Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 07-02-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201745)
Can confirm I worked here for 2 years. The pace is so slow. Nothing to do. Everyday have to pretend to work on something. It's really tiring. Running out of "updates" to give

lol, bo bian ar, wan to do thing and arrange to go site, but every time, dunno is it god love me. either the site closed cos govt law or site got covid case cannot access.

Unregistered 08-02-2022 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201745)
Can confirm I worked here for 2 years. The pace is so slow. Nothing to do. Everyday have to pretend to work on something. It's really tiring. Running out of "updates" to give

Especially if your work depends on the development team. I went more than 6 months giving the same updates every week because the project requirements kept changing and development kept getting delayed. I left the company not long after.

Unregistered 09-02-2022 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199710)
The teabreak not free one. Eat into your work hours.
That's why people 8am to 5pm. ST 8am to 5.45pm

The tea breaks are from 10 to 10:30 and 3 to 3:30? :o

Unregistered 09-02-2022 08:41 PM

Sounds like a bunch of overpaid freeloaders.

Unregistered 10-02-2022 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202206)

What u say is true. All zuo bo one. Regret join ST

Unregistered 10-02-2022 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202206)

I disagree. There are a lot of learning opportunities here.

Unregistered 10-02-2022 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202275)
I disagree. There are a lot of learning opportunities here.

Yes. Like how to zuo bo, it is an art to be able to zuo bo without being seen as zuo bo.
Play politics, master the art of taichi, learn how to phantom, tell new recruits to learn to accept the culture.

Unregistered 10-02-2022 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202277)
Yes. Like how to zuo bo, it is an art to be able to zuo bo without being seen as zuo bo.
Play politics, master the art of taichi, learn how to phantom, tell new recruits to learn to accept the culture.

You forgot how to go for super long lunch and super long tea break

Unregistered 10-02-2022 11:02 AM

How is ST infosec working enviroment and culture?

Unregistered 10-02-2022 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202292)

this has been asked many times. no difference.

Unregistered 10-02-2022 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202292)

If you want to learn something useful and stay competitive, IMHO, don't join anything ST.
It is a good place if you cannot handle competition and just want somewhere to relax and retire.

Unregistered 10-02-2022 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202328)
If you want to learn something useful and stay competitive, IMHO, don't join anything ST.
It is a good place if you cannot handle competition and just want somewhere to relax and retire.

yup no real customers. all their customers are friend friend type.

Unregistered 12-02-2022 01:55 PM

true that all in st act like they working, especially those that work 10 plus year but still at "working" level and is st contract. i in SI UIS and there is senior engineer vbp here work 14years but everyday can act blur and complain not fair, do abit of small minor work, then suck up to big boss. but all the new jobline e5 engineer need become pm without much support. intern also do more work than this vbp.

suppose to come office everyday but somehow can say they have meeting outside, but cannot answer who he meet. come in office also keep go meeting room to chit chat. one week maybe at most do 1hour of actual work. and the 1 hour is slowly do.

if you all want good live, come join si uis. nvr do work also wont have problem, this senior engineer is living sentiment that st really is a retirement home even if you are contract. this guy is only a example, inside this department got people that watch stock whole day and bring ipad watch or just play music. quite fk up. if lks ask his department to report daily activitiy and how long they spend on each activity then confirm will have a few that have nothing to write. waste UIS money keep these people that is not even ex-regulars. even if go office also is just sit there chit chat. the camera in SI totally for show.

i suspect that most likely is some hanky panky stuff behind the scene if not no chance 14 years in st but nothing happen. he also no hair much hair so if put wig then maybe 重口味 people will be ok.

Unregistered 12-02-2022 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202652)
true that all in st act like they working, especially those that work 10 plus year but still at "working" level and is st contract. i in SI UIS and there is senior engineer vbp here work 14years but everyday can act blur and complain not fair, do abit of small minor work, then suck up to big boss. but all the new jobline e5 engineer need become pm without much support. intern also do more work than this vbp.

suppose to come office everyday but somehow can say they have meeting outside, but cannot answer who he meet. come in office also keep go meeting room to chit chat. one week maybe at most do 1hour of actual work. and the 1 hour is slowly do.

if you all want good live, come join si uis. nvr do work also wont have problem, this senior engineer is living sentiment that st really is a retirement home even if you are contract. this guy is only a example, inside this department got people that watch stock whole day and bring ipad watch or just play music. quite fk up. if lks ask his department to report daily activitiy and how long they spend on each activity then confirm will have a few that have nothing to write. waste UIS money keep these people that is not even ex-regulars. even if go office also is just sit there chit chat. the camera in SI totally for show.

i suspect that most likely is some hanky panky stuff behind the scene if not no chance 14 years in st but nothing happen. he also no hair much hair so if put wig then maybe 重口味 people will be ok.

Jitao name him liao maitu liao say till so obvious hehe

Unregistered 12-02-2022 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202657)
Jitao name him liao maitu liao say till so obvious hehe

14 years still just senior engineer meh?
I know of people who 6 years already gone from E5 to E6 to M1.
Then obviously is cannot make it one la.

Cause 14 years outside you would have been principal engineer already.
No standard one ST. Those selected for promotion are their own gang one. Then just arrow all the outsource staff. Dunno how many years ST say will convert outsource to perm. One division can have perm position for managers.

People think ST hire is for talent. Not really la. All those position all filed up by either ex regular la or friend of managers la or connection la. No talent will stay in ST. They only hire for headcount to do the job nobody wants to go. Then their perm staff those senior managers just micromanage you and then take credit for your work. And then this perm staff are the one who get promoted.

Those stay until 14 years are those that can't go anywhere. And maybe since he 14years still just senior engineer and no room for promotion, he probably also bochup lo.

ST alot of snake eater la. Outside you have no skills, bye bye. Here... Different la. The 14 years senior engineer is working. But unlike you, he is working to play politics to climb up the chain la.

This Covid-19 period really show in working world, alot of position is not essential. Just a company money drain.

Where you can have low paid cleaning crew, etc whose job are more essential than all this office workers.
In the past, everyone wants to be "manager". Why? Cause its higher pay and just tell people to do work.

Nowadays the focus have shift to actual talent. Someone who can make amateur video on or male Tik tok viral videos for company is more valuable than so called managers.

Managers are overpriced and overpaid position. Especially in ST, where everyone is a manager. Even in E5 are also called managers. Project manager. Lol.

But the sad fact is ST thrives for under performing people.

Unregistered 12-02-2022 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202663)

No standard one ST. Those selected for promotion are their own gang one. Then just arrow all the outsource staff. Dunno how many years ST say will convert outsource to perm. One division can have perm position for managers.

People think ST hire is for talent. Not really la. All those position all filed up by either ex regular la or friend of managers la or connection la. No talent will stay in ST. They only hire for headcount to do the job nobody wants to go. Then their perm staff those senior managers just micromanage you and then take credit for your work. And then this perm staff are the one who get promoted.

Those stay until 14 years are those that can't go anywhere. And maybe since he 14years still just senior engineer and no room for promotion, he probably also bochup lo.

ST alot of snake eater la. Outside you have no skills, bye bye. Here... Different la. The 14 years senior engineer is working. But unlike you, he is working to play politics to climb up the chain la.

This Covid-19 period really show in working world, alot of position is not essential. Just a company money drain.

Where you can have low paid cleaning crew, etc whose job are more essential than all this office workers.
In the past, everyone wants to be "manager". Why? Cause its higher pay and just tell people to do work.

Nowadays the focus have shift to actual talent. Someone who can make amateur video on or male Tik tok viral videos for company is more valuable than so called managers.

Managers are overpriced and overpaid position. Especially in ST, where everyone is a manager. Even in E5 are also called managers. Project manager. Lol.

Bro i hearsay ST also got something like hot skills allowance on top of monthly base? Can referral me in? I wan eat snake for life like puachuteng too hehe

Unregistered 12-02-2022 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202665)
Bro i hearsay ST also got something like hot skills allowance on top of monthly base? Can referral me in? I wan eat snake for life like puachuteng too hehe

Not easy to eat snake la. Like the poster from the few message above, it's so obvious.
Everyday have to hide the ipad watch movie etc. Very stressful one.

At least outside, you can look busy but very peaceful.

Here, it's so stress everyday come work nothing to do. Falling asleep have to keep going meeting room and make up things to do.

Hehe.

Unregistered 12-02-2022 05:15 PM

Wow... is ST really that bad? Sounds like a whole company of JLB who cannot survive the outside world.

Unregistered 12-02-2022 05:49 PM

hilarious

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202677)
Wow... is ST really that bad? Sounds like a whole company of JLB who cannot survive the outside world.

ahbuden, all no skills one. their skills are just play politics and suck up to boss thats how they keep getting promoted. anything just push down to those E5 engineers. work them until they quit. new people join after a while also realised that they are the one doing all the work with no support but their managers take all the credit. so they quit.

then those manager get promoted, not their problem liao.

i still remember my team have an M1 who was promoted to M2 back then. he complained that his pay so low. Complain to us E5 and E6 that his pay 2 ranks above us is so low.

we go to work on public bus and mrt.

he drive a car every day and come later than us everyday.

wanna complain, complain to the wrong crowd bro.

Unregistered 12-02-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

what you say is true except the E5 are called manager, st nv give them the title, alot is self claimed one.

alot of those jiak liao bee nothing to show case, will just say they are this manager that leader and hope that they will get a better offer.

Unregistered 14-02-2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202684)
ahbuden, all no skills one. their skills are just play politics and suck up to boss thats how they keep getting promoted. anything just push down to those E5 engineers. work them until they quit. new people join after a while also realised that they are the one doing all the work with no support but their managers take all the credit. so they quit.

then those manager get promoted, not their problem liao.

i still remember my team have an M1 who was promoted to M2 back then. he complained that his pay so low. Complain to us E5 and E6 that his pay 2 ranks above us is so low.

we go to work on public bus and mrt.

he drive a car every day and come later than us everyday.

wanna complain, complain to the wrong crowd bro.

With this sort of management and staffs, how did you all survive the abrasive Corporate world with the competition going on.

Unregistered 14-02-2022 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202919)
With this sort of management and staffs, how did you all survive the abrasive Corporate world with the competition going on.

People don't come to ST to work and gain a xperience la.
People join ST to retire and play politics, connection

Unregistered 14-02-2022 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202687)
what you say is true except the E5 are called manager, st nv give them the title, alot is self claimed one.

alot of those jiak liao bee nothing to show case, will just say they are this manager that leader and hope that they will get a better offer.

Title or not nvm bah, amount I getting at of e month more important hehe

Unregistered 14-02-2022 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202922)
People don't come to ST to work and gain a xperience la.
People join ST to retire and play politics, connection

Wah... liddat better pray no reorg or restructure otherwise made redundant sure SBJL.
But ST wun reorg one lah... stable like tarzan mountain.

Unregistered 14-02-2022 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202950)
Wah... liddat better pray no reorg or restructure otherwise made redundant sure SBJL.
But ST wun reorg one lah... stable like tarzan mountain.

Tiagong reorg soon hor, end of the year.

Unregistered 15-02-2022 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202952)
Tiagong reorg soon hor, end of the year.

ST even reorg also wun retrench one. It is the most stable company in Singapore.

Unregistered 15-02-2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Those who are always overlooked for promotion may not be incompetent, it's pure politics at work.

My previous division has a PM who is the management pet. Always given high profile projects, claiming all the credits but pushed the blame. He can't manage projects and he can blatantly tell you in the face he did not keep track of the project timeline.

However, because of his tai chi skills, he promoted from E6 to M3 within 5 years. Projects bleeding money but management trusted his words that the support teams are not performing.

My former division lost a lot of experienced and capable (even new) software engineers because of him. One ridiculous incident was he told the management the software engineers could not come out with a solution for a complaint by customer. The senior management immediately went on a witch hunt. What they do not know was the PM wanted the software engineers to solve an issue which was caused by poor hardware design. When explained to the bosses, they brushed off by saying the software engineers did not communicate and explain fully to the PM. The software team told him since day 1 there is no way software can perform a miracle and solve hardware design issues.

Due to this fact, engineers in all the teams are mostly overlooked for promotion. Out of every 10 promotions, at least 6 to 7 will be the engineers under this PM. How he casted a bad light on all other supporting teams, more than 70% of the staff when I joined left within 3 years. I left shortly after that. Those who left are mostly M2s and above, or the highly regarded E5s and E6s with NTU first class honours.

Unregistered 15-02-2022 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203020)
Those who are always overlooked for promotion may not be incompetent, it's pure politics at work.

My previous division has a PM who is the management pet. Always given high profile projects, claiming all the credits but pushed the blame. He can't manage projects and he can blatantly tell you in the face he did not keep track of the project timeline.

However, because of his tai chi skills, he promoted from E6 to M3 within 5 years. Projects bleeding money but management trusted his words that the support teams are not performing.

My former division lost a lot of experienced and capable (even new) software engineers because of him. One ridiculous incident was he told the management the software engineers could not come out with a solution for a complaint by customer. The senior management immediately went on a witch hunt. What they do not know was the PM wanted the software engineers to solve an issue which was caused by poor hardware design. When explained to the bosses, they brushed off by saying the software engineers did not communicate and explain fully to the PM. The software team told him since day 1 there is no way software can perform a miracle and solve hardware design issues.

Due to this fact, engineers in all the teams are mostly overlooked for promotion. Out of every 10 promotions, at least 6 to 7 will be the engineers under this PM. How he casted a bad light on all other supporting teams, more than 70% of the staff when I joined left within 3 years. I left shortly after that. Those who left are mostly M2s and above, or the highly regarded E5s and E6s with NTU first class honours.

What’s his name ? So I can avoid him in future.

Unregistered 15-02-2022 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203035)
What’s his name ? So I can avoid him in future.

Can't avoid one la...too many such ppl in st

Unregistered 15-02-2022 11:48 PM

Some received salary review in january 2022 while others did not.

Unregistered 16-02-2022 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203123)

I thought salary review is in July?

Unregistered 16-02-2022 08:31 AM

Nonsense one

In a time when division need to cut man power etc, outsource don't get renewed... You can have perm staff getting promoted.

As an outsource staff, this is really unfair.

But then the perm staff will complain that they get promoted during Covid-19 means their increment is lower.

If salary freeze, headcount freeze... Why are people still getting promoted?

Unregistered 16-02-2022 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203145)
In a time when division need to cut man power etc, outsource don't get renewed... You can have perm staff getting promoted.

As an outsource staff, this is really unfair.

But then the perm staff will complain that they get promoted during Covid-19 means their increment is lower.

If salary freeze, headcount freeze... Why are people still getting promoted?

Not all perm staff get promotion first. their scholar and pet promotion first.

Unregistered 16-02-2022 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203149)

Since this company is so full of imbeciles and toxic, why aren't you all leaving? Or too used to the slow and lazy environment that you can't leave?

Unregistered 16-02-2022 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203138)
I thought salary review is in July?

January only applicable to selected employees, July is the usual annual review.

Unregistered 16-02-2022 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203166)
Since this company is so full of imbeciles and toxic, why aren't you all leaving? Or too used to the slow and lazy environment that you can't leave?

Now looking for job just waiting people call interview.

Unregistered 16-02-2022 01:14 PM

Quote:

This comment is right on point.

Unregistered 16-02-2022 01:32 PM

Quote:

You dun like you can go lor... like we owe you liddat. You so good Go and find mnc la... C who want to hire you.

Unregistered 16-02-2022 02:34 PM

Wayang artist

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203186)
You dun like you can go lor... like we owe you liddat. You so good Go and find mnc la... C who want to hire you.

This is why everyone in ST just eat snake. Work so hard only those pet get promoted.
Then work for what.

All wayang one la. The performance bonus is based on how good is your acting performance.

Unregistered 16-02-2022 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203123)

pay freeze in 2020 and 2021 for all staff.
All staff should be given this "review", why limited to some only?

At least return back the pay freeze increment for the last 2 years to all is a better approach and fairness.

-_-"