Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 25-07-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178445)
Hi guys.. I have been working in ste for 6.5yrs n counting. Joined as an E5, now still the same despite increasing workload from just doing 1 system to 7 systems now. I have always been getting band 2 and only recent I got a band 3, and still no promotion. There was no increment last year, $25 increment this year. I feel that there's no career progression.. Should I move on?

from 1 system to 7 system and you still can tank, tell me that even with that it should be still relax..... if really all you 7 system need you to do at the same time then you should not be in st and asking this question already.

to be honest, the increment for ST is quite bad, i am not surprised you can ezily find job that pay you 500 - 1k more outside.

Unregistered 25-07-2021 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178445)
Hi guys.. I have been working in ste for 6.5yrs n counting. Joined as an E5, now still the same despite increasing workload from just doing 1 system to 7 systems now. I have always been getting band 2 and only recent I got a band 3, and still no promotion. There was no increment last year, $25 increment this year. I feel that there's no career progression.. Should I move on?

You are the legendary tanker. We need more ppl like you in the company.

Unregistered 26-07-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178445)
Hi guys.. I have been working in ste for 6.5yrs n counting. Joined as an E5, now still the same despite increasing workload from just doing 1 system to 7 systems now. I have always been getting band 2 and only recent I got a band 3, and still no promotion. There was no increment last year, $25 increment this year. I feel that there's no career progression.. Should I move on?

if you tank for 6.5 years in a company like st then do you still think you can survive outside? just lay low and do minimum also get band 2 , you got band 3 while saying you did so much means you fk up alot, any other company would have fired you long ago. you are the cushion band 3 for your dept.

my dept has someone who tear project document and the project pm complaint to dept manager but nothing happen.
just stay in st iron rice bowl, angkat a few management vp go smoke with them act like you do alot work. i do this for 10 years in st and got m1. i go office either sleep or look at news for stock on my ipad very good life and free pay every month without working. now covid i stay home with my big screen tv and just say i busy meeting with customer or act like i need to delivery project stuff but the stuff not my project scope

Unregistered 28-07-2021 08:40 AM

How much is your promotion increment?

Unregistered 28-07-2021 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178535)
if you tank for 6.5 years in a company like st then do you still think you can survive outside? just lay low and do minimum also get band 2 , you got band 3 while saying you did so much means you fk up alot, any other company would have fired you long ago. you are the cushion band 3 for your dept.

my dept has someone who tear project document and the project pm complaint to dept manager but nothing happen.
just stay in st iron rice bowl, angkat a few management vp go smoke with them act like you do alot work. i do this for 10 years in st and got m1. i go office either sleep or look at news for stock on my ipad very good life and free pay every month without working. now covid i stay home with my big screen tv and just say i busy meeting with customer or act like i need to delivery project stuff but the stuff not my project scope

You are the legendary sucker. The company needs to remove more ppl like you.

Unregistered 29-07-2021 07:53 AM

Performance Grading
 
Anyone can share whats the average performance grading?

I have been told that the average is a C in ST. Is this true?

Unregistered 29-07-2021 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178535)
if you tank for 6.5 years in a company like st then do you still think you can survive outside? just lay low and do minimum also get band 2 , you got band 3 while saying you did so much means you fk up alot, any other company would have fired you long ago. you are the cushion band 3 for your dept.

my dept has someone who tear project document and the project pm complaint to dept manager but nothing happen.
just stay in st iron rice bowl, angkat a few management vp go smoke with them act like you do alot work. i do this for 10 years in st and got m1. i go office either sleep or look at news for stock on my ipad very good life and free pay every month without working. now covid i stay home with my big screen tv and just say i busy meeting with customer or act like i need to delivery project stuff but the stuff not my project scope

st got alot of you, and all of you should be fired. st set up so many committee but nvr set up one to audit all these leeches.

if any vp saw this, please go audit and review what your employee are doing. the easiest and fastest cost saving is to remove all the leeches. every project outsource then still need so many people for what. start from those dept with alot of people, just tell them give like 5 name anonymously then you investigate, confirm will hit some of the dead weight. u cut all these leeches means your bonus higher!

Unregistered 11-08-2021 11:48 AM

From ST Engineering are we allowed to apply for LTA jobs directly or must work outside for 2 years first?

Unregistered 12-08-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178723)
st got alot of you, and all of you should be fired. st set up so many committee but nvr set up one to audit all these leeches.

if any vp saw this, please go audit and review what your employee are doing. the easiest and fastest cost saving is to remove all the leeches. every project outsource then still need so many people for what. start from those dept with alot of people, just tell them give like 5 name anonymously then you investigate, confirm will hit some of the dead weight. u cut all these leeches means your bonus higher!

lol, please la

All the top is like that one la, alot is army drop into the post de. all just come here m3 and above to leech nia, you got see them on site de meh..... they dun even know what is happening

Unregistered 12-08-2021 03:23 PM

Recently, I had an offer from ST Electronics(Contract role).

Job position: System Engineer
they offer 4k

Not sure should I took this role. need to work night time

Unregistered 13-08-2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179942)
Recently, I had an offer from ST Electronics(Contract role).

Job position: System Engineer
they offer 4k

Not sure should I took this role. need to work night time

How long can they get back to you after the interview. The HR asked me for certificate and other supporting document the next day after the interview.

Unregistered 13-08-2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179997)
How long can they get back to you after the interview. The HR asked me for certificate and other supporting document the next day after the interview.

Within 5 min

Unregistered 13-08-2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179942)
Recently, I had an offer from ST Electronics(Contract role).

Job position: System Engineer
they offer 4k

Not sure should I took this role. need to work night time

you can take it if you only want to stay there for short term.

if you are thinking that they will convert you to perm in the future, then can slowly wait.

Unregistered 13-08-2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180008)
you can take it if you only want to stay there for short term.

if you are thinking that they will convert you to perm in the future, then can slowly wait.

Agree. If looking to convert to perm, go in without any expectations. Besides, 4K with night work is a bit on the low side, especially with 13th month included in basic.

For experience and resume, can take the role if you are a self learner but don't expect all roses inside.

Unregistered 13-08-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180017)
Agree. If looking to convert to perm, go in without any expectations. Besides, 4K with night work is a bit on the low side, especially with 13th month included in basic.

For experience and resume, can take the role if you are a self learner but don't expect all roses inside.

Currently I just completed my part time degree and have a full time job as a technician. Not sure should I go ST or rather go SME work

Unregistered 15-08-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180043)
Currently I just completed my part time degree and have a full time job as a technician. Not sure should I go ST or rather go SME work

hmm, ST environment is really similar to army la. if you like those type of life then you can go ST lo.

Unregistered 17-08-2021 07:47 AM

Fresh graduate from electrical engineering degree. I am thinking of going to either micron or st eng. Anyone got any working experiences from these two companies?

Unregistered 17-08-2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldbird (Post 42093)
Once worked for them long time ago as a fresh grad, then left after several months. Have since worked on 2 other jobs for several years with other companies.

Recently applied for an opening and received a call from its HR. But only offering a contract position, with possible conversion option in future, not perm position. Reason given by HR was that I am considered a returning ex-employee, and HR policy forbids granting immediate perm position for an ex-employee, even with suitable industry experience.

Wondering if the so-called HR policy for returning ex-staff is real or is the HR trying to bluff me when it can't offer me a better deal. Anyone knows if such a thing exists in HR or just a bluff?

I feel that I should be hired based on my merits and suitability for current position. If I'm suitable for the position that HR is willing to call me up for interview, yet still want to penalize me for having worked for them before? Really sending mixed signals about wanting to hire me.

The policy is true. My previous division had a few returning employees who were formerly perm were rehired as contract (outsourced) employee. Whether will go perm or not depends on headcount and whether the big boss likes you or not.

In general, the time to convert to perm takes 3 to 4 years if your big boss (not your supervisor) is happy with your performance. Other "average" staff will take anywhere between 5 to 8 years for a promotion.

If you are aiming to go far and high in your career, my advise is to stay clear of ST, unless your position is at least a M3 or M4. Then every restructuring you are likely to take on more portfolio and likely a promotion to follow.

I regretted not leaving ST earlier by hoping to convert to perm staff. End up my old division promotes by favouritism such that only a particular group of engineers under a PM gets promotion.

Final decision is still up to you.

Unregistered 17-08-2021 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180242)
Fresh graduate from electrical engineering degree. I am thinking of going to either micron or st eng. Anyone got any working experiences from these two companies?

Go micron is much better benefit & you will learn more from micron

Unregistered 19-08-2021 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178723)
st got alot of you, and all of you should be fired. st set up so many committee but nvr set up one to audit all these leeches.

if any vp saw this, please go audit and review what your employee are doing. the easiest and fastest cost saving is to remove all the leeches. every project outsource then still need so many people for what. start from those dept with alot of people, just tell them give like 5 name anonymously then you investigate, confirm will hit some of the dead weight. u cut all these leeches means your bonus higher!

Only stupid coolies like you will work hard (though ineffectually) for mediocre pay and pathetic increments upon getting band 3 grading.

ST is go in to jiak liao bee only lah, embrace the reality.

Unregistered 19-08-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180382)
Only stupid coolies like you will work hard (though ineffectually) for mediocre pay and pathetic increments upon getting band 3 grading.

ST is go in to jiak liao bee only lah, embrace the reality.

Perm staff all jiak liao bee one. Anything is "hire outsource" employee to solve.
Perm staff have no skills and expertise. Then why is the company keeping them as perm staff?

Outsource staff lower pay and less leave etc.
Anyway during this covid-19 my division outsource staff have to come back for essential work.
While those perm staff WFH.

Joke right.
Which means those perm staff are not essential.
And yet it's the perm staff who keep getting promoted for years of doing nothing
While outsource staff slaves away at low pay just to keep their job.

And the management wonder why they can't retain staff.
Thanks staff you retained all cannot make it. Outsource also don't want to waste their talent working FOR you

Unregistered 20-08-2021 12:54 AM

people under outsource what to expect during yearly review:

Band
A: 1.2 month bonus with 2.75% increment
B: 1.1 month with 2.5% increment
C+: 1.0 month with 2% increment
C & D: (less than 1 month bonus, unsure of increment)



This is based on data from that I got from my various outsource E3 personnel
Hope it helps :-)

Unregistered 20-08-2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180393)
Perm staff all jiak liao bee one. Anything is "hire outsource" employee to solve.
Perm staff have no skills and expertise. Then why is the company keeping them as perm staff?

Outsource staff lower pay and less leave etc.
Anyway during this covid-19 my division outsource staff have to come back for essential work.
While those perm staff WFH.

Joke right.
Which means those perm staff are not essential.
And yet it's the perm staff who keep getting promoted for years of doing nothing
While outsource staff slaves away at low pay just to keep their job.

And the management wonder why they can't retain staff.
Thanks staff you retained all cannot make it. Outsource also don't want to waste their talent working FOR you

Last paragraph is so true.

STengineering 20-08-2021 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180471)
people under outsource what to expect during yearly review:

Band
A: 1.2 month bonus with 2.75% increment
B: 1.1 month with 2.5% increment
C+: 1.0 month with 2% increment
C & D: (less than 1 month bonus, unsure of increment)



This is based on data from that I got from my various outsource E3 personnel
Hope it helps :-)

Hi fellow colleagues, I not from ST Elect
Band 2: 1.5 month with 1% increment - E6 direct contract (join less than a year)
Boss told me 1.5% but hr letter show 1% T_T

Unregistered 23-08-2021 09:19 PM

Anyone got any experience being a product engineer at ST?

Unregistered 24-08-2021 07:42 PM

Anyone experience in ST Engineering Advanced Networks & Sensors Pte Ltd

Unregistered 27-08-2021 09:18 PM

Hi guy, Mechanical Design Engineer role in ST electrical with Contract position. Any advise?

Unregistered 28-08-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181388)
Hi guy, Mechanical Design Engineer role in ST electrical with Contract position. Any advise?

Try get perm

Unregistered 28-08-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181388)
Hi guy, Mechanical Design Engineer role in ST electrical with Contract position. Any advise?

How much they offer you and what's the benefit you will get?

Unregistered 28-08-2021 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181388)
Hi guy, Mechanical Design Engineer role in ST electrical with Contract position. Any advise?

Is this the one doing train doors? They couldnt match my current salary

Unregistered 28-08-2021 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181446)
Is this the one doing train doors? They couldnt match my current salary

will be handling the MRT project
Basic salary+14AL+medical claim and insurance. AL unable to bring forward.
Perm conversion needs to depend on perfomance.

Anyone has the exp to share? working life, culture, etc.

Unregistered 28-08-2021 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181470)
will be handling the MRT project
Basic salary+14AL+medical claim and insurance. AL unable to bring forward.
Perm conversion needs to depend on perfomance.

Anyone has the exp to share? working life, culture, etc.

MRT project quite jia luck

Unregistered 03-09-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181470)
will be handling the MRT project
Basic salary+14AL+medical claim and insurance. AL unable to bring forward.
Perm conversion needs to depend on perfomance.

Anyone has the exp to share? working life, culture, etc.

Which MRT project? If it's doing onboard systems, it is very hard to be able to convert.

Unregistered 03-09-2021 11:40 PM

Perm role with monthly variable component
 
Hi I am offer Perm role with monthly variable component, 16 days al. May I know what is mvc and any work life and culture to share ? i am still considering to accept or not..

Unregistered 04-09-2021 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182046)
Hi I am offer Perm role with monthly variable component, 16 days al. May I know what is mvc and any work life and culture to share ? i am still considering to accept or not..

Relatively new hire here. How busy really depends on what department; mine is well... we need ppl and quite a number of senior level and above engineers are overloaded with multiple projects, probably coming down to the junior level soon. Wait to rush, rush to wait. If ur assigned role requires security clearance, you prob can't do much if they are strict in enforcing the rules.... Oh, might need to go overseas for training depending on role + department. I normally go early and knock off on time but there are some older guys there that r so overloaded that I honestly dun think they sleep -_-. The only mvc I know of is Model View Controller lol

Unregistered 04-09-2021 09:19 PM

basically your current offer is basic + MVC. So , if one day there is a huge crisis which ST have to retrench people or cut cost, they will reduce your pay first by remove the MVC which they are paying you instead of firing you. MVC is something which is they to protect your job.

Unregistered 06-09-2021 07:23 PM

Oh I see, so MVC is common practice ? As it is my first time see this.. Thanks.

Unregistered 07-09-2021 12:39 PM

What's the common pay range for an engineer with 6 years exp at ST? I'm assuming either E6 or M1 position.

Unregistered 07-09-2021 12:47 PM

around 5-6k.

Unregistered 10-09-2021 04:54 PM

Hello, i am in st elec for more than 5 years as E5 and i am still E5. should i request to change department? My RO is very understanding and most of the time i can just pretend i am stress that i have alot of work to do. since covid wfh requirement, there is not much new project and nothing much to do so i mostly stay at home. afew months ago someone not from my dept is picking on me by saying im not doing work. i complain him to my RO and his RO but they did not do anything to him. For sometime during WFH is required, i went back to office so my RO AO can see i am in office working. I have been trying to do make him mess up something but i think he is aware of it and my RO is noticing it. I have also think that i am being mark since i am still E5 after i join as perm for more than 5 year. my dept have afew that join after me but promoted to E6. i am 40 soon and i have tried to apply job outside but there is no reply. should i sent email to HR or my VP, and what should i say. Thank you in advance for your advice.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2