Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 11-09-2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182588)
Hello, i am in st elec for more than 5 years as E5 and i am still E5. should i request to change department? My RO is very understanding and most of the time i can just pretend i am stress that i have alot of work to do. since covid wfh requirement, there is not much new project and nothing much to do so i mostly stay at home. afew months ago someone not from my dept is picking on me by saying im not doing work. i complain him to my RO and his RO but they did not do anything to him. For sometime during WFH is required, i went back to office so my RO AO can see i am in office working. I have been trying to do make him mess up something but i think he is aware of it and my RO is noticing it. I have also think that i am being mark since i am still E5 after i join as perm for more than 5 year. my dept have afew that join after me but promoted to E6. i am 40 soon and i have tried to apply job outside but there is no reply. should i sent email to HR or my VP, and what should i say. Thank you in advance for your advice.

You seems like a toxic colleague to have. U eat snake act stress and when your colleague single u out u report him to your ro and his ro is like shooting your foot. You send email to ceo also no use la when u stuck for 5 years without any promotion.

Internal transfer is possible u can give it a try but if you don't change your habit you will be stuck for another 5 years

Unregistered 11-09-2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Hello, i am in st elec for more than 5 years as E5 and i am still E5. should i request to change department? My RO is very understanding and most of the time i can just pretend i am stress that i have alot of work to do. since covid wfh requirement, there is not much new project and nothing much to do so i mostly stay at home. afew months ago someone not from my dept is picking on me by saying im not doing work. i complain him to my RO and his RO but they did not do anything to him. For sometime during WFH is required, i went back to office so my RO AO can see i am in office working. I have been trying to do make him mess up something but i think he is aware of it and my RO is noticing it. I have also think that i am being mark since i am still E5 after i join as perm for more than 5 year. my dept have afew that join after me but promoted to E6. i am 40 soon and i have tried to apply job outside but there is no reply. should i sent email to HR or my VP, and what should i say. Thank you in advance for your advice.

You seems like a toxic colleague to have. U eat snake act stress and when your colleague single u out u report him to your ro and his ro is like shooting your foot. You send email to ceo also no use la when u stuck for 5 years without any promotion.

Internal transfer is possible and u can give it a try but if you don't change your habit you will be stuck for another 5 years. Regarding changing of job I think at age 40 might be a little hard considering the job market situation at the moment

Unregistered 12-09-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Have you think before if you change job or change department, you work might multiply. E5 to E6, they give you how much more? 50 -100? dun waste you time.

Unregistered 13-09-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

There are divisions which promote only every 5-7 years unless the big boss likes the person. If you have nothing to do, you should talk to your sup about expanding your job scope, even if it's not permanent. At least you will look proactive while you are waiting for you part in the project to start. Sabotaging won't work, it will make you look even worse.

If you are a perm staff, try internal transfer first. If outsourced, try harder to look for job openings. If you cannot play or tolerate the politics game in ST, leave the place. It's a place for those who sell their soul to the company or for those who are at the top of the political games.

Unregistered 13-09-2021 04:05 PM

bad company

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182884)
There are divisions which promote only every 5-7 years unless the big boss likes the person. If you have nothing to do, you should talk to your sup about expanding your job scope, even if it's not permanent. At least you will look proactive while you are waiting for you part in the project to start. Sabotaging won't work, it will make you look even worse.

If you are a perm staff, try internal transfer first. If outsourced, try harder to look for job openings. If you cannot play or tolerate the politics game in ST, leave the place. It's a place for those who sell their soul to the company or for those who are at the top of the political games.

Alot of ppl in ST have no real job / purpose. Aka. everyday come office late, just check email, surf internet. meeting once a while with no action plan, nothing real, nothing transparent. paper work/document etc all outsource to lesser colleague under the pretext of "training them to be promoted" but it's actually just delegating the work to them so they dont do have to do anything. If anything wrong, its the colleague who get the blame. if nothing goes wrong, they take the credit for "training" the colleague to deliver the job. Already seen it so many times, those can do keep leaving. those who stayed behind all just "i let u decide" etc cause they have 0 skills and knowledge... but in front of boss, they can present updates like they are the only 1 person single handedly run the project during covid-19...

This covid-19 shows us clearly who is doing work and who come to work or don't come to work also make no difference. like my division got like a handful of 10++ old really old consultants. that doesnt really do anything one. one normal days also hardly see them in office. only occassionally once or twice per week.. my colleagues say those consultants are part time based etc. i dunno la, why need 10++ so many consultants. they can't provide any consultation or help also. whats the point?

My division alot of ppl quit during covid-19. like around 20 plus and counting... and management is not hiring with all sort of excuses.. so far only 2 joined. 2 to replace 20. Management is so laughable. hence alot of existing staff have to do more work and actually do work. so end up alot of ppl not happy and questioning why this guy not doing any work, this is team A's job why we have to take over now etc. And the other team will have excuses like their side 3 people left... so need us to take over. etc...

so? our side also got ppl leaving what. u hire back or replace ur staff la. why push ur **** to us right? so yep alot of politics, only made more glaring during this covid-19. and as no suprise those top management during this covid-19 2020 to 2021 also do nothing. then now another new head take over. the old one move to another portfolio. with nothing to show for. every year is like that the top keep getting higher pay, bigger office, bigger profile. but actually no real contribution.

And hor, another thing i dun understand... already understaff... not even labor to do the ****... u can still have those M1, M2 go for course during this period...

Make no sense to me. The boat is already sinking. people drowning and dying.. and u have those captain of the ship go to the beach to learn how to surf, etc... Shows how deluded this company can be at times.

Unregistered 15-09-2021 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182688)

Internal transfer is possible and u can give it a try but if you don't change your habit you will be stuck for another 5 years. Regarding changing of job I think at age 40 might be a little hard considering the job market situation at the moment

Cringe at the thought of having such a colleague

Unregistered 15-09-2021 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182919)
Alot of ppl in ST have no real job / purpose. Aka. everyday come office late, just check email, surf internet. meeting once a while with no action plan, nothing real, nothing transparent. paper work/document etc all outsource to lesser colleague under the pretext of "training them to be promoted" but it's actually just delegating the work to them so they dont do have to do anything. If anything wrong, its the colleague who get the blame. if nothing goes wrong, they take the credit for "training" the colleague to deliver the job. Already seen it so many times, those can do keep leaving. those who stayed behind all just "i let u decide" etc cause they have 0 skills and knowledge... but in front of boss, they can present updates like they are the only 1 person single handedly run the project during covid-19...

This covid-19 shows us clearly who is doing work and who come to work or don't come to work also make no difference. like my division got like a handful of 10++ old really old consultants. that doesnt really do anything one. one normal days also hardly see them in office. only occassionally once or twice per week.. my colleagues say those consultants are part time based etc. i dunno la, why need 10++ so many consultants. they can't provide any consultation or help also. whats the point?

My division alot of ppl quit during covid-19. like around 20 plus and counting... and management is not hiring with all sort of excuses.. so far only 2 joined. 2 to replace 20. Management is so laughable. hence alot of existing staff have to do more work and actually do work. so end up alot of ppl not happy and questioning why this guy not doing any work, this is team A's job why we have to take over now etc. And the other team will have excuses like their side 3 people left... so need us to take over. etc...

so? our side also got ppl leaving what. u hire back or replace ur staff la. why push ur **** to us right? so yep alot of politics, only made more glaring during this covid-19. and as no suprise those top management during this covid-19 2020 to 2021 also do nothing. then now another new head take over. the old one move to another portfolio. with nothing to show for. every year is like that the top keep getting higher pay, bigger office, bigger profile. but actually no real contribution.

And hor, another thing i dun understand... already understaff... not even labor to do the ****... u can still have those M1, M2 go for course during this period...

Make no sense to me. The boat is already sinking. people drowning and dying.. and u have those captain of the ship go to the beach to learn how to surf, etc... Shows how deluded this company can be at times.

Thanks for the insights. Feel for you

Unregistered 16-09-2021 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182919)

Exactly what I experienced pre-covid. There was a division where the whole development team quit. Instead of hiring new team, the management pushed to my then-division to take up more job, when we were already the most shorthanded team because we basically have to be involved in all projects. The managers kept promoting because their portfolio grew, but those under got overwhelmed.

Unregistered 16-09-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

wow.
一山还比一山高, 你的山非常高. u 40yo E5 means u legendary fk up and u are the problem. so old liao still wan set ppl up
info comm also got alot ppl like this. can we like mass report somewhere so the hr or someone high up will do something?

on other topic lol:
anyone else bouns was 0.5mth? i recontract this mth. i band 1 get 0.5mths, my other colleagues band 2 also 0.5mths. we st contract and got a band2 showed me payslip. i think band 3 0mth. my dept revenue same as before covid, i very sad

Unregistered 16-09-2021 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180393)
Perm staff all jiak liao bee one. Anything is "hire outsource" employee to solve.
Perm staff have no skills and expertise. Then why is the company keeping them as perm staff?

Outsource staff lower pay and less leave etc.
Anyway during this covid-19 my division outsource staff have to come back for essential work.
While those perm staff WFH.

Joke right.
Which means those perm staff are not essential.
And yet it's the perm staff who keep getting promoted for years of doing nothing
While outsource staff slaves away at low pay just to keep their job.

And the management wonder why they can't retain staff.
Thanks staff you retained all cannot make it. Outsource also don't want to waste their talent working FOR you

I left more than 6 months ago and joined a MNC recommended by a friend with a lot of help from him and guidance. When i joined the MNC, I had a big culture shock. In mnc, you really have to do work and they really follow up. Every project is about cost and output so you don't have redundant projects hanging around doing nothing. The discipline is hard and i always have to catch up on my skills. I felt like a fresh grad out of ST with no skills that can be used. I didn't get confirmed during my 3rd month probation because i really can't catch up. But i finally got confirmed by my 6th month after putting in a lot of effort. The pros are i now i get real industry sought skills, worldwide exposure, opportunities to get professional certifications. The cons are, you really have to catch up. The pace is very different. But i have no regrets leaving.

Unregistered 17-09-2021 06:49 AM

Does anyone work as radar system integration engineer before ? How is the working experience over there?

Unregistered 17-09-2021 10:31 PM

How's the work life for a contract staff in STEE actually?
At least how many years to convert into perm?

Unregistered 20-09-2021 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183428)

You should read the past postings of this thread. There are many of such info.

Unregistered 22-09-2021 01:31 AM

Quote:

no good

never and no chance to convert

Unregistered 22-09-2021 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183789)
no good

never and no chance to convert

Those who succeed are either selling their soul, or very good with politics. I will leave it as that.

Unregistered 23-09-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

not enough post saying work life in st or average amount of years to convert meh?

Unregistered 24-09-2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183286)
I left more than 6 months ago and joined a MNC recommended by a friend with a lot of help from him and guidance. When i joined the MNC, I had a big culture shock. In mnc, you really have to do work and they really follow up. Every project is about cost and output so you don't have redundant projects hanging around doing nothing. The discipline is hard and i always have to catch up on my skills. I felt like a fresh grad out of ST with no skills that can be used. I didn't get confirmed during my 3rd month probation because i really can't catch up. But i finally got confirmed by my 6th month after putting in a lot of effort. The pros are i now i get real industry sought skills, worldwide exposure, opportunities to get professional certifications. The cons are, you really have to catch up. The pace is very different. But i have no regrets leaving.

Congrats! I left many years back after several months in STE after joining when I got retrenched in an MNC. I. Can't stand the culture in it, the company just breeds laziness and everyone as though so laid back was waiting for someone to do their job. Everytime I tried to push for things to work, they ask why I so 'ON'. When customers don't accept some things they ask customer to close one eye. When i suggest improvements I get the same answer, it is like that here, must learn to accept. Can't stand it and left the moment I found another job in another MNC.

Unregistered 24-09-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

If you believe there is nothing wrong with you but others are pulling you down. I suggest you take a look around for newer opportunities. This company doesn't really appreciate the staff. They make you do the job but never give you any credits. There will be credit stealers and people try to put you down for them to climb. It's a toxic place to be in. E5 for more than 5years is a sign of slow and probably no progression.

Just keep trying finding your opportunity out there. While doing that, make use of the time and opportunity you have to expose to more skills and experience. What the losers in the company can steal is your credit but not your skills, knowledge and experience.

Good luck in your job search.

Unregistered 24-09-2021 11:33 AM

Perm staff
- promote every 2 to 3 years
- but don't actually do the work
- just hire outsource ppl to do the work
- annual leave 21 days compared to outsource 14 days
- mc 21 days compared to outsouce

reason given by management why dont convert
- need to pay agency when conversion
- no perm position available
- got headcount limit

perm staff = leech company money can't contribute no real skills.
managers are mostly internal managers (a.k.a everyday ask u and micro manage u for updates cause their boss everyday micro manage them).
real managers are external managers (they manage outside)
st managers are internal managers (they manage inside)

hence so many politics, push here and there.
most glaring is this during covid-19
- outsource need to come back to work on site cause they are essential
- perm staff managers WFH and they just keep shooting email to show that they working from home

- we just shut off. at work on site no need to reply your email..
- need update? then u come back to office see and use ur eyes to see lo.
- nobody got time to entertain u.
- perm staff get promoted
- outsource get transferred/not renewed/subject to termination every 1 to 2 years.
- perm staff get promoted every 2 to 3 years.

i want to ask management why your perm staff don't do work one.
if they really have no skillet why are the company retaining them as perm?
why are outsource subjected to renewal every 2 years based on performance.
perm staff 2 years do absolutely nothing.
meeting update on 1 project for 5 years (are the management so dumb?)

Unregistered 24-09-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183804)
Those who succeed are either selling their soul, or very good with politics. I will leave it as that.

You are right. My division / company got so many directors.
All of them are passive aggressive.

In front, inside meeting all cordial (too good in politics to appear as team player)
but behind the back, during lunch, every chance available is **** talk and bad mouth about the other director etc.

That's why i also sian when my boss jio me go lunch especially on Friday. Everytime is he rant and whine about the other manager.
We listen also can't say anything. just become like punching bag for him to spread his politics.

It's not a surprise anymore that our team started to quickly go early lunch on friday like super early 11 am kind to avoid having to have the boss join us. But he also so super duper join us. Plus he only come in work at 10 am on friday. we are in office since 8 am.

But thanks to covid-19 we dont have to eat lunch together. its a blessing in disguise which makes us realized that we are slaves to the abuse and power play by the managers here.

And if people wonder why they like that?
well if u are paid 10 to 15k every month that u can drive new car to work while ur other colleagues take bus and mrt to work. you will understand then.

Unregistered 28-09-2021 08:14 AM

Just curious, how many ST perm staffs can survive if one day the company close down?

Unregistered 28-09-2021 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184452)
Just curious, how many ST perm staffs can survive if one day the company close down?

LMFAO. Do you think such a big company will shut down? If you not capable, they just remove you and hire another replacement. No one is indispensable. Everyone is replaceable.

So don't be gullible. If ST is down, TH confirm will do anything to keep it alive. (removing blacklisted managers/engineers).

Unregistered 28-09-2021 10:16 AM

anyone contract, randomly get contract performance bonus this month in sept payslip? re contracted afew months ago and gotten bonus but suddenly this month also got bonus. big contract close lar?

Unregistered 28-09-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

Haha, you didn't read the thread? most of them can't survive if they are retrenched. Those who can make it already left or won't stay long. Thats why the company won't close down otherwise all the jlb will flood grab.

Unregistered 28-09-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

What a joke question. If ST closes down, you as a singaporean you think you will survive? LOL.

Unregistered 28-09-2021 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184531)
What a joke question. If ST closes down, you as a singaporean you think you will survive? LOL.

You are the joke if you think ST will be immune to changes including closure.
And if you can't survive when ST closes, you need to rethink your competitiveness.

Unregistered 29-09-2021 12:14 AM

ST is strategic partner to MINDEF. If ST closes means this country has gone to the dogs

Unregistered 29-09-2021 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184545)
And if you can't survive when ST closes, you need to rethink your competitiveness.

Its okay ah, I song song shake leg few more years retire already. I'm more worried for you young man.

Unregistered 29-09-2021 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184566)
ST is strategic partner to MINDEF. If ST closes means this country has gone to the dogs

Precisely. Don't know what's that guy's thinking. What a question to ask.

Unregistered 29-09-2021 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184464)
anyone contract, randomly get contract performance bonus this month in sept payslip? re contracted afew months ago and gotten bonus but suddenly this month also got bonus. big contract close lar?

How much bonus?

Unregistered 29-09-2021 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182259)
Oh I see, so MVC is common practice ? As it is my first time see this.. Thanks.

Your appointment will commence at a basic salary of S$xxxx per month which
is inclusive of the monthly variable component amounting to 10% of your latest
monthly basic salary at this time. Please note that this variable component may be
reviewed over time.

curryneh
i am getting lesser than the % on contract, who can i seek help?

Unregistered 29-09-2021 08:09 AM

Quote:

Er... actually the focus of my question was on the survive outside part not the closure part.
But with the replies I think I got the answers already. :D but yah. I agree that we must be prepared for any changes. I think you never worked in st before so you don't know the complacency. Some people keep thinking the company is iron rice bowl so they won't improve themselves. No need to close down lah, just reorg and you can see how they survive outside.

Unregistered 29-09-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184566)

Spoken like a true fool.
Are you going to put a stamp that nothing will change in the next decades to come?

Strategic partner means subjected to the conditions of the strategy eg. Political governance shifts, major restructuring, delisting, conversion to non profit arm etc. Maybe it might not happen this year or next. But nobody knows how long it lasts. 10? 20? But some of the posts here show the disconnect and overconfidence that nothing will change this contentment... Until something happens. Lehmans, afghanistan, brexit, covid etc are lessons that fools like you are doomed to not learn.

Meanwhile I will continue to keep upgrading myself, stay competitive and increase my chance of survival as ready as possible for any changes.

Unregistered 29-09-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184586)
Spoken like a true fool.
Are you going to put a stamp that nothing will change in the next decades to come?

Strategic partner means subjected to the conditions of the strategy eg. Political governance shifts, major restructuring, delisting, conversion to non profit arm etc. Maybe it might not happen this year or next. But nobody knows how long it lasts. 10? 20? But some of the posts here show the disconnect and overconfidence that nothing will change this contentment... Until something happens. Lehmans, afghanistan, brexit, covid etc are lessons that fools like you are doomed to not learn.

Meanwhile I will continue to keep upgrading myself, stay competitive and increase my chance of survival as ready as possible for any changes.

Okok faster go upgrade go upgrade, so I can continue shake leg. Don't waste your time chatting here.

Unregistered 29-09-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184586)
Spoken like a true fool.

dude, why so blunt? Can dun be so truthful can ornot? sometime they cannot handle the truth de.

Unregistered 29-09-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184576)
Your appointment will commence at a basic salary of S$xxxx per month which
is inclusive of the monthly variable component amounting to 10% of your latest
monthly basic salary at this time. Please note that this variable component may be
reviewed over time.

curryneh
i am getting lesser than the % on contract, who can i seek help?

You NV read last line? This variable will be reviewed overtime, mean they can give you lesser than 10% or more than 10% on their liking

Unregistered 29-09-2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184676)
You NV read last line? This variable will be reviewed overtime, mean they can give you lesser than 10% or more than 10% on their liking

joined recently, look like only i have this mvc sia. My few other new colleagues E6 n above dont have this.
i am perm same as them, can get performance bonus right? cause my offer letter never put.

Unregistered 29-09-2021 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184722)
joined recently, look like only i have this mvc sia. My few other new colleagues E6 n above dont have this.
i am perm same as them, can get performance bonus right? cause my offer letter never put.

Please be slightly more educated, or pretend to be educated by googling what is mvc. Everyone has this MVC for god sake.

s://.simplepay.com.sg/help/payroll-processing/additional-topics/monthly-variable-component-mvc

Wonder which department hired you. Suay. MVC also duno. Google also duno.

Unregistered 30-09-2021 12:10 PM

Quote:

I leech and CBL you not happy is it? Why so ON for what? I do nothing go canteen la kopi everyday still collect my salary tok what competitiveness? You think you in mnc ah? ST wun close one lah...

Unregistered 30-09-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183286)

Maybe you one day have to come back our door always open for you.