Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 18-11-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149371)
M1 is assistant principal engineer, still quite junior considering ST overinflated the job titles one

That's true. M1 in ST is just at most a highly paid lead engineer, not even considered a team lead. Need M2 and above to be team lead.

Sometimes I wonder, is the existence of M1 only for the sole purpose of arrowing work when they need someone to be in charge of some stuff since the grade is already of junior management.

In other orgs, managers are managers, not just the title slapped onto Principal Engineers even if the title is inflated.

Unregistered 18-11-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149398)
That's true. M1 in ST is just at most a highly paid lead engineer, not even considered a team lead. Need M2 and above to be team lead.

Sometimes I wonder, is the existence of M1 only for the sole purpose of arrowing work when they need someone to be in charge of some stuff since the grade is already of junior management.

In other orgs, managers are managers, not just the title slapped onto Principal Engineers even if the title is inflated.

Don't agree with the term "highly paid".

Unregistered 18-11-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149399)

Maybe should put higher paid E5/E6.

Unregistered 18-11-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149399)

If M1 doesn't earn higher than E5 or E6, then HR is a joke.
Anyway M1 automatically extra 2 annual leave days. le.

Unregistered 18-11-2020 08:26 PM

Wah is the pay scale of M1? 6k?

Unregistered 19-11-2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Big brother lee say skills skills skills, but ground level people cannot stop talking about titles (inflated or not?) without care about what they actually do. Other people at least compare pay but in the end still want the name onli. Maybe... If I M1 think I saki then all other M1 zuo bo? E5 earning 5k starting = impossibru coz cannot move on from comparing title

Unregistered 19-11-2020 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149447)
Wah is the pay scale of M1? 6k?

can be starting 5k+ but bear in mind it's including the 13th month

Unregistered 19-11-2020 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149181)
Isit because you just joined? first year?

Yes, but I see all my colleagues gets 2 digit increment even when they stay a few years

Unregistered 19-11-2020 10:15 AM

Quote:

Roles and titles usually don't match in ST.
U can have a project lead/manager even at E5/E6...

Unregistered 19-11-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149397)
What will it be reorg or renamed to?

It is now call URS.
Urban solutions. Lol