Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 21-09-2020 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145952)
if it is you, which will you choose? Take compensation package then go find another job or stay then find another job?

Its pretty straightforward for me. If its me, I will definitely take the compensation package if im the one. Since I'm quite consistent at keeping my skillset up to date.
With my current skillsst its pretty easy for me to get to a land to a new job with better prospect.

However there is still a handful of ppl who are trained specifically for certain proprietary systems those are the ones thaf we should be worrying about during this exercise.

Unregistered 21-09-2020 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145935)
A month for a year + additional 2.5 months

Electronics only or ST Engineering as a whole?

Unregistered 21-09-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145953)
Its pretty straightforward for me. If its me, I will definitely take the compensation package if im the one. Since I'm quite consistent at keeping my skillset up to date.
With my current skillsst its pretty easy for me to get to a land to a new job with better prospect.

However there is still a handful of ppl who are trained specifically for certain proprietary systems those are the ones thaf we should be worrying about during this exercise.

Do you think they allow you to negotiate your compensation package?

Unregistered 24-09-2020 01:13 PM

i am schedule for an interivew at st electronics for system assurance engineer contract role
anyone have experience regarding the role?

also was told that there is no aws, so the salary will be adjusted according?
currently drawing 3.5k with aws perm role

Unregistered 24-09-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146141)
i am schedule for an interivew at st electronics for system assurance engineer contract role

Still hiring? LOL. Yes there is no AWS already since it’s been included into the the basic salary since the new hiring rules kick in from January 2019. No more SSOS share scheme and no more NDP special payout too.

Btw first round of retrenchment finish and those who accept the package to leave end of September.

Unregistered 24-09-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146141)

contract directly with st or recruitment company?

Yes, no aws. Salary was adjusted when aws was removed

Unregistered 24-09-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146149)
Still hiring? LOL. Yes there is no AWS already since it’s been included into the the basic salary since the new hiring rules kick in from January 2019. No more SSOS share scheme and no more NDP special payout too.

Btw first round of retrenchment finish and those who accept the package to leave end of September.

yeah was surprised when i got called for interview as everyone said ST is having retrenchment. thank you
so can probably negotiate with them for salary matching higher than my current one with aws?

Unregistered 24-09-2020 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146150)
contract directly with st or recruitment company?

Yes, no aws. Salary was adjusted when aws was removed

from recruitment company, i see
is the chance of converting to perm high?

Unregistered 24-09-2020 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146158)
from recruitment company, i see
is the chance of converting to perm high?

If is recruitment company, then your pay is handle by the recruitment company.

The chances of getting converted is pretty slim tbh. usually will ask if you want to renew, and see if your supervisor in st wants to renew you or not

Unregistered 24-09-2020 10:22 PM

Yes I agree that ST is no longer iron rice bowl. They didn’t officially “retrench”. But they used terms like mutually separation package or ex gratia payment for the “retrenchment” package.