Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 31-08-2016 08:18 PM

heard there is a salary adjustment this year. Anyone know the increment % ?

Unregistered 31-08-2016 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90045)
heard there is a salary adjustment this year. Anyone know the increment % ?

STE standard every year 6-8%

Unregistered 18-09-2016 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90047)

Double digit at most lah.

If lucky add $100. Average guy normally add $50.

Unregistered 18-09-2016 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90478)
Double digit at most lah.

If lucky add $100. Average guy normally add $50.

my side aero

for c, c+, b, a nia....

no such thing as 6-8%

Unregistered 19-09-2016 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90489)
my side aero

for c, c+, b, a nia....

no such thing as 6-8%

He talking abt increment not bonus.. so dont yaya tink aero so big...

Unregistered 20-09-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90047)

This is true, the average grade C performers in my team is getting 7%. The better ones gets up to 10%.

Unregistered 20-09-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90489)
my side aero

for c, c+, b, a nia....

no such thing as 6-8%

I would like to update this is for annual increment, NOt bonus!!
2.5%
3.5%
~4%
~5%

Unregistered 20-09-2016 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90567)
I would like to update this is for annual increment, NOt bonus!!
2.5%
3.5%
~4%
~5%

I got 4.8% for B- for previous round.

Unregistered 21-09-2016 06:55 PM

Any vacancy for a mechanical engineering fresh grad? I looked at the website but none of the position needs a mech.

Unregistered 24-09-2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90589)
Any vacancy for a mechanical engineering fresh grad? I looked at the website but none of the position needs a mech.

Mechanical engineering can focus on ST Kinetics or ST Aerospace.

Unregistered 05-10-2016 04:17 PM

Last time my increment only 2% at most. M1 Grade, Performance grade is B.
Life sucks to the core and leaving was the best decision so far.

Unregistered 05-10-2016 07:23 PM

When you reach about M3 or M4 your salary should be over 10k per month ?

Unregistered 05-10-2016 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90947)

my side M3, degree, age around 40, getting low 6k only.

some M4 degree, age 45 getting high 9k....

the highest M4 i spoken with getting as high as 11k, those age 55-60

Unregistered 06-10-2016 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90947)

This must be the biggest joke of the century....ST dont pay that well.

old lao jiao M4 maybe can smell below 10k ba

Unregistered 06-10-2016 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90972)
This must be the biggest joke of the century....ST dont pay that well.

old lao jiao M4 maybe can smell below 10k ba

M6 is already 20k+

Unregistered 07-10-2016 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90992)
M6 is already 20k+

Talk cock la, where got M6. Don't mislead ppl leh. After M4 jiu different scale already.

Probably in the entire ST Electronics, only President level then smell $20k+ (Which is less than 10)

Unregistered 07-10-2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90997)
Talk cock la, where got M6. Don't mislead ppl leh. After M4 jiu different scale already.

Probably in the entire ST Electronics, only President level then smell $20k+ (Which is less than 10)

No need to be rude and presumptuous just because you are too junior to get in contact with people higher than M4. There are at least 20 people in M5-6 levels in Electronics alone and easily 100+ of them in whole of ST Engineering Group.

Your Electronics President Lee Fook Sun is paid $2.75mil last year. This is all public information a quick Google or Bloomberg search will show. What President then can smell $20k+ nonsense are you talking about? Totally no sense of proportion.

Unregistered 07-10-2016 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91001)
No need to be rude and presumptuous just because you are too junior to get in contact with people higher than M4. There are at least 20 people in M5-6 levels in Electronics alone and easily 100+ of them in whole of ST Engineering Group.

Your Electronics President Lee Fook Sun is paid $2.75mil last year. This is all public information a quick Google or Bloomberg search will show. What President then can smell $20k+ nonsense are you talking about? Totally no sense of proportion.

A lot of ST staff wrongly assume just because they pay the jr staff kacang puteh means the mid level and snr level also not good. Actually ST is one of the most income inequality company in sg. I know a VP guy there making ard a million include the bonus.

Unregistered 07-10-2016 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91001)

To be fair to guy on top, ST has a lot of fake 'presidents'. Many small department/subsidiary heads that are just middle managers are called 'president', so it's possible that some of these bs title type can be paid only $20k+.

Many ex-SAF colonels & DXO personnel w/o pte sector exp come in at director & vp level and get offered at least a 500k package while their underlings who work from bottom in ST for many years dont even get 100k. The whole setup is a joke and more like a retirement house for SAF officers.

Unregistered 10-10-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91009)
To be fair to guy on top, ST has a lot of fake 'presidents'. Many small department/subsidiary heads that are just middle managers are called 'president', so it's possible that some of these bs title type can be paid only $20k+.

Many ex-SAF colonels & DXO personnel w/o pte sector exp come in at director & vp level and get offered at least a 500k package while their underlings who work from bottom in ST for many years dont even get 100k. The whole setup is a joke and more like a retirement house for SAF officers.

Thats so true. We can deduce that you must have some real knowledge of ST by reading what your wrote.

Unregistered 10-10-2016 01:57 PM

Have to agree with above. Many fat cats from gov side get offered a cushy job here with a fat increment on their already outrageous gov package. Once in an informal kopi session even got 1 ex-LTC bitching about how his 25k a month pay was not worth the 'fark up work' he had to do here compare to his Navy days.

I really feel bad for those who get stuck there. The good and young people usually leave within 1-2 years and the rest just get overwork underpaid there. But from what I understand from the Navy guy, you need connections with higher ups and good office politics to land a lucrative retirement job in ST. Many ex-military people try but didn't get in.

Unregistered 23-10-2016 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90948)
my side M3, degree, age around 40, getting low 6k only.

some M4 degree, age 45 getting high 9k....

the highest M4 i spoken with getting as high as 11k, those age 55-60

Wow. i thou M3 are earning 10k above ...

guess unless you are some high-flyer, you will never taste 10k by age of 35....

Unregistered 23-10-2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91409)
Wow. i thou M3 are earning 10k above ...

guess unless you are some high-flyer, you will never taste 10k by age of 35....

You mean you just realise you need to be a high-flyer to reach 10k by 35 yo? Were you expecting an average 35 yo Joe walking on the street to make above 10k?

Some people really got warp understanding of reality...

Unregistered 23-10-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91413)
You mean you just realise you need to be a high-flyer to reach 10k by 35 yo? Were you expecting an average 35 yo Joe walking on the street to make above 10k?

A lot of misunderstanding cause by hearsay, rumours and social media where everyone try to create impression they are making big bucks living the high life. I have some facebook friends I know have mediocre careers in real life but on FB look like they are making few hundred grand a year.

Unregistered 24-10-2016 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91420)
A lot of misunderstanding cause by hearsay, rumours and social media where everyone try to create impression they are making big bucks living the high life. I have some facebook friends I know have mediocre careers in real life but on FB look like they are making few hundred grand a year.

Those in sales and financial industry are the worst. Many are desperate for attention - upload photos of car, fine dinning, holiday, win some company award, branded goods etc.

Unregistered 16-11-2016 11:24 PM

Are the pay here all quoted for engineers? How about other business functions in St aerospace?
Like those in finance, business development department. Are they being paid worse than engineers?

Unregistered 21-11-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91413)

ST de income inequality gap super high de.

Not all regulars will automatically get parachuted in as well, depends on luck. Those who parachute in really super heng and happy.Some of them have WP or director posts, but come in to work at 10am, leave work 5 pm type. Inbetween lunch time is about 2 hrs, come back from lunch then hide inside meeting room dunno do what.

M3 grade Shiok life right?

Unregistered 12-02-2017 08:41 PM

What is the Fresh graduate Salary if I join ST kinetic as software engineer?

Unregistered 13-02-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91079)
Have to agree with above. Many fat cats from gov side get offered a cushy job here with a fat increment on their already outrageous gov package. Once in an informal kopi session even got 1 ex-LTC bitching about how his 25k a month pay was not worth the 'fark up work' he had to do here compare to his Navy days.

I really feel bad for those who get stuck there. The good and young people usually leave within 1-2 years and the rest just get overwork underpaid there. But from what I understand from the Navy guy, you need connections with higher ups and good office politics to land a lucrative retirement job in ST. Many ex-military people try but didn't get in.

Dun know about "higher ups", but middle management and below, you will easily get in ST. What regular do not have connections?

Unregistered 13-02-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94502)
Dun know about "higher ups", but middle management and below, you will easily get in ST. What regular do not have connections?

Depends on what you mean by middle management. For me the real middle management is M6/G1 level and I doubt any regular without the right connections can just parachute in. Of course if you are talking about manager job titles then I agree anyone can get in.

Unregistered 14-02-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94506)
Depends on what you mean by middle management. For me the real middle management is M6/G1 level and I doubt any regular without the right connections can just parachute in. Of course if you are talking about manager job titles then I agree anyone can get in.

HAHAHA, middle management M6/G1? There is something wrong with your brain. 95% of ST people career ending point is M1.

Agree with the other poster that some people really got warp understanding of reality.

Unregistered 14-02-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94568)
HAHAHA, middle management M6/G1? There is something wrong with your brain. 95% of ST people career ending point is M1.

Agree with the other poster that some people really got warp understanding of reality.

You are the one who is frog in the well. It is well known that M4 is the entry manager level for GLCs, M1 is just a junior exec grade that some STE subsidiary happily throw a manager job title.

What is wrong with 95% people not able to make it to manager? In most labour intensive industries like STE, there's like 3% managers and 1% senior leadership positions.

30 years ago when companies don't anyhow inflate titles, it was common for many people not to reach manager or at least need to work for decades before reaching. Now to cater for the Gen Y concept of getting 'promoted' every few years, companies just inflate the titles to make everyone sound big.

Most M1 in STE have zero authority on anything including budget, headcount or resources. Even if they have h/c under them, they have no authority on them at all, everything is deferred to the higher ups which is usually some sort of Director a.k.a real manager.

Unregistered 08-03-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94584)
You are the one who is frog in the well. It is well known that M4 is the entry manager level for GLCs, M1 is just a junior exec grade that some STE subsidiary happily throw a manager job title.

What is wrong with 95% people not able to make it to manager? In most labour intensive industries like STE, there's like 3% managers and 1% senior leadership positions.

30 years ago when companies don't anyhow inflate titles, it was common for many people not to reach manager or at least need to work for decades before reaching. Now to cater for the Gen Y concept of getting 'promoted' every few years, companies just inflate the titles to make everyone sound big.

Most M1 in STE have zero authority on anything including budget, headcount or resources. Even if they have h/c under them, they have no authority on them at all, everything is deferred to the higher ups which is usually some sort of Director a.k.a real manager.

I second that.

It's so true about the role of M1 as far as i can see from my side

Unregistered 08-03-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94584)

Sad to say the same case happen for me as well. Now officially a Project Manager @ M2 level in a gov company with 7 years exp. No authority over anything at all, my boss don't even allow me to approve the leave of my 2 kakias. Worst still every small decision must get approval from boss/finance/hr etc. The manager title is just a tactic so thatduring cock up they can push all the blame to me in front of the customer.

Unregistered 08-03-2017 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95339)
Sad to say the same case happen for me as well. Now officially a Project Manager @ M2 level in a gov company with 7 years exp. No authority over anything at all, my boss don't even allow me to approve the leave of my 2 kakias. Worst still every small decision must get approval from boss/finance/hr etc. The manager title is just a tactic so thatduring cock up they can push all the blame to me in front of the customer.

true, but then if they pay you the same but call you project executive you will turn around and accuse them of no promotion dun value u etc. no pleasing everybody end of day. its not just glc, all other companies are faking titles as well. when meeting vendors i will always insist i need a director/vp or someone who can make decision on the spot, not some idiot fake manager that everything need to "let me check & get back to u".

zero_88 05-04-2017 10:13 PM

anyone know the intern pay of the ST electronics?

Unregistered 06-06-2017 10:34 AM

ST Electronics (Training & Simulation Systems)

Applying as Software Engineer (Front End Web Developer) Anyone currently working there? how's the place?

Unregistered 24-07-2017 02:07 PM

Just want to check. I went for my 2nd interview.

After which I was ask by hiring manager to submit my picture in jacket.
My CV has my picture but why do they need one with jacket and tie.

Does this mean I got the job?

Unregistered 27-07-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98920)
Just want to check. I went for my 2nd interview.

After which I was ask by hiring manager to submit my picture in jacket.
My CV has my picture but why do they need one with jacket and tie.

Does this mean I got the job?

Anyone can assist and normally what is the waiting time for HR to reply in jurong East side. Thanks ah

Unregistered 29-07-2017 09:25 AM

Got a offer from one of ST subsidiary. The hr told me that there is no different in pay between those who serve ns and those who don't. But I understand that for most glc, they did take into account your ns contribution? Furthermore ST main customer is mindef...