Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

zero_88 28-10-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111223)
Roughly the increment for GLC is how much? Is there a formula or approximation given years of service/experience?

Assuming a fresh IT grad today starts at 3.6k, I take it as the average salary. Every year add a fixed $100 or $50? Or a percentage of the salary e.g. 3% to 4% adjustment?

most people is $50 la

dun have too high hope

the performance is base on whether your boss like you or not

just assume is $50 per year

Unregistered 29-10-2018 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 111214)
I work in ST

Con - politics
I can tell, really a lot of politics one, cos ST Electronics himself is TOO BIG

gt different division, then those old people like to stalk at people and see what are u doing, like are u surfing the web, or doing real work, and you tio mark bo dai bo ji, I know some people tio marked b4, just becos the old people management "don't like u"

I can say, there dun focus on the output of the work, but rather people skill, social skill and how well u able to interact with colleague

(almost) everyone damn fake and wear mask everyday. But there are still nice people around

Pro is - really very slack most the times, but of cos thing u must do la, sometimes need to go down to site and do testing. Sometimes will go home quite late but once in a blue moon kind, you also wun stay alone la.

Working timing is sibei flexible one, if you know the boss on leave, you can come work at 10am, nobody know unless your colleague bao toh you (which refer to the first point of office politics). If you miss your breakfast, can go out for a breakfast and start work at your free time.

1130pm lunch, lunch is no fixed time, but we usually go at 1130pm, can come back anytime, usually we come back at 1230pm

OT is optional, actually how much work u done, nobody know, even your boss also dun know, cos they will not check on you. You need to DELIVER something by the end of the day. BUT, if your co worker, blackmouth you or complain say u nvr do thing, YOU KENNA. Back to point 1, KEEP A GOOD RELATIONSHIP with your colleagues.

Take MC and leave is piece of cake, you can easily take 2 day mc, I still gt about 10 days of MC for this year havent finish

Conclusion
-------------

I recommend this to people who are like to chup and smoke and mix with people, generally 30+ to 40+. Don't mind wear a mask everyday and keep good relationship with colleague at all time. It is very stable.

If you are introvert, young and vibrant, and also like to experiment new technology or like to be alone, this is really not a place for you.

Salary is above average, just above the line of average. Bonus is good

If vs NCS, I would choose ST over NCS

How many months is the average bonus for ST?

How about the yearly increment part?

zero_88 29-10-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111239)
How many months is the average bonus for ST?

How about the yearly increment part?

I already told $50 liao

you want me to say how many time?

Unregistered 29-10-2018 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 111259)
I already told $50 liao

you want me to say how many time?

you under contract? full-time staff usually will get 3% (C+ grade)

bonus varies for different SBA ... avg is about 4/3/2/1.5. contract staff will usually get about half of full-time staff

Unregistered 31-10-2018 11:33 AM

Fresh grad here.
  • Is it a good place for unambitious tech-oriented hands-on people?
  • Looking for a stable company that won't retrench and will always renew contract
  • Not interested in climbing career ladder or moving up to management or team lead role
  • Just be engineer/senior engineer working on assigned project(s) day-to-day
  • Not interested in playing politics to backstab colleagues or coworkers

Just hoping to live on the yearly increment and pay adjustment.

Unregistered 31-10-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 111229)
most people is $50 la

dun have too high hope

the performance is base on whether your boss like you or not

just assume is $50 per year

Work there 10 years if no promotion add $500?

So fresh grads who joined 10 years ago is getting 3.6k + 500 = 4.1k today?

Unregistered 31-10-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111268)
you under contract? full-time staff usually will get 3% (C+ grade)

bonus varies for different SBA ... avg is about 4/3/2/1.5. contract staff will usually get about half of full-time staff

1.5 to 4 months performance bonus for average performers? That's quite high.

Unregistered 02-11-2018 10:31 PM

What will happened?

I had been convicted for 1 day over 10 years ago. Had been working hard with an oem for a Long time and was promoted to a senior level and was recently offered to join ST info-soft with a decent package.

I am thinking to take the dive, but worry about hr finding out about my bad past.

By the way, would original transcripts be needed? All are gone many years ago during moving..

Unregistered 04-11-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111355)
I had been convicted for 1 day over 10 years ago. Had been working hard with an oem for a Long time and was promoted to a senior level and was recently offered to join ST info-soft with a decent package.

I am thinking to take the dive, but worry about hr finding out about my bad past.

By the way, would original transcripts be needed? All are gone many years ago during moving..

Better stay, don't join

zero_88 06-11-2018 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111301)
Fresh grad here.
  • Is it a good place for unambitious tech-oriented hands-on people?
  • Looking for a stable company that won't retrench and will always renew contract
  • Not interested in climbing career ladder or moving up to management or team lead role
  • Just be engineer/senior engineer working on assigned project(s) day-to-day
  • Not interested in playing politics to backstab colleagues or coworkers

Just hoping to live on the yearly increment and pay adjustment.

unambitious tech-oriented hands-on people mean what?

Are u updated with all the latest technology?

Not interested in playing politics? I think you go where also the same

but for ST definitely have politics and one lead to another
I advise to work for big company outside corporate world and see what u really good at

lamerena 27-11-2018 09:57 AM

I have a few questions below, appreciate if someone can answer.

1)Anyone know the pay of the fresh grad now?
2)Do ST contract now provided only by agency?
3)Do ST provide its own contract 1 year contract?
4)What exactly is an outsource contract does it means by agency?
5)If yes to 3 and 4. What is the benefit different between outsource contract?

Unregistered 27-11-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamerena (Post 111939)

1) it depends on which business unit that hire you but I would say it is in the range of 3.4-3.6
2) I am not certain about that but I do know that some that received job here via agency do tend to be contract position
3)I won't say no but the trend seems to be if you directly apply to ST, odds are it's a perm position
4) I am not 100 percent sure about this but it seems that outsource contract means you are hired by another company but outsourced to ST as a worker
5) from what I can tell, if it is a contract by ST or agency to work directly to ST, you will have a higher chance of getting perm compared to outsource

This are based on what I know atm as an employee here but I could be wrong about a few things

lamerena 27-11-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111942)
1) it depends on which business unit that hire you but I would say it is in the range of 3.4-3.6
2) I am not certain about that but I do know that some that received job here via agency do tend to be contract position
3)I won't say no but the trend seems to be if you directly apply to ST, odds are it's a perm position
4) I am not 100 percent sure about this but it seems that outsource contract means you are hired by another company but outsourced to ST as a worker
5) from what I can tell, if it is a contract by ST or agency to work directly to ST, you will have a higher chance of getting perm compared to outsource

This are based on what I know atm as an employee here but I could be wrong about a few things

If it is in a range of 3.4-3.6 does it mean that ST doesnt pay you by the degree honour you have?

Any idea what do i look out for? I went for the 2nd interview last week and they verbally offer me a role. Because I am afraid I might get shortchange(example the benefit) if it is a contract by agency as I doesn't know whether ST provides its own contract for contract workers.

Unregistered 27-11-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamerena (Post 111943)
If it is in a range of 3.4-3.6 does it mean that ST doesnt pay you by the degree honour you have?

Any idea what do i look out for? I went for the 2nd interview last week and they verbally offer me a role. Because I am afraid I might get shortchange(example the benefit) if it is a contract by agency as I doesn't know whether ST provides its own contract for contract workers.

I heard they do pay extra for first class honour but I haven't met anyone with that classification so I can't really guarantee that

I assume you are being employed under ST via an agency right? In that case you should be a contract staff and usually will have limited benefits compared to perm but I am quite confident to say that you should be able to convert to perm in after a year of work. My impression is contract staff directly from ST or from another agency shouldn't have much difference benefits wise.

lamerena 27-11-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111945)
I heard they do pay extra for first class honour but I haven't met anyone with that classification so I can't really guarantee that

I assume you are being employed under ST via an agency right? In that case you should be a contract staff and usually will have limited benefits compared to perm but I am quite confident to say that you should be able to convert to perm in after a year of work. My impression is contract staff directly from ST or from another agency shouldn't have much difference benefits wise.

Currently, have an verbal offered from info-soft system 2nd interview for a data analytics role but waiting for HR for the contract details which I apply through agency.

Then I had another call last week from info-soft system but different department to go for an interview. Which she told me is cyber security on the phone but the email stated "software engineer" and the job will be attached to dsta. If in this case, will it be consider as an outsource contract?

Prospect and pay wise which job will be better?

Unregistered 27-11-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamerena (Post 111947)
Currently, have an verbal offered from info-soft system 2nd interview for a data analytics role but waiting for HR for the contract details which I apply through agency.

Then I had another call last week from info-soft system but different department to go for an interview. Which she told me is cyber security on the phone but the email stated "software engineer" and the job will be attached to dsta. If in this case, will it be consider as an outsource contract?

For the dsta one while true will be consider an outsource contract to dsta, if you are a perm position in ST then benefits wise, this will be better hands down, perm will always be better than contract staff.

To keep things simple benefit wise, just focus one thing, is your job with ST a perm or contract, don't bother with details such as outsource to dsta or whatnot

As for prospect, I assume you mean promotion and increment and my answer to that is don't expect much

Unregistered 27-11-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamerena (Post 111947)

To keep it simple benefits wise, just focus on one question, is this job with ST a perm or contract, perm again will confirm has better benefits

As for prospect, I assume u meant promotion and increment and my view is don't expect too much

Unregistered 27-11-2018 05:01 PM

Which university did you graduate from? ST is a **** company lol. only rejects go there.

lamerena 27-11-2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111954)
Which university did you graduate from? ST is a **** company lol. only rejects go there.

NTU com science

Unregistered 27-11-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamerena (Post 111963)
NTU com science

no wonder................goodluck at ST................

zero_88 28-11-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamerena (Post 111939)

for ST electronics it is 1 year contract for newly join staff, in house contract and external contract there is a different

outsource have lesser contract

zero_88 28-11-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111967)
no wonder................goodluck at ST................

Not so bad la

just that really gt many politics

dun even dream of "feedback" to upper management or ur RO

if u feedback to the management, like thing may not be right, they will tell u thing like

"You go where also the same one....", "you must learn to get used to it....", "this is how thing are for now..."

Good or bad I dk, just dun say I nvr warn u all

lamerena 28-11-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 111990)
for ST electronics it is 1 year contract for newly join staff, in house contract and external contract there is a different

outsource have lesser contract

Can ask you what is inhouse contract,external contract and outsource? And can tell me the diff maybe pay and benefit?

Unregistered 28-11-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamerena (Post 111992)
Can ask you what is inhouse contract,external contract and outsource? And can tell me the diff maybe pay and benefit?

Differences = who pay you the money: ST, Contracted Vendor for HR Services, or Sub-contractor.

Unregistered 29-11-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112003)
Differences = who pay you the money: ST, Contracted Vendor for HR Services, or Sub-contractor.

Captain Obvious retarded answer

zero_88 02-12-2018 01:20 PM

ST Electronics offer me 1 year contract renewal

But the thing is, they want me to give them an answer 1 month ahead of my contract end date. The manager tell me dun play him out if I accept his offer

Actually I already started looking for job this few month, since oct

and already gt a few promising job interview, should I accept the 1 year contract job again?

or shld I just look for perm job outside?

SushiSamurai 03-12-2018 01:47 AM

Are you the same person who posted on EDMW asking for advice? Everyone there has been telling you to take care of yourself first (i.e. accept the job offer first, but continue to look for other jobs). You're not playing anyone out if you renege on your acceptance, this is simply the name of the game.

I can see that you're a kind person since you care about not playing others out. But bear in mind it is actually not much of a harm to your ST employer even if you renege on your offer. It's just more admin work for him and the HR dept to find another candidate, as well as some minor disruption to his planning.

Meanwhile if you forsake a better job offer, that's lost earnings numbering in the thousands (and more, if you factor in future lost earnings). Or worse yet, if you choose not to accept the ST contract because you're a nice person but you end up being unable to find a new job thereafter, that's unemployment right there. Even if you do manage to find a job after you've quit your ST job, that's your bargaining from a weaker position -- how can you negotiate for a higher salary when the next potential employer knows that the alternative option for you is unemployment?

Renew your ST contract, but keep looking for better offers elsewhere too. You're too nice. You owe your boss nothing, and trust me he will screw you over instead if he had to.

Unregistered 01-01-2019 11:30 PM

Heard from my friend that there are changes to some of the hr policy, like bonus . Anyone working there can share some insights?

Unregistered 02-01-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112750)
Heard from my friend that there are changes to some of the hr policy, like bonus . Anyone working there can share some insights?

heard some "rumour" that bonus will factor into your monthly pay; higher pay but lesser bonus payout .... annual package will still remain the same

Unregistered 03-01-2019 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112779)
heard some "rumour" that bonus will factor into your monthly pay; higher pay but lesser bonus payout .... annual package will still remain the same

Lesser bonus means lower pb or no 13th month? Still got yearly increment?

xiaopangbronco 04-01-2019 08:02 PM

bonus change a lot. whole ST cutting down on perm staff.all old staff let go or ask to convert to outsource contract.

zero_88 07-01-2019 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 112822)
bonus change a lot. whole ST cutting down on perm staff.all old staff let go or ask to convert to outsource contract.

This one is true, they remove a lot of bonus and even cut off some annual lunch due to unknown reason

and share is also cut for unknown reason for new staff

Unregistered 07-01-2019 02:19 AM

So this year pb will kana cut?

Just to check also if your dept not doing well in sales project will it affect your performance bonus even if you perform well individually?

Unregistered 07-01-2019 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 112897)
This one is true, they remove a lot of bonus and even cut off some annual lunch due to unknown reason

and share is also cut for unknown reason for new staff

no wonder you went to accenture. accenture has no bonus too btw. only once a year, PB.

xiaopangbronco 17-01-2019 11:56 PM

no more shares for perm staff, bonus removed and lump into basic.

zero_88 18-01-2019 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 113205)
no more shares for perm staff, bonus removed and lump into basic.

they gt give reason or nt?

or they just say due to "restructuring"?

zero_88 29-01-2019 07:39 AM

Is it true that the basic salary increase as they take away AWS? or is basic salary the same?

Unregistered 29-01-2019 09:05 PM

Job grade and salary

hi forummer, can advise on what's the salary range and designation for an M4 at ST?
And anyone knows when does stock options kick in?

xiaopangbronco 01-02-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 113499)
Is it true that the basic salary increase as they take away AWS? or is basic salary the same?

whole cock company restructuring. they say until they heeding govt in increasing salary for engineers.govt increase 10 to 20percent. st know they cannot match so remove the mvc and put it in your basic pay.basically same **** but bonus cut across all board to save on this. c graders now 1 month bonus. in short, they cut away extra bonus and put into basic pay, give lesser bonus to make you think pay matching outside except kena low ball more

zero_88 05-02-2019 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 113578)
whole cock company restructuring. they say until they heeding govt in increasing salary for engineers.govt increase 10 to 20percent. st know they cannot match so remove the mvc and put it in your basic pay.basically same **** but bonus cut across all board to save on this. c graders now 1 month bonus. in short, they cut away extra bonus and put into basic pay, give lesser bonus to make you think pay matching outside except kena low ball more

for example

in old system is 3.5k per month+ AWS(1 month) + PB (1 month)

now under new system is 3.7k per month + PB (1 month)

$200 x 12 = $2400

so mean, instead of the AWS ($3500), you will receive $2400 per year extra compare to last time