Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 23-11-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149684)
must be a salty boomer who think fresh grad must accept underpaid wages and work long hours to prove their worth.

Why not? I mean every boomer. Your parents and the rest of the world all start from low pay bottom of pile up to now.

What makes the current generation of fresh grad so farking entitled.

Unregistered 23-11-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149684)
must be a salty boomer who think fresh grad must accept underpaid wages and work long hours to prove their worth.

Employment pass to hire foreign tech talent also only 4.5k. This is experienced tech talent.
Fresh grad Singaporean expects starting pay 5k

Malaysia fresh grad starting pay RM 2.5k

Yet the Singaporean fresh grad overpaid 5k can't even code what a Vietnamese or Philippines or Indian coder can do

Yet the foreign lower paid less privileged are willing work hard including weekend.
While local fresh grad complain that they have to multitasking.

Well expect high paid, then do 3 people's work.
No such thing as high pay and less work.

Salty fresh ies. You think employment is give you free money to reward you for finish studying meh.
Start work. Start from the bottom.

Entitle fresh grad. This generation. Pui

Unregistered 23-11-2020 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149713)
Why not? I mean every boomer. Your parents and the rest of the world all start from low pay bottom of pile up to now.

What makes the current generation of fresh grad so farking entitled.

because we're spoilt for choice. If given a choice, who would even want to join this company as a fresh grad. No aspiration.

Unregistered 24-11-2020 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149684)
must be a salty boomer who think fresh grad must accept underpaid wages and work long hours to prove their worth.

lol u mean under 5k for starting salary is underpaid?

u think u worth that much with your limited knowledge and experience?

Unregistered 24-11-2020 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149715)
Employment pass to hire foreign tech talent also only 4.5k. This is experienced tech talent.
Fresh grad Singaporean expects starting pay 5k

Malaysia fresh grad starting pay RM 2.5k

Yet the Singaporean fresh grad overpaid 5k can't even code what a Vietnamese or Philippines or Indian coder can do

Yet the foreign lower paid less privileged are willing work hard including weekend.
While local fresh grad complain that they have to multitasking.

Well expect high paid, then do 3 people's work.
No such thing as high pay and less work.

Salty fresh ies. You think employment is give you free money to reward you for finish studying meh.
Start work. Start from the bottom.

Entitle fresh grad. This generation. Pui


lol well said

unless it's FCH in top tier uni, those fresh grads who put 5k and above for expected salaries in their resumes will go straight into my recycle bin lol

Unregistered 24-11-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149783)
lol well said

unless it's FCH in top tier uni, those fresh grads who put 5k and above for expected salaries in their resumes will go straight into my recycle bin lol

Even some top tier FCH are really self entitled. Newly join as freshie want to act like boss.

Unregistered 24-11-2020 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149789)
Even some top tier FCH are really self entitled. Newly join as freshie want to act like boss.

i think this is more of a character issue, than to label those FCH people.
i think expected salary 5k for fresh grad is overkill. but if you know the company can offer more, wouldnt you put more for your expected salary as well? or would you prefer to volunteer to take lower pay?

lets not be salty about it. put the blame to those who came up with the pay range if you all disargee

Unregistered 24-11-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149790)
i think this is more of a character issue, than to label those FCH people.
i think expected salary 5k for fresh grad is overkill. but if you know the company can offer more, wouldnt you put more for your expected salary as well? or would you prefer to volunteer to take lower pay?

lets not be salty about it. put the blame to those who came up with the pay range if you all disargee

Fresh grad expects 5k starting pay. And 1k annual increment? And 5 months bonus right?

Unregistered 24-11-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149799)
Fresh grad expects 5k starting pay. And 1k annual increment? And 5 months bonus right?

Probably many fresh grads used the salaries of top jobs in survey and apply the expectations to all industries.

For example, finance and engineering pays are definitely on very different levels. Of course I am not saying there are companies that pay below market rates.

Unregistered 24-11-2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149799)
Fresh grad expects 5k starting pay. And 1k annual increment? And 5 months bonus right?

well im just referring like lets say you know this position you applied for is offer 5k, are you gonna put your expected as 3.8k? since you know the rate you will probably put within the range.

but of course not saying fresh grad should expect such a high starting pay. the range should be reasonable


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2