Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

zero_88 16-06-2020 11:09 PM

Is the environment good for ST electronics now?

Now can work?

I dun want to programming already, just want to work my due and go home

Unregistered 17-06-2020 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138462)
No wonder people keep saying ST is a retirement village. It's because of this kind of thought.
In thr business world. If you don't work. Don't bring value to the company. Why keep you?

In this current age fresh grad competiting for job. Inflation. Fresh grad starting pay already 4.5k... Some even asking for 5k+ and you are content with 6k+ doing nothing.

No wonder my friend who work in ST keep saying everything is ding dong push here push there. Nobody want to do. All want to siam work. Cause all just want to twite with 6k do nothing..

No skills.

Disappointing. No wonder. New fresh grad. I hear this story. I also tell my friends etc don't JOIN ST until you are ready to retire

Guess you have never been in ST before... tbh... this group of ppl is one of those that you will appreciate working with. They are more likely to share their skills and experience with you.

Unregistered 17-06-2020 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 138576)
Is the environment good for ST electronics now?

Now can work?

I dun want to programming already, just want to work my due and go home

It depends on how you see things?
Working environment in terms of ppl working together its still quite conducive.
But if you are referring to workload. Some teams are more overloaded than the other teams. It really depends on where you are landed to.

Unregistered 17-06-2020 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 138576)
Is the environment good for ST electronics now?

Now can work?

I dun want to programming already, just want to work my due and go home

nope still same. ppl on contract. come and go. no ownership and liability. project push here and there back and forth. old people keep siaming project.

hire new ppl on contract clueless how to run the project. rinse and repeat.

Unregistered 17-06-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138568)
no, i am referring to the E6 who work hard but DO NOT wish to do management work. These people are usually the technical people and they enjoy exploring new technology, guiding new people who just joined ST. they work hard but reject promotion from E6 to M1 because they DISLIKE doing management work. They are certainly not jiak liao bee and they do not siam the work or push it to others..

I am just saying they have a stable job and stable pay. i never said they are doing nothing and getting 6k+, please read properly..

They bring alot of value to the company with their rich experiences in many past projects and with them working from the bottom with a diploma makes them a great mentor for the fresh grad new joiners..

but yes they do intend to retire here, it is indeed a stable job doing def related work. The people that i am referring to work hard. What's wrong with staying here for a stable job but with no intend to do management work with their many years of experience? they owe you a living? Or are you the type of person that work so hard to try to get A grading but every year just get a C grading then stuck at E6 for 10 years then want to criticize the entire organisation?

Some M1 grade is having pay lower than old bird E6, but M1 considered Asst. Manager and need to take care of budget and profit. They kenna screwed by their bosses most of the time and under more pressure than E6. If you want to retire, why take up more responsibilities which sometimes are beyond your control? Some M1 grade are holding appointments like Deputy Dept Manager which is really under paid work compared to other industries.

Unregistered 17-06-2020 07:36 PM

Agree with the above...in fact I have colleague with M1 pay only $4200 (old scheme) after 8 yrs since fresh degree grad

Unregistered 18-06-2020 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138568)
no, i am referring to the E6 who work hard but DO NOT wish to do management work. These people are usually the technical people and they enjoy exploring new technology, guiding new people who just joined ST. they work hard but reject promotion from E6 to M1 because they DISLIKE doing management work. They are certainly not jiak liao bee and they do not siam the work or push it to others..

I am just saying they have a stable job and stable pay. i never said they are doing nothing and getting 6k+, please read properly..

They bring alot of value to the company with their rich experiences in many past projects and with them working from the bottom with a diploma makes them a great mentor for the fresh grad new joiners..

but yes they do intend to retire here, it is indeed a stable job doing def related work. The people that i am referring to work hard. What's wrong with staying here for a stable job but with no intend to do management work with their many years of experience? they owe you a living? Or are you the type of person that work so hard to try to get A grading but every year just get a C grading then stuck at E6 for 10 years then want to criticize the entire organisation?

Sad for you working for 10 years as E6.
I only joined ST less than 5 years.
Joined as E6, promoted to M1 and now M2.
Working directly under one of the sVP don't mention who.
Pontentially on track to get promoted in a year or two if I manage to win this project for the company.

Keep working hard at 6k++.
Im already earning 8k++ aiming for 10k to 15k soon.

Unregistered 18-06-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138703)
Sad for you working for 10 years as E6.
I only joined ST less than 5 years.
Joined as E6, promoted to M1 and now M2.
Working directly under one of the sVP don't mention who.
Pontentially on track to get promoted in a year or two if I manage to win this project for the company.

Keep working hard at 6k++.
Im already earning 8k++ aiming for 10k to 15k soon.

Wah.. you must be a top performer

Unregistered 18-06-2020 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138705)
Wah.. you must be a top performer

Don't have le. I have to thank all the willing hardworking E6, don't need to be told what to do.
They just do it. I report the project success to management. Project report. Update.

Management promote me. Thanks to all the E6.

Unregistered 18-06-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138703)
Sad for you working for 10 years as E6.
I only joined ST less than 5 years.
Joined as E6, promoted to M1 and now M2.
Working directly under one of the sVP don't mention who.
Pontentially on track to get promoted in a year or two if I manage to win this project for the company.

Keep working hard at 6k++.
Im already earning 8k++ aiming for 10k to 15k soon.

That time you join as E6, what is your salary at that time (should be under old scheme)?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2