge... but in front of boss, they can present updates like they are the only 1 person single handedly run the project during covid-19...

This covid-19 shows us clearly who is doing work and who come to work or don't come to work also make no difference. like my division got like a handful of 10++ old really old consultants. that doesnt really do anything one. one normal days also hardly see them in office. only occassionally once or twice per week.. my colleagues say those consultants are part time based etc. i dunno la, why need 10++ so many consultants. they can't provide any consultation or help also. whats the point?

My division alot of ppl quit during covid-19. like around 20 plus and counting... and management is not hiring with all sort of excuses.. so far only 2 joined. 2 to replace 20. Management is so laughable. hence alot of existing staff have to do more work and actually do work. so end up alot of ppl not happy and questioning why this guy not doing any work, this is team A's job why we have to take over now etc. And the other team will have excuses like their side 3 people left... so need us to take over. etc...

so? our side also got ppl leaving what. u hire back or replace ur staff la. why push ur **** to us right? so yep alot of politics, only made more glaring during this covid-19. and as no suprise those top management during this covid-19 2020 to 2021 also do nothing. then now another new head take over. the old one move to another portfolio. with nothing to show for. every year is like that the top keep getting higher pay, bigger office, bigger profile. but actually no real contribution.

And hor, another thing i dun understand... already understaff... not even labor to do the ****... u can still have those M1, M2 go for course during this period...

Make no sense to me. The boat is already sinking. people drowning and dying.. and u have those captain of the ship go to the beach to learn how to surf, etc... Shows how deluded this company can be at times.
Thanks for the insights. Feel for you
Old 16-09-2021, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Exactly what I experienced pre-covid. There was a division where the whole development team quit. Instead of hiring new team, the management pushed to my then-division to take up more job, when we were already the most shorthanded team because we basically have to be involved in all projects. The managers kept promoting because their portfolio grew, but those under got overwhelmed.
Old 16-09-2021, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
wow.
一山还比一山高, 你的山非常高. u 40yo E5 means u legendary fk up and u are the problem. so old liao still wan set ppl up
info comm also got alot ppl like this. can we like mass report somewhere so the hr or someone high up will do something?

on other topic lol:
anyone else bouns was 0.5mth? i recontract this mth. i band 1 get 0.5mths, my other colleagues band 2 also 0.5mths. we st contract and got a band2 showed me payslip. i think band 3 0mth. my dept revenue same as before covid, i very sad
Old 16-09-2021, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Perm staff all jiak liao bee one. Anything is "hire outsource" employee to solve.
Perm staff have no skills and expertise. Then why is the company keeping them as perm staff?

Outsource staff lower pay and less leave etc.
Anyway during this covid-19 my division outsource staff have to come back for essential work.
While those perm staff WFH.

Joke right.
Which means those perm staff are not essential.
And yet it's the perm staff who keep getting promoted for years of doing nothing
While outsource staff slaves away at low pay just to keep their job.

And the management wonder why they can't retain staff.
Thanks staff you retained all cannot make it. Outsource also don't want to waste their talent working FOR you
I left more than 6 months ago and joined a MNC recommended by a friend with a lot of help from him and guidance. When i joined the MNC, I had a big culture shock. In mnc, you really have to do work and they really follow up. Every project is about cost and output so you don't have redundant projects hanging around doing nothing. The discipline is hard and i always have to catch up on my skills. I felt like a fresh grad out of ST with no skills that can be used. I didn't get confirmed during my 3rd month probation because i really can't catch up. But i finally got confirmed by my 6th month after putting in a lot of effort. The pros are i now i get real industry sought skills, worldwide exposure, opportunities to get professional certifications. The cons are, you really have to catch up. The pace is very different. But i have no regrets leaving.