Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 20-06-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138946)
Heard that FCH (Local U) gets 5.1~5.3k depending if your degree is computer science or not. Can anyonr confirm?


Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138977)
Wah fresh grad 5.1k? So much.
During covid-19 some more. Fresh grad this year are so delusional

No, DSTA only paid 4.5 - 4.9k for local Uni Computer science fresh grad last year, ST pays more like 4k - 4.2k without AWS for Local U. FCH wouldn't apply for ST. ST may not take them as they may leave quickly.

Unregistered 20-06-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139063)
No, DSTA only paid 4.5 - 4.9k for local Uni Computer science fresh grad last year, ST pays more like 4k - 4.2k without AWS for Local U. FCH wouldn't apply for ST. ST may not take them as they may leave quickly.

Bosses will reject FCH application just for fun and rather take in their own gang of 3rd class honors or 2nd lower...

To them, it's easier to command an average person than to lead a highly motivated intellectual person.

So to avoid that, they will ask u come interview... yes... but reject you just for fun. I been there. My friend 2nd lower got in. I didn't. But thankfully, now I'm thriving in GovTech.

Thank god I didn't make the mistake of joining ST.

Unregistered 20-06-2020 11:42 AM

a typical IT engineer from fresh grad 1st class with 5 years exp at GovTech will get how much basic salary. Assume average C performance for all these 5 years.

Just do a comparison

Unregistered 20-06-2020 12:15 PM

Join ST if you want an
- work life balance
- hardly any overtime
- projects takes years to materialize
- most of the time engineers just slack come late office
- breakfast until 930 am
- then 2 hours later blank stare..
- 1130 am then lunch liao
- go 2 hours lunch come back 130pm
- maybe have 1 meeting per week.
- sit in push here push there
- tea break
- tomorrow prepare for the next week meeting.

But expect
Average pay
Average progression
Lots of politics
No chance to promote cause all those occupying the spaces are like 20 years with ST
See fresh grad high pay 4.2k join in.
They can't do anything.
Boss ask you to guide them.
You also can't guide them cause you yourself also dun have the skill
So you push the responsibility to fresh grad.
Fresh grad fed up finally leave 1 or 2 years.
Rinse and repeat until someone else eventually quit.

Unregistered 20-06-2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139080)
Join ST if you want an
- work life balance
- hardly any overtime
- projects takes years to materialize
- most of the time engineers just slack come late office
- breakfast until 930 am
- then 2 hours later blank stare..
- 1130 am then lunch liao
- go 2 hours lunch come back 130pm
- maybe have 1 meeting per week.
- sit in push here push there
- tea break
- tomorrow prepare for the next week meeting.

But expect
Average pay
Average progression
Lots of politics
No chance to promote cause all those occupying the spaces are like 20 years with ST
See fresh grad high pay 4.2k join in.
They can't do anything.
Boss ask you to guide them.
You also can't guide them cause you yourself also dun have the skill
So you push the responsibility to fresh grad.
Fresh grad fed up finally leave 1 or 2 years.
Rinse and repeat until someone else eventually quit.

This. Was from marine. But culture should be similar. Depends on dept, have to expect heavier workload and overtime. Will meet afew deadweights in the organisation dragging the whole project but you cannot do anything much to move forward.

SAF combo with DSTA will just feed on you for all the work for certain projects. And they get paid higher than you. Many fresh grads that entered within afew months want to go already, those with bonds will likely leave when time is up.

Unless you are the top tier scholar, then make sense to develop a career. If not, please join SAF or DSTA instead. Don't be the bottom of the foodchain.

Unregistered 20-06-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138946)
Heard that FCH (Local U) gets 5.1~5.3k depending if your degree is computer science or not. Can anyonr confirm?

For this... 2019 batch i heard of 1 FCH that is getting this pay range.
*Disclaimer* I didn't verify with the person myself just heard from one of his fren.

Anyways, for those FCH that are really capable, i would suggest you all joining somewhere else with greater prospect. Govt related firm offers aren't as attractive compared to private companies outside that specialize in specific IT domains.

Unregistered 20-06-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139063)
No, DSTA only paid 4.5 - 4.9k for local Uni Computer science fresh grad last year, ST pays more like 4k - 4.2k without AWS for Local U. FCH wouldn't apply for ST. ST may not take them as they may leave quickly.

Actually it's more like 5k~ for CS/EEE with NS, FCH of course, bonus package bigger than ST as well. Source : Seniors who got into DSTA. Personally given the feedback from both seniors and in this forum I will look into joining HTX/DSTA instead.

Unregistered 21-06-2020 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139122)
Actually it's more like 5k~ for CS/EEE with NS, FCH of course, bonus package bigger than ST as well. Source : Seniors who got into DSTA. Personally given the feedback from both seniors and in this forum I will look into joining HTX/DSTA instead.

Maybe DSTA also don't want you. Haha

Unregistered 21-06-2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138977)
Wah fresh grad 5.1k? So much.
During covid-19 some more. Fresh grad this year are so delusional

Nah not 5.1k in ST. They pay 4.3 for fch in comp sci. Waste of time.

5k fch is DSTA / DSO / GovTech PRE-COVID (had offers). But not sure about situation now. Highly unlikely to change as market rate for comp sci still not changing (yet) as most established tech companies still offering same as pre-covid.

But then if you're good enough to join GovTech you should try for private sectors. They easily pay 20-30% more even as fresh grad if you pass their interviews.

Unregistered 21-06-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139154)
Maybe DSTA also don't want you. Haha

Have received verbal offer awaiting G50 clearance, for dsta.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2