Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 16-05-2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169007)
send letter, if you have the skill and the boss need you, they will counter offer.

If not, then can find a new job with whatever pay you want, if your current skillset deserve it.

if with this 5 yr experience, you learn nothing and have no where to go. then can just suck thumb

5 years in ST means nua in ST for 5 years.

Unregistered 16-05-2021 06:42 PM

dont waste ur time./

Unregistered 16-05-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168965)
Impossible la.. how can diploma holder know all thes?

Or you master degree holder trying to pretend to be diploma?

In ST diploma can only be technician.

He is from mnc la... dumbass. Mnc value performance more than your toilet paper la...

Unregistered 16-05-2021 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169023)
Sorry lo. During interview the perm staff bluff me that it's the same and contract is like probation before convert to perm

It's only after I joined and worked 2 years realised that it's day and night.
Annual leave perm have more.
Bonus also perm have more.

Outsource is hired to do the work for the perm staff. Like their tools like that.
Thank god I left after 2 years and didn't waste my time here

same thing happened to me, manager promised conversion after a yr but every year give a lot of excuses to delay.

increment was used to be 90 - 200 when i was a temp there, so roughly 10 yr then you will get 4k if they offer you 3k as an fresh grad.

i left when i realized the thing i was tasked to do was too specific and only available in ST, if i wan to leave later, i might have no where to go.

Unregistered 16-05-2021 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169073)
same thing happened to me, manager promised conversion after a yr but every year give a lot of excuses to delay.

increment was used to be 90 - 200 when i was a temp there, so roughly 10 yr then you will get 4k if they offer you 3k as an fresh grad.

i left when i realized the thing i was tasked to do was too specific and only available in ST, if i wan to leave later, i might have no where to go.

From 3K to 4K in 10 years is very pathetic.
I did from 2.7K to 4K by the 4th year in the private sector excluding my 2 to 4 month bonus during that period.

Unregistered 17-05-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169073)

Rofl how long did it take for you to realize whatever you had to do was too specific and only available in ST?

Unregistered 17-05-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169152)
Rofl how long did it take for you to realize whatever you had to do was too specific and only available in ST?

Canteen breaks, play politics, hang around doing nothing. I think you don't even need a month to know something is wrong.

Unregistered 17-05-2021 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169152)

1-2 yr of comfort zone in st, then dun like the management cos too mirco manage, tried to get out but can't.

End up, start over my career again with fresh grad rank and pay in another film....

Unregistered 17-05-2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169180)
Canteen breaks, play politics, hang around doing nothing. I think you don't even need a month to know something is wrong.

No wor, when you a junior specially just grad, what people say you belive. Ie: next yr give you perm.

Somemore do nothing and get pay. As a fresh grad, I became comfort zone into the job LA.

Unregistered 17-05-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169180)

Lol did you see his reply? That joker took 1-2 YEARS hahahaha. What a waste of his life lol.

Unregistered 17-05-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169182)
1-2 yr of comfort zone in st, then dun like the management cos too mirco manage, tried to get out but can't.

End up, start over my career again with fresh grad rank and pay in another film....

So you ownself eliminate that 1-2 years of work exp you have accumulated? In short, you lowballed yourself? Rofl. Whats your pay then at ST and whats your pay now?

Unregistered 17-05-2021 04:05 PM

At st 2.8k and left at 3.1k

Which is 5yr ago

Then restart my career at 2.95k

Unregistered 17-05-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169096)
From 3K to 4K in 10 years is very pathetic.
I did from 2.7K to 4K by the 4th year in the private sector excluding my 2 to 4 month bonus during that period.

jokes on u la.
fresh grad 0 year already 5k.
u also underpaid.

Unregistered 17-05-2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169193)

Which is 5yr ago

ROFL you are truly a winner. Then now earning how much?

Unregistered 17-05-2021 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169198)
jokes on u la.
fresh grad 0 year already 5k.
u also underpaid.

Fresh grad at 5k is a very disconnected wage.
I think it is OK since ST don't retrench or restructures. Otherwise getting caught in one is going to be worrying considering they pay you 5k to waste your time thus learns nothing and transitioning into the real world will kill you.

Unregistered 17-05-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169205)
Fresh grad at 5k is a very disconnected wage.
I think it is OK since ST don't retrench or restructures. Otherwise getting caught in one is going to be worrying considering they pay you 5k to waste your time thus learns nothing and transitioning into the real world will kill you.

Actually everyone knows they usually pay fresh grads more to attract people and lock them down because they know once the fresh grads have accumulated some of their useless experience and skills, they wont be able to look elsewhere.

Unregistered 17-05-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169208)
Actually everyone knows they usually pay fresh grads more to attract people and lock them down because they know once the fresh grads have accumulated some of their useless experience and skills, they wont be able to look elsewhere.

Reminds me of my move to a SME. Almost couldn't survive when i left ST because i got no skills or knowledge.

Unregistered 17-05-2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168895)
I'm glad I was able to help in some ways. As for the part that you wanted to change something that's already inculcated as a company culture, I can only wish you the best. Enforcement need to come with support from management.

Thanks for the compliment. But I am only a diploma holder.

Yah man thanx for those. Gave me some insights.

Do you handle a lot of overseas customers in mnc? Any cultural issues?

Unregistered 17-05-2021 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169193)

Which is 5yr ago

Tbh, this is the starting pay what a fresh grad will get in the past.

Now, i went back ST to nuah liao. They offer me (PE M2)

Unregistered 17-05-2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169226)

how much is your m2 pay now under new scheme?, how many year exp since grad?

Unregistered 17-05-2021 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169226)

Ya me too.

Left ST to join a sme after 2 years.

Really can't survive outside with the competition.

Didn't even pass my confirmation for my first job and was asked to leave.

Had to downgrade for my second job and couldn't catch up with the demands.

Ate humble pie and went back to ST. If we are too use to ST, very difficult to get used to life outside. So i really want to advise those who consider leaving to think carefully.

Unregistered 17-05-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169229)
how much is your m2 pay now under new scheme?, how many year exp since grad?

pay jiu shi what they say for m2 in the eariler post lo, think mention few time liao. yr exp is 5.

tbh if i stay in ST all the way, now i think i will still be a E5, at most E6. That is the rank which most of my peer is currently holding back in my old department.

Unregistered 17-05-2021 09:51 PM

ST used to be a good place for retirement, that no longer holds true.

Unregistered 17-05-2021 10:06 PM

ST now gives higher pay but remove stock options, aws, and it seems the bonus quantum is small. Actually is it even better than the previous system?

Unregistered 17-05-2021 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169248)
ST now gives higher pay but remove stock options, aws, and it seems the bonus quantum is small. Actually is it even better than the previous system?

But for people like us with no experience, no skillset, only a degree, why give ourselves problem by leaving?

Being a leech in STE is better than being unemployed outside. Do you think you can survive outside?

Unregistered 18-05-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169233)
Ya me too.

Left ST to join a sme after 2 years.

Really can't survive outside with the competition.

Didn't even pass my confirmation for my first job and was asked to leave.

Had to downgrade for my second job and couldn't catch up with the demands.

Ate humble pie and went back to ST. If we are too use to ST, very difficult to get used to life outside. So i really want to advise those who consider leaving to think carefully.

This means you lousy not the company le.
You mean you need company to micromanage you and force you to be a useful society?

Unregistered 18-05-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169280)
You mean you need company to micromanage you and force you to be a useful society?

Cannot blame him.
I have seen former ST employees who struggled to fit into the corporate world. Some of those who managed to survive did mention that they learnt almost nothing in the ST environment that is useful in the corporate sector. The culture is greatly different and the applicable knowledge in corporate sectors were also different and more demanding. Some of them would rather go back to ST because they cannot survive the transition. One such example was that the culture of 'wayang' don't apply in the corporate sector. When you present something, you have to finish what you started and provide progress during updates while in ST, the same story gets repeated again and again. That is why you have projects that remain stagnant for 5 years without progress.

Unregistered 18-05-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169280)

Ya maybe i lousy

But you think yourself the things you learn in ST is how useful if you leave?

Unregistered 18-05-2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169286)
Ya maybe i lousy

But you think yourself the things you learn in ST is how useful if you leave?

That is irrelevant already. The fact that you left to a SME and learnt nothing there to continue your career there means its a problem with you, not whatever you have learnt or not learnt back at ST.

But sure you can keep blaming ST for your own incompetence if it helps you to sleep soundly at night.

Unregistered 18-05-2021 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169248)

It's exactly the same monetarily but good that you don't have to wait until bonus to quit. Quit anytime also can. When they change the scheme, one of the main concern is that whether the bonus will be affected.

The HR answer was "performance bonus" still exists.
But in reality last time 2 to 3 months. Now become 1 to 2 months cause its been "factored" into the base.

But then it's aws factored in what. Not performance bonus. Why performance bonus also reduced?

Performance bonus depends on the company performance what. If company perform well the performance bonus remains the same what. But somehow they can twist to "oh new pay scheme so bonus now is less"

My side rhe outsource performance bonus now is only 0.5 months. Its so pathetic.
At least outside contract that doesn't have "performance bonus" got 1 month aws.

Then those senior management pay keep getting higher. Bonus keep getting better.
What a joke. Wirh those useless management not able to bring in project.... What basis to give them good bonus and 10k to 15k per month at the expense of your engineers pay.

ST Engineering? More like ST Management firm la.

Unregistered 18-05-2021 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169283)
Cannot blame him.
I have seen former ST employees who struggled to fit into the corporate world. Some of those who managed to survive did mention that they learnt almost nothing in the ST environment that is useful in the corporate sector. The culture is greatly different and the applicable knowledge in corporate sectors were also different and more demanding. Some of them would rather go back to ST because they cannot survive the transition. One such example was that the culture of 'wayang' don't apply in the corporate sector. When you present something, you have to finish what you started and provide progress during updates while in ST, the same story gets repeated again and again. That is why you have projects that remain stagnant for 5 years without progress.

So true. I seen the same "project" idea resurfaced for the past 10 years. Each time there is a management change or they go into new role. They rehashed old ideas during their "time" and "sell" it as their brain child project.

But if you audit it properly, you'll that the project have been in "development" for the past 10 years with no real outcome. Just to fulfil their annual kpi. Then next move on to another responsibility or restructure. Then 2 years later before anything reorg again. Then project no update. Then management want to see something. Project come to life again. Then dead again. Then live again. Then dead.

Already seen the wayang and see those people climb up from engineer become director.
And its all based on wayang skill.
No wonder management in ST are not engineers. All are "managers" just know how to talk and take credit.

Unregistered 18-05-2021 10:37 AM

Company pay you money so you can create value for the company.
Singaporean so entitled now expect high pay. No skills. No value. And expect company to provide them with experience or exposure or skills sets.

This is the result of Singapore over emphasis in education system.
To the point that they graduated and started working still expect to be taught how to work...

Can't do the job. No skills? Out you go.
Doesn't matter its Google, ST, shopee.

You don't create value added to the company. Why need you?

Unregistered 18-05-2021 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169296)
That is irrelevant already. The fact that you left to a SME and learnt nothing there to continue your career there means its a problem with you, not whatever you have learnt or not learnt back at ST.

But sure you can keep blaming ST for your own incompetence if it helps you to sleep soundly at night.

I am the poster of post 2147
Let's just be more realistic with the calibre of ST employees in general. I think the laid back culture in ST affect their performance in the real world when they leave.
Last time I had to work with a few ex ST employees and I was amazed that they were as fresh as newly graduated from school even though they had about 2 years experience. No doubt they were trying to fit in but the lack of knowledge was quite bad. Cannot understand drawings, 8D, test reports, they also seem to have problems in communication as can see from how they do MRB. They do their own in their own world and had to be taught how to identify stakeholders and be reminded again and again to SHARE + ALIGN information with project stakeholders including those overseas ones.

Also I don't like the idea of 'wayang' like doing for show only. They think only do for show and forget about it after that. 8D reports or project deliverables have a deadline otherwise we will be penalized but they seem to not understand this. During meetings also in a daze. They thought do only for show. During customer audit they anyhow wayang thinking won't get NC. And when we got NC, they also don't seem to understand we need to close within a certain period. Always talk about covering own ass don't be smart alec, wait for someone to do the job, innovate an idea etc. The worst part is that they keep thinking they will be promoted on rotational basis and some promotion exercise will promote them to senior engineer if they stay long enough without work because they have a degree. Then when some diploma holder or foreigner got promoted, they complain company don't appreciate them.

But of course there were good ones la. except the others really need to wake up from their idea. So not really surprising that they have problem integrating and end up have to go back to eat U turn grass.

Unregistered 18-05-2021 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169305)
I am the poster of post 2147
Let's just be more realistic with the calibre of ST employees in general. I think the laid back culture in ST affect their performance in the real world when they leave.
Last time I had to work with a few ex ST employees and I was amazed that they were as fresh as newly graduated from school even though they had about 2 years experience. No doubt they were trying to fit in but the lack of knowledge was quite bad. Cannot understand drawings, 8D, test reports, they also seem to have problems in communication as can see from how they do MRB. They do their own in their own world and had to be taught how to identify stakeholders and be reminded again and again to SHARE + ALIGN information with project stakeholders including those overseas ones.

Also I don't like the idea of 'wayang' like doing for show only. They think only do for show and forget about it after that. 8D reports or project deliverables have a deadline otherwise we will be penalized but they seem to not understand this. During meetings also in a daze. They thought do only for show. During customer audit they anyhow wayang thinking won't get NC. And when we got NC, they also don't seem to understand we need to close within a certain period. Always talk about covering own ass don't be smart alec, wait for someone to do the job, innovate an idea etc. The worst part is that they keep thinking they will be promoted on rotational basis and some promotion exercise will promote them to senior engineer if they stay long enough without work because they have a degree. Then when some diploma holder or foreigner got promoted, they complain company don't appreciate them.

But of course there were good ones la. except the others really need to wake up from their idea. So not really surprising that they have problem integrating and end up have to go back to eat U turn grass.

This is some good analysis and experience that you have just shared. Really appreciate it
I always had an inkling to believe that ST people really dont know their worth in tech implementation and even tech support engagements and this pretty much convinces that my belief is somewhat true.

Hope more people see this post and think twice about engaging ST or even hire any 1 of them

Unregistered 18-05-2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169307)
This is some good analysis and experience that you have just shared. Really appreciate it
I always had an inkling to believe that ST people really dont know their worth in tech implementation and even tech support engagements and this pretty much convinces that my belief is somewhat true.

Hope more people see this post and think twice about engaging ST or even hire any 1 of them

I am the same poster of 2147 & 2151
Those are just my personal opinion la. Others may not agree. There were good ones as well. I have met 1 who spend 1 year plus in ST who left and joined us in another department. Very hardworking fella who changed his mindset quickly. But he is also lucky his boss is a good guy who guided him well la.He is still with us now promoted to senior engineer 1 after a few years. Now he is a different guy from when he just join.

Unregistered 18-05-2021 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169311)
I am the same poster of 2147 & 2151
Those are just my personal opinion la. Others may not agree. There were good ones as well. I have met 1 who spend 1 year plus in ST who left and joined us in another department. Very hardworking fella who changed his mindset quickly. But he is also lucky his boss is a good guy who guided him well la.He is still with us now promoted to senior engineer 1 after a few years. Now he is a different guy from when he just join.

Ya agree. Not all are bad lah.

Just make sure your interview process is robust enough to filter the bad ones.

Unregistered 18-05-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169315)
Ya agree. Not all are bad lah.

Just make sure your interview process is robust enough to filter the bad ones.

Of course not all are bad. But if a group of them are bad, it is enough to tarnish ST's branding and rep.

In the days of nazi germany, are all germans bad? Its only the nazis who were bad but back then the whole world hates and are scared of germany as a whole because of the nazis.

Unregistered 19-05-2021 10:50 AM

u bunch of nua kia in ST better work hard

or else will be replaced by the new citizens from CECA lol

Unregistered 19-05-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169453)

sorry lo ST is iron rice bowl for singaporean only with connection to military. retirement village.

Unregistered 19-05-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169453)

ST will never employ non singaporean and it is a iron rice bowl la bodoh...

No retrenchment to worry.

I no need to work also collect money every month