Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 29-05-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 119610)
You are the idiot who don’t understand. Ask question still act mighty knnbccb, go fug yourself literally. So many things written on the salary package here and you still don’t know how to read, no wonder you don’t even know your salary package

Not sure whether your salary package is written for mine is “accordance with the company policies” no leave or bonus is mention

Unregistered 29-05-2019 09:07 AM

Letter of offer should have indicate your benefits and pay all this.

Unregistered 29-05-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119614)
Letter of offer should have indicate your benefits and pay all this.

Yes I am talking about the letter of employment it didn’t indicate and the salary adjustment change after I joined he company

Unregistered 29-05-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 119610)
You are the idiot who don’t understand. Ask question still act mighty knnbccb, go fug yourself literally. So many things written on the salary package here and you still don’t know how to read, no wonder you don’t even know your salary package

St engineering inside full of this type ppl ma, they think they know it all but actually they know nothing

xiaopangbronco 03-06-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119611)
How does one know about the upcoming salary package mr genius.

you still dont understand simple english. think you better go back to school and learn how to read. All written so clearly if you even bother to read it.

Unregistered 06-06-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 119912)
you still dont understand simple english. think you better go back to school and learn how to read. All written so clearly if you even bother to read it.

From your post can tell you are one of the loser in ST. Good luck

Unregistered 06-07-2019 01:03 AM

If I join in Dec 18, will have increment this year in 2019 anot? And usually what is the rate?

Unregistered 07-07-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121302)
If I join in Dec 18, will have increment this year in 2019 anot? And usually what is the rate?

yes, 50% pro rated.....approx 1.5% AI for 6 mth work

Unregistered 09-07-2019 09:42 AM

How many months bonus should I expect on average?
Assuming average or above performance?

Unregistered 10-07-2019 12:15 AM

C - 0.9 months
C + - 1.4 months

Unregistered 10-07-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121302)

I think if you don't receive email at the start of this month most probably don't have

Unregistered 10-07-2019 03:44 PM

Can someone kindly help to confirm will there be any increment upon confirmation of service after your probation?

Thanks in advance

Unregistered 10-07-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121480)
Can someone kindly help to confirm will there be any increment upon confirmation of service after your probation?

Thanks in advance

No increment after probation

Unregistered 11-07-2019 03:34 PM

If hit the max cap salary for the grade, will there be any more increment in the following year? And if hit max cap and the bosses don't fight for your promotion even for above average appraisal, what will be the minimum increment or will there be no increment?

Unregistered 11-07-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121450)
C - 0.9 months
C + - 1.4 months

That's pathetic.. Are these the figures after the pay restructure?

Unregistered 11-07-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121558)
That's pathetic.. Are these the figures after the pay restructure?

Yeah very pathetic, indeed. They are famous for shortchanging their engineers. But however, they do have some nice and interesting stuff to work on. Left ST in 2017 thou. Anyone know if they are still paying their engineers (fresh grad and old bird) 20% to 40% below the market rate? Any agile environment for cultivating an agile team after the restructure so far? Any major change?

Unregistered 11-07-2019 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121562)
Yeah very pathetic, indeed. They are famous for shortchanging their engineers. But however, they do have some nice and interesting stuff to work on. Left ST in 2017 thou. Anyone know if they are still paying their engineers (fresh grad and old bird) 20% to 40% below the market rate? Any agile environment for cultivating an agile team after the restructure so far? Any major change?

Yes they still are underpaying. Most likely fresh graduate will join now.

And they remove the stock purchase option for newcomers from this year onwards. So, nothing to look forward for the newcomers except maybe stable job

Unregistered 12-07-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121565)

And they remove the stock purchase option for newcomers from this year onwards. So, nothing to look forward for the newcomers except maybe stable job

Being in the "dumping ground" doesn't look cool... Furthermore, I foresee that they will hire in a lot of desperate and easily contented people for the job. Not very healthy thou... But indeed, very stable job in ST. They seems to be very job protective instead of workers protective. At least that was the case when I was still there.

Unregistered 12-07-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121565)

well at least with an engineering degree, your pay will be higher than a non-engineering grad givent tha both are doing the same non-engineering role

Unregistered 12-07-2019 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121593)
well at least with an engineering degree, your pay will be higher than a non-engineering grad givent tha both are doing the same non-engineering role

Erm.. if I am not wrong, ST are paying their engineers like an executive. Meaning to say, non-engineering and engineering degrees are paid the same. and of course it depends on the class of honors obtained as well, and also the university attended. Also, NS are not taken into consideration for additional salary, which is a disappointment. I wonder if there are any positive changes after restructuring?

Unregistered 14-07-2019 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121594)
Erm.. if I am not wrong, ST are paying their engineers like an executive. Meaning to say, non-engineering and engineering degrees are paid the same. and of course it depends on the class of honors obtained as well, and also the university attended. Also, NS are not taken into consideration for additional salary, which is a disappointment. I wonder if there are any positive changes after restructuring?

They even remove the national day bonus and also new joiners no more option to buy stock. So what do you think?

Unregistered 14-07-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121617)
They even remove the national day bonus and also new joiners no more option to buy stock. So what do you think?

Only the ST's Engineers can help themselves to be paid the market rate annually. I see that their stock is doing extremely well... No need to say too obvious. If you know what I mean. lol.

zero_88 15-07-2019 01:09 AM

The only thing gd abt ST is the pantry is very big and nice, rest of thing is nothing one

Unregistered 15-07-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 121640)
The only thing gd abt ST is the pantry is very big and nice, rest of thing is nothing one

If the pantry start shrinking, you all (underpaid engineers since April 2016) can then start going on a strike, collectively as a team. Bring down the stock, show the senior management that it is time to wake up. Inspired by EVA Air. lol

Unregistered 14-08-2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118175)
Am a recent joiner at the M4 grade. Around $14k /month but that could also be due to the adjustment upwards after removing AWS.

Same here, joined this year at M4 around $14K/month.

Unregistered 14-08-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117646)
Looking through LinkedIn and trying to decide whether to join. Noticed that there are directors and AVP, Senior manager. What is the difference in terms of the job grade? HR mentioned that

M6 - SVP
M5- VP

But below that, how does director or AVP or Senior manager map to the M grade?

Director/AVP/Senior manager refers to M4 from what I understand from HR. Senior manager is an internal facing appointment. Director/AVP is for external facing and printed on your biz card depending who you are fronting.

Unregistered 14-08-2019 03:14 PM

Any fresh grad joined recently as perm position may I know what is the salary

Unregistered 14-08-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122620)

Interested to know as well, especially engineer's annual package/salary.

Taxiplz 21-08-2019 01:06 AM

Got offered 3.7 for IT engineer role with PB but no AWS perm role, should i take?

fresh private uni grad with no exp

Unregistered 21-08-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122620)

Last time fresh grad fix start pay is 3k. But got monthly variable bonus meaning like aws/12 so total around 3250. Then got ndp bonus, shares sharing scheme which a lot of engineers stay cause of the shares money even pb was higher for c grader back then. Now this company start to play cheat by saying they heeding govt call for higher start pay for engineers hence remove the whole monthly variable bonus and just put inside your salary, then remove ndp bonus and remove shares scheme. Pb for c grader also cut and they even send out memo to staff to inform them.

Most funny thing is I remember many years back they did a presentation slides on survey on staff on the was/12 for mvb, saying mncs don’t give aws and Ste staff actually prefer to receive upfront aws monthly. Then now recently remove this mvb I saw another slides saying we following mnc culture now in removing aws.

All in all a new hire perm stand to lose around 500-900 monthly due to this restructure.if you looking for place to retire go there, if not I say avoid this terrible glc

Unregistered 21-08-2019 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122615)
Same here, joined this year at M4 around $14K/month.

That's higher than the norm. May I ask your years of experience.

Unregistered 22-08-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taxiplz (Post 122767)
Got offered 3.7 for IT engineer role with PB but no AWS perm role, should i take?

fresh private uni grad with no exp

Your AWS is so called counted in your 3.7k already.. so actually your basic maybe 3.3 to 3.4k

Unregistered 22-08-2019 11:40 AM

For awareness.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118255)
Engineer E5 Grade, Entry Level, ST Aero
FCH ST Scholar 2018, 4k basic
2nd Upper non-scholar 2017, 3.7k basic
2nd Lower non-scholar 2017, 3.4k basic
Default 16 days annual leave
13th month bonus + at least 1.8 mth of performance bonus (depending on appraisal)
Share scheme at (max at 10% of basic * 0.5) per mth, 2nd year onwards
National day bonus at 800 per yr, 2nd year onwards
Corporate bonus at 0.2 - ?? mth per year
Estimated annual gross salary at about 59,000, 2nd upper non-scholar, entry level.
Annual increment at 1 – 2% of basic.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Engineer, Grade 12/13, Entry Level, Statutory Board
2nd Upper non scholar, 4.6k basic.
Pass Degree non-scholar from reputable/good/local university, 3.8k. ICT related at 4k. (Info from national news, April 2016, from DPM, regarding all engineer given a 20% boost in gov sector)
Engineering department additional bonus at 800/mth, same across all grade.
Default 18 days annual leave, 2 days MC without MC annually, family care leave 2 days annually.
13th month bonus
Mobile and broadband allowance at 85/mth
Mid year bonus at 0.5 – 1.5mth (rate announced on national news annually)
End year bonus at 0.5 – 1.5mth (rate announced on national news annually)
Performance bonus at 2 - ?? mth (depending on appraisal)
Corporate bonus at 0.2 - ?? mth
IT related allowance 200/yr
Device allowance 200/3yrs
Flexible benefits allowance at 600 cash/yr
HR quoted estimated annual gross salary at about 99,680, 2nd upper non-scholar, entry level.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Info accurate as of 2018. =)

For awareness. 59,000 fresh grad gross annual package vs 99,000. Govt's Engineers are getting abt 40,000 more annually. This govt link company ST is obviously shortchanging their engineers. Such a dishonest company by not paying the market rate despite having such a good stock market performance and annual gross profits.

Unregistered 30-09-2019 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122793)
For awareness. 59,000 fresh grad gross annual package vs 99,000. Govt's Engineers are getting abt 40,000 more annually. This govt link company ST is obviously shortchanging their engineers. Such a dishonest company by not paying the market rate despite having such a good stock market performance and annual gross profits.

it's not company short changing engineer, but gov engineer overpaid. Can the gov engineer command these salaries outside, putting aside the temporary bubble caused by unprofitable unicorns in sg

xiaopangbronco 30-09-2019 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123774)
it's not company short changing engineer, but gov engineer overpaid. Can the gov engineer command these salaries outside, putting aside the temporary bubble caused by unprofitable unicorns in sg

thats the truth. other than the big giants out there like google, apple etc, most companmies outside are paying these similar rates. govt salaries are way inflated

Unregistered 30-09-2019 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123774)

But our DPM in April 2016 said that engineers in govt sector are underpaid, and therefore given the 20% adjustment/boost to match the market rate across all grade, in June 2016. Govt's data cannot be wrong.

Previously, engineers in govt sector and Govt-Linked Company (GLC) like ST are paid about the same annually. And looking at the annual leave, and the bonus components.. no comments. lol

For info, another GLC like DBS are paying their engineers the market rate annually, unlike ST.

Unregistered 01-10-2019 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118255)
Engineer E5 Grade, Entry Level, ST Aero
FCH ST Scholar 2018, 4k basic
2nd Upper non-scholar 2017, 3.7k basic
2nd Lower non-scholar 2017, 3.4k basic
Default 16 days annual leave
13th month bonus + at least 1.8 mth of performance bonus (depending on appraisal)
Share scheme at (max at 10% of basic * 0.5) per mth, 2nd year onwards
National day bonus at 800 per yr, 2nd year onwards
Corporate bonus at 0.2 - ?? mth per year
Estimated annual gross salary at about 59,000, 2nd upper non-scholar, entry level.
Annual increment at 1 – 2% of basic.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Engineer, Grade 12/13, Entry Level, Statutory Board
2nd Upper non scholar, 4.6k basic.
Pass Degree non-scholar from reputable/good/local university, 3.8k. ICT related at 4k. (Info from national news, April 2016, from DPM, regarding all engineer given a 20% boost in gov sector)
Engineering department additional bonus at 800/mth, same across all grade.
Default 18 days annual leave, 2 days MC without MC annually, family care leave 2 days annually.
13th month bonus
Mobile and broadband allowance at 85/mth
Mid year bonus at 0.5 – 1.5mth (rate announced on national news annually)
End year bonus at 0.5 – 1.5mth (rate announced on national news annually)
Performance bonus at 2 - ?? mth (depending on appraisal)
Corporate bonus at 0.2 - ?? mth
IT related allowance 200/yr
Device allowance 200/3yrs
Flexible benefits allowance at 600 cash/yr
HR quoted estimated annual gross salary at about 99,680, 2nd upper non-scholar, entry level.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Info accurate as of 2018. =)

How did HR estimate 99680... base salary of 52k (13 month included) with say 6 months of bonus assuming best case for all senarios, all in all would be <80k.

Unregistered 01-10-2019 09:24 PM

Was offered $6.8k, M1 grade a month ago.

Nowadays, M1 grade range so big?

Unregistered 01-10-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123791)
Was offered $6.8k, M1 grade a month ago.

Nowadays, M1 grade range so big?

Eh, what range you referring to? If you are an Engineer in ST and you follow the above formula linearly, You should realise that you are getting an estimated fresh grad first class honors local/good university salary with NS (market rate as per govt's data; after 20% salary adjustment in June 2016).

For sharing, E5 is the starting grade for local uni fresh grad in ST. Next is E6 and then followed by M1. The title is as such, Engineer (E5) -> Senior Engineer (E6) -> Assistant Principle Engineer (M1/M2).

For Govt's Stat Board, it is Engineer (grade 12/13) uni fresh grad -> Executive Engineer -> Senior Engineer.

Also, govt's yearly increment is way higher than ST's 1- 2% annually.

Unregistered 01-10-2019 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123792)
Eh, what range you referring to? If you are an Engineer in ST and you follow the above formula linearly, You should realise that you are getting an estimated fresh grad first class honors local/good university salary with NS (market rate as per govt's data; after 20% salary adjustment in June 2016).

For sharing, E5 is the starting grade for local uni fresh grad in ST. Next is E6 and then followed by M1. The title is as such, Engineer (E5) -> Senior Engineer (E6) -> Assistant Principle Engineer (M1/M2).

For Govt's Stat Board, it is Engineer (grade 12/13) uni fresh grad -> Executive Engineer -> Senior Engineer.

Also, govt's yearly increment is way higher than ST's 1- 2% annually.

I'm referring to M1 salary range. Apparently 6.8k is still within M1 salary range.