ST Electronics - Page 380 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




ST Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3791 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2024, 10:10 AM
CyberEngineer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lau Puay Hui of ST Infosec Senior Principal Engineer, can you stop acting in such a selfish manner? Your habit of agreeing to every client demand, even the unreasonable ones, puts unnecessary pressure on the rest of us. We end up working tirelessly to meet unrealistic deadlines that don't make sense. Even when we voice our concerns, you dismiss them, insisting that we empathize with your position. It's frustrating to see you prioritize your own interests without considering the toll it takes on the team's well-being. Several of us are struggling with mental health issues due to the constant pressure of your approach. Yet, you seem indifferent to our suffering as long as the deadlines are met. You continually rely on us to help you meet these demands, leaving us feeling overwhelmed and disregarded. It's clear that you only care about your own agenda and disregard the feelings of others!

Transfer to another Cyber BU? What makes you think your RO will be on this forum even to read your frustrations.

Alternatively you can always resign since collect bonus liao.

Reply With Quote
  #3792 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2024, 06:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lau Puay Hui of ST Infosec Senior Principal Engineer, can you stop acting in such a selfish manner? Your habit of agreeing to every client demand, even the unreasonable ones, puts unnecessary pressure on the rest of us. We end up working tirelessly to meet unrealistic deadlines that don't make sense. Even when we voice our concerns, you dismiss them, insisting that we empathize with your position. It's frustrating to see you prioritize your own interests without considering the toll it takes on the team's well-being. Several of us are struggling with mental health issues due to the constant pressure of your approach. Yet, you seem indifferent to our suffering as long as the deadlines are met. You continually rely on us to help you meet these demands, leaving us feeling overwhelmed and disregarded. It's clear that you only care about your own agenda and disregard the feelings of others!
Resign and change job. Dumb people post here and expect something.

Reply With Quote
  #3793 (permalink)  
Old 14-04-2024, 09:15 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberEngineer View Post
Transfer to another Cyber BU? What makes you think your RO will be on this forum even to read your frustrations.

Alternatively you can always resign since collect bonus liao.
Pretty sure that's not the purpose of the post, but more like telling the public how bad the person is.

To that person that complain about that person, don't worry I'll find ways to forward it on other public forums. 😁

Reply With Quote
  #3794 (permalink)  
Old 15-04-2024, 02:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Cyber is the worst place, never seen before.
Workplace bullying, micro management, act smart but cmi

Most of senior management level here, the only comment for them is speechless.

Nowadays, many software development tools like Jira, Jenkins, Gitlab and etc. are quite common.
(for some tools, more than 10 years already)
But during recent update and townhall, senior management very happy to announced "we will use these tools in future works..."
Reply With Quote
  #3795 (permalink)  
Old 15-04-2024, 10:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lau Puay Hui of ST Infosec Senior Principal Engineer, can you stop acting in such a selfish manner? Your habit of agreeing to every client demand, even the unreasonable ones, puts unnecessary pressure on the rest of us. We end up working tirelessly to meet unrealistic deadlines that don't make sense. Even when we voice our concerns, you dismiss them, insisting that we empathize with your position. It's frustrating to see you prioritize your own interests without considering the toll it takes on the team's well-being. Several of us are struggling with mental health issues due to the constant pressure of your approach. Yet, you seem indifferent to our suffering as long as the deadlines are met. You continually rely on us to help you meet these demands, leaving us feeling overwhelmed and disregarded. It's clear that you only care about your own agenda and disregard the feelings of others!
My therapist say mental health is our own responsibility. Nobody is in your head other than your own mind. Don't struggle. Don't act. Work like today is your last week. Period.
Reply With Quote
  #3796 (permalink)  
Old 15-04-2024, 01:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Cmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lau Puay Hui of ST Infosec Senior Principal Engineer, can you stop acting in such a selfish manner? Your habit of agreeing to every client demand, even the unreasonable ones, puts unnecessary pressure on the rest of us. We end up working tirelessly to meet unrealistic deadlines that don't make sense. Even when we voice our concerns, you dismiss them, insisting that we empathize with your position. It's frustrating to see you prioritize your own interests without considering the toll it takes on the team's well-being. Several of us are struggling with mental health issues due to the constant pressure of your approach. Yet, you seem indifferent to our suffering as long as the deadlines are met. You continually rely on us to help you meet these demands, leaving us feeling overwhelmed and disregarded. It's clear that you only care about your own agenda and disregard the feelings of others!
Cyber security engineers higher paid according to HR because of market rate.
Then do the work.
Complain so much for what.
Maybe, you, yourself and your team all cmi too.
Reply With Quote

  #3797 (permalink)  
Old 16-04-2024, 07:07 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Cyber security engineers higher paid according to HR because of market rate.
Then do the work.
Complain so much for what.
Maybe, you, yourself and your team all cmi too.
Their pay is highest and their bonus is also the highest. Since we are talking about this, be careful of cyber when youíre around them. Had bad experience with cyber engineer while on site , their speech and actions are a little out of the norm.
Reply With Quote
  #3798 (permalink)  
Old 16-04-2024, 08:15 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
their speech and actions are a little out of the norm.
Is it cos of high stress that comes with the job scope?
Reply With Quote
  #3799 (permalink)  
Old 16-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Iíve worked with some of their cybersec folks in a project. Throughout the lifespan of the project, their engineers quit entirely leaving only the project manager. This happened twice. So despite receiving the highest bonus within ST, you canít really compensate for the culture there.
Reply With Quote
  #3800 (permalink)  
Old 16-04-2024, 06:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Cyber is the worst place, never seen before.
Workplace bullying, micro management, act smart but cmi

Most of senior management level here, the only comment for them is speechless.

Nowadays, many software development tools like Jira, Jenkins, Gitlab and etc. are quite common.
(for some tools, more than 10 years already)
But during recent update and townhall, senior management very happy to announced "we will use these tools in future works..."
That's because years ago they were unwilling to implement company-wide due to cost most likely.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After Getting Diploma from Aerospace Electronics ? Dionne Monic Education and Personal Growth 6 10-02-2018 12:46 PM
Circuits and Electronics Engineering Tutor yice Income and Jobs 2 29-10-2012 04:02 PM
Electronics Design Course Promotion sthua Education and Personal Growth 1 16-08-2012 05:50 AM
Production Engineer (Electronics) curryrice Income and Jobs 1 25-03-2011 10:24 AM
How much does an electronics engineer get paid ? omara007 Income and Jobs 8 15-10-2009 08:03 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,850 Replies, 5,255,094 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,307 Replies, 667,353 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
516 Replies, 279,543 Views
Work in SMU ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 6,699 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,591 Replies, 1,434,611 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,809 Replies, 2,462,380 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,970 Replies, 4,805,337 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,466 Replies, 3,536,430 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,864 Replies, 1,614,934 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,962 Replies, 1,413,358 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,406 Replies, 6,981,343 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,464 Replies, 2,469,327 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,266 Replies, 10,625,816 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
832 Replies, 440,505 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 21,667 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
888 Replies, 419,443 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 14,355 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,176 Replies, 1,121,951 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,932 Replies, 2,954,314 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,835 Replies, 1,544,182 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,222 Replies, 3,879,835 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,570 Replies, 685,328 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
938 Replies, 545,769 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
771 Replies, 448,057 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
143 Replies, 55,130 Views
Working in SMRT ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
45 Replies, 61,472 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
372 Replies, 260,895 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
707 Replies, 412,238 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 162,019 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,431 Replies, 4,897,670 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2