Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 29-06-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140233)
got ar... my side is LSG... we got QA tester ... developer and even a person who is just in charge of the SVN and the compiling of code....

the tester job is to test the developer code and mark it as passed in jira... then they are supposed to come out with test cases for the end user UAT......

their job really is the relax one....

somemore, same pay as a developer......

Not all so good life. Some become saikang warrior, even coding and scripting.

Unregistered 29-06-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140263)
If 1 programmer do everything... that means ur project too small scale. On my side, only medium scale projects with cater for dedicated testers to help and those projects are likely to specific tests due to contractual reqyirements.

No leh. Started with 5 developer. One by one left. Boss didn't want to hire to replace even thought contractually that 5 man power is already catered for. So end up 4 ppl do 5 people job. Then another lecg. 3 ppl do 5 people job.

Now only left 2. It's a matter of who throw letter first and sabo the other.

I'll be leaving soon after covid. Really Can't be bothered. Wage freeze. Bonus not fantastic. Requiment demand from customer so much. No developer. Boss also don't care. They only care about reporting upwards.

I'm prepared to throw letter during the final phase before roll out.

Really rally can't give a **** since the company doesn't give a **** either.

Unregistered 29-06-2020 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140273)
No leh. Started with 5 developer. One by one left. Boss didn't want to hire to replace even thought contractually that 5 man power is already catered for. So end up 4 ppl do 5 people job. Then another lecg. 3 ppl do 5 people job.

Now only left 2. It's a matter of who throw letter first and sabo the other.

I'll be leaving soon after covid. Really Can't be bothered. Wage freeze. Bonus not fantastic. Requiment demand from customer so much. No developer. Boss also don't care. They only care about reporting upwards.

I'm prepared to throw letter during the final phase before roll out.

Really rally can't give a **** since the company doesn't give a **** either.

It just means that your contract don't have such requirements. (software safety etc...)
I feel you bro. Sometimes the bosses really don't know how to think. Saving cost from hiring often leads to demoralizing of existing headcount making projects to be on fire and higher chance of LD...
Why kill a goose that lays egg?

Unregistered 30-06-2020 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140277)
It just means that your contract don't have such requirements. (software safety etc...)
I feel you bro. Sometimes the bosses really don't know how to think. Saving cost from hiring often leads to demoralizing of existing headcount making projects to be on fire and higher chance of LD...
Why kill a goose that lays egg?

Frankly if I'm the boss I also can't be bothered. Save my own self. Dying project. First sign of distress. Faster leave. Don't be the hero and stay behind. Your bonus won't be x5 even though you doing 5 developer work.

Unregistered 30-06-2020 03:29 PM

Assistant Principle Engineer Payscale

Anyone know the payscale for APE in ST?

Unregistered 30-06-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134196)
But I also seem some 3 yearz E5 3 years E6 2 years M1 now M2 liao.

But nobody like that guy. Suck up to boss and sweet talker.

Sounds like someone I know. Within 5 years jump from E6 to M2.

Unregistered 30-06-2020 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140347)
Sounds like someone I know. Within 5 years jump from E6 to M2.

And I know someone who has been with ST for 6 years still E5.

ScottTTK 01-07-2020 11:56 AM

What is the pay range for commercial M2?

Unregistered 01-07-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottTTK (Post 140447)
What is the pay range for commercial M2?

yea let us know. the old schme M2 is like 7.5k

Unregistered 02-07-2020 05:46 AM

Got offer from HR yesterday, for M3 position, I am mid 40s, 17+ years experience in electronics. Package is around 9.2k per month, 2-3 months bonus annually. I find the overall package is rather mediocre but I heard it is a good place for retirement and I am few years away from my 50s so want to "settle down" so to speak. I heard ST environment quite relax one? I'm willing to trade off my future potential for this iron rice bowl.

Curious if anyone know if I work here till I am in my late 50s, will I have any shot of being promoted to M4? I am leaning towards accepting this offer due to stability offered. Should I counteroffer slightly higher? Anyone know the range for M3?