Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 29-07-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99039)
Got a offer from one of ST subsidiary. The hr told me that there is no different in pay between those who serve ns and those who don't. But I understand that for most glc, they did take into account your ns contribution? Furthermore ST main customer is mindef...

my time, those with NS get additional 200

Unregistered 01-08-2017 04:51 PM

How long does the security clearance normally take

Unregistered 10-10-2017 09:00 AM

what is a good increment?

Hi,

I heard that many in ST Electronics got increment of 1% or 1.5%. If they get 3% is considered very good. How are staff graded for A, B, or C? is 3% meant for grade A?

Thanks.

Unregistered 10-10-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90047)
STE standard every year 6-8%

really? my friend just resigned threw the letter because he was a key personnel in charge and was given only 1.5% increment.

Unregistered 10-10-2017 01:07 PM

how was the increment like for ST aero ?

A :- How many % ??
B :- How many % ??
C+: - How many % ??
C :- How many % ??

Unregistered 01-12-2017 10:07 AM

I had an interview at the STE info-comm and the whole process went very smooth.
After 2 weeks, I intended to make a follow-up and the outcome was the hiring manager has not made any decision on my job application. Besides that, the HR asked me to wait for another 1-2 weeks and even told me that if there's any job offer outside just take it. (FYI, I'm a fresh grad)
Recently, the job adver was opened again for hiring on their official portal.

In this case, can anyone tell me what r the chances of landing this job?

Unregistered 02-12-2017 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102642)
After 2 weeks, I intended to make a follow-up and the outcome was the hiring manager has not made any decision on my job application. Besides that, the HR asked me to wait for another 1-2 weeks and even told me that if there's any job offer outside just take it. (FYI, I'm a fresh grad)

The HR lady at least have the decency to advise you to quickly accept another job offer outside if you can find one, this is already as direct as she can get...

zero_88 13-12-2017 07:23 AM

Usually after I went interview from St electronic

I will wait for how long before I get a reply from it?

1 week, 2 week?

if after 2 week still no reply mean no have?

zero_88 25-12-2017 11:33 AM

Guy I receive a contract role from St Electronic

They offer me 3.5 k for contract

just wanna know

if they convert me to perm, will they increase the salary?

or will it remain the same?
if have increase, how much should I be expecting?

zero_88 27-12-2017 03:01 PM

anyone know the differences of benefit between

doing defense project vs doing commercial project in ST Electronics?

is it better to do defense project in St electronics?

how is the stress level like in both dept?

Unregistered 16-01-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 103332)
Guy I receive a contract role from St Electronic

They offer me 3.5 k for contract

just wanna know

if they convert me to perm, will they increase the salary?

or will it remain the same?
if have increase, how much should I be expecting?

Contract from ST elect themselves or out-source contract ?

Salary adjustment if any and amount depends on your performance during contract.

For good performer, 5-10% typically.

zero_88 17-01-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103873)

Salary adjustment if any and amount depends on your performance during contract.

Contract from ST elect, so if my performance is average, what will be the increment

Unregistered 22-01-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102642)

There's probably a second round interview if they're gonna offer. I went for the first round and thought I did badly coz I basically anyhow answered the questions. Was quite surprised that they called me up for a 2nd interview around 2 to 3 weeks after the first interview. Afterwards they called me like 3 times a week telling me they gonna offer in a week's time.

Unregistered 25-05-2018 01:18 PM

Crap

crap company that pays top dollar for senior management and peanuts to pple actually doing all the work.

National day VIP visit, staff cannot walk pass main entrance but instead make detour go thru basement carpark to get to cafeteria. That's how they view their employees. jian bu de ren.

new policy is as good as bye bye to promotion. Min B grade for 3 consecutive yrs before eligible to be considered for promotion. If 3rd yr you kena C+, reset everything.

As good as saying, in the dept either the same few always got B(and promote) the rest eat grass, or, rotate the B and all forget about promotion.

FoS new policy.

Unregistered 25-05-2018 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107471)
crap company that pays top dollar for senior management and peanuts to pple actually doing all the work.

National day VIP visit, staff cannot walk pass main entrance but instead make detour go thru basement carpark to get to cafeteria. That's how they view their employees. jian bu de ren.

new policy is as good as bye bye to promotion. Min B grade for 3 consecutive yrs before eligible to be considered for promotion. If 3rd yr you kena C+, reset everything.

As good as saying, in the dept either the same few always got B(and promote) the rest eat grass, or, rotate the B and all forget about promotion.

FoS new policy.

What is FOS ??

oh 1st time heard of this requirement. Does it apply throughout the whole ST Engineering group or only applicable to ST Electronic ?

From Aerospace

Unregistered 26-05-2018 08:44 PM

STE is basically a retirement house for a lot of government esp SAF people. Many ex-regulars come in keeping their fat pay packages as directors or vps and it's a tightly knitted gentlemen's club.

There are many long serving staff who joined them for many years starting from junior levels and they usually get stucked as managers as the old boy's club only allows in people from the same background. Normal people will never get anything beyond senior manager rank no matter how good your performance is.

Unregistered 12-08-2018 04:43 AM

How many months pb for average performers?

zero_88 14-08-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103873)

knn, my colleague say the increment is $50 per year one

tio scam liao:mad:

Unregistered 14-08-2018 10:37 PM

hahaha nobody gets 5-10% increment.

The truth is 2% if average, 3% if good.

zero_88 15-08-2018 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109620)
hahaha nobody gets 5-10% increment.

The truth is 2% if average, 3% if good.

Ok la..I work there

b4 I start work, I heard the increment default is 3 %- 5%

knn, after I work for a few month, the lao jiao told me their recent contract convert to perm, they get $50 increment nia

if lucky then will hit $100

Unregistered 15-08-2018 07:51 AM

my side from aero 2% to 5% nia...

Unregistered 21-08-2018 05:17 PM

Does ST Engineering still review the salary of their engineers ? aka the "Market salary adjustment" on top of the normal annual increment/promotion? to match up the salary to market rate ?

The last I heard of is in 2010.

Engineer(M1) with 10 yrs exp only getting 5 - 5.5k is way below market rate.

Unregistered 25-08-2018 11:23 AM

anyone from ST Marine?

bonus still consistent at 4-5mths?

saiyan2005 25-08-2018 11:25 PM

Usually how long will it take for them to call u for interview?

Unregistered 26-08-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saiyan2005 (Post 109852)
Usually how long will it take for them to call u for interview?

one week, via a recruit agency

AizenSousuke 31-08-2018 04:51 PM

Any idea for non-grad L2 dektop engineer starting pay range? 5 days work week.

Unregistered 20-09-2018 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109843)
anyone from ST Marine?

hi anyone from ST Marine?

Unregistered 22-09-2018 01:15 AM

Anyone has thoughts on other functions such as finance or HR? How is the culture like? Pay and progression wise?

Unregistered 22-09-2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110410)
Anyone has thoughts on other functions such as finance or HR? How is the culture like? Pay and progression wise?

pay is low for non-eng grad ... now mostly under shared services already

Unregistered 26-09-2018 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110418)
pay is low for non-eng grad ... now mostly under shared services already

What is the range then? What about culture and progression wise?

Unregistered 03-10-2018 09:34 AM

hows the increment at ST Marine? $50? or 3% minimum???

junxian 09-10-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110623)
hows the increment at ST Marine? $50? or 3% minimum???

There is not minimum, somes get $0, some get %50, those are 'marked' for bad performance that year.

typically around 3-4%

junxian 09-10-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109843)
anyone from ST Marine?

wow it dropped that much :confused:

2007-2012 its quite consistent to get 6+1

Unregistered 25-10-2018 12:20 PM

Is ST Electronics a good place for technical people who harbour no promotion to project management role?

Can engineers choose to stay at senior engineer or principle engineer without being forced promoted to manager? Certainly with a salary cap.

Unregistered 26-10-2018 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111146)
Is ST Electronics a good place for technical people who harbour no promotion to project management role?

Can engineers choose to stay at senior engineer or principle engineer without being forced promoted to manager? Certainly with a salary cap.

depend on your project that you are working on but be prepared to do everything as you move up...

engineer/manager are just title ...

Senior Engineer / Senior Executive = E6

Ast Principal Enginner / Assitant Manger = M1

Principal Engineer / Manager = M2-M3

zero_88 27-10-2018 09:47 PM

I work in ST

Con - politics
I can tell, really a lot of politics one, cos ST Electronics himself is TOO BIG

gt different division, then those old people like to stalk at people and see what are u doing, like are u surfing the web, or doing real work, and you tio mark bo dai bo ji, I know some people tio marked b4, just becos the old people management "don't like u"

I can say, there dun focus on the output of the work, but rather people skill, social skill and how well u able to interact with colleague

(almost) everyone damn fake and wear mask everyday. But there are still nice people around

Pro is - really very slack most the times, but of cos thing u must do la, sometimes need to go down to site and do testing. Sometimes will go home quite late but once in a blue moon kind, you also wun stay alone la.

Working timing is sibei flexible one, if you know the boss on leave, you can come work at 10am, nobody know unless your colleague bao toh you (which refer to the first point of office politics). If you miss your breakfast, can go out for a breakfast and start work at your free time.

1130pm lunch, lunch is no fixed time, but we usually go at 1130pm, can come back anytime, usually we come back at 1230pm

OT is optional, actually how much work u done, nobody know, even your boss also dun know, cos they will not check on you. You need to DELIVER something by the end of the day. BUT, if your co worker, blackmouth you or complain say u nvr do thing, YOU KENNA. Back to point 1, KEEP A GOOD RELATIONSHIP with your colleagues.

Take MC and leave is piece of cake, you can easily take 2 day mc, I still gt about 10 days of MC for this year havent finish

Conclusion
-------------

I recommend this to people who are like to chup and smoke and mix with people, generally 30+ to 40+. Don't mind wear a mask everyday and keep good relationship with colleague at all time. It is very stable.

If you are introvert, young and vibrant, and also like to experiment new technology or like to be alone, this is really not a place for you.

Salary is above average, just above the line of average. Bonus is good

If vs NCS, I would choose ST over NCS

Unregistered 27-10-2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 111214)
I work in ST

Con - politics
I can tell, really a lot of politics one, cos ST Electronics himself is TOO BIG

gt different division, then those old people like to stalk at people and see what are u doing, like are u surfing the web, or doing real work, and you tio mark bo dai bo ji, I know some people tio marked b4, just becos the old people management "don't like u"

I can say, there dun focus on the output of the work, but rather people skill, social skill and how well u able to interact with colleague

(almost) everyone damn fake and wear mask everyday. But there are still nice people around

Pro is - really very slack most the times, but of cos thing u must do la, sometimes need to go down to site and do testing. Sometimes will go home quite late but once in a blue moon kind, you also wun stay alone la.

Working timing is sibei flexible one, if you know the boss on leave, you can come work at 10am, nobody know unless your colleague bao toh you (which refer to the first point of office politics). If you miss your breakfast, can go out for a breakfast and start work at your free time.

1130pm lunch, lunch is no fixed time, but we usually go at 1130pm, can come back anytime, usually we come back at 1230pm

OT is optional, actually how much work u done, nobody know, even your boss also dun know, cos they will not check on you. You need to DELIVER something by the end of the day. BUT, if your co worker, blackmouth you or complain say u nvr do thing, YOU KENNA. Back to point 1, KEEP A GOOD RELATIONSHIP with your colleagues.

Take MC and leave is piece of cake, you can easily take 2 day mc, I still gt about 10 days of MC for this year havent finish

Conclusion
-------------

I recommend this to people who are like to chup and smoke and mix with people, generally 30+ to 40+. Don't mind wear a mask everyday and keep good relationship with colleague at all time. It is very stable.

If you are introvert, young and vibrant, and also like to experiment new technology or like to be alone, this is really not a place for you.

What do you mean salary above average?
Can you elaborate after five years, ten years, fifteen years.... annual remuneration package is?

Unregistered 28-10-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 111214)

I randomly checked Glassdoor and Payscale for software engineer's salary.

They seem to suggest fresh grad engineers are getting $3,200 on average (~ $40,000/year). Senior engineers with maybe 5 years of experience maybe $3,800 to $4,200 (~ $50,000/year). Well,I assume on average they get a small increment of $100. So after 10 years of experience, one ends up with a $4,200 to $4,500 salary?

Then there are news reports are saying fresh IT graduate out of university are already getting $4,000-$4,500 for their first job.

Which report is more accurate about ST and NCS' approximate salary range? What's going on?

zero_88 28-10-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111218)
I randomly checked Glassdoor and Payscale for software engineer's salary.

They seem to suggest fresh grad engineers are getting $3,200 on average (~ $40,000/year). Senior engineers with maybe 5 years of experience maybe $3,800 to $4,200 (~ $50,000/year). Well,I assume on average they get a small increment of $100. So after 10 years of experience, one ends up with a $4,200 to $4,500 salary?

Then there are news reports are saying fresh IT graduate out of university are already getting $4,000-$4,500 for their first job.

Which report is more accurate about ST and NCS' approximate salary range? What's going on?

the increment is very little one, it apply to all of GLC, include NCS
NCS my friend second lower, his starting pay is 3.6k + performance bonus (subject to company performance)

he just started 2018 aug

Unregistered 28-10-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 111221)
the increment is very little one, it apply to all of GLC, include NCS
NCS my friend second lower, his starting pay is 3.6k + performance bonus (subject to company performance)

he just started 2018 aug

Roughly the increment for GLC is how much? Is there a formula or approximation given years of service/experience?

Assuming a fresh IT grad today starts at 3.6k, I take it as the average salary. Every year add a fixed $100 or $50? Or a percentage of the salary e.g. 3% to 4% adjustment?