Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 24-01-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128288)
Hi,

I am about to get a job with ST. Just wanted to ask if moonlighting is allowed when working at ST. Is there any clause in the contract that prohibits moonlighting? One of my friends working in a private company has a clause in his contract that specifically prohibits that.

Thanks!

Depends on what moonlighting I guess. If it's something like hitching people to work everyday or driving grab during weekends then it's ok I guess. If you're talking about freelance IT work then you shouldn't so in work hours. Maybe at home is fine.

Unregistered 25-01-2020 02:40 PM

Moonlight

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128320)
Depends on what moonlighting I guess. If it's something like hitching people to work everyday or driving grab during weekends then it's ok I guess. If you're talking about freelance IT work then you shouldn't so in work hours. Maybe at home is fine.

Thanks! Of course I don't mean doing personal work during office paid hours. But as long as ST engineering doesn't try to claim copyright or otherwise, I'm good. Thank you for your help!

Unregistered 01-02-2020 05:58 PM

Contract test associate engineer

Hi, i went for the interview .
Waiting for reply about a week.
Just curious i was told my work related to MRT project.

No 13th Month salary.

How about Overtime work? Will have many OT ??
How about weekend work? Or less OT?
Still i get engineering bonus every month??

My basic range from 2400 to 2600 only. The rest i depend on allowance and OT to support my family.

Thank you
Ben

Unregistered 01-02-2020 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128485)
Hi, i went for the interview .
Waiting for reply about a week.
Just curious i was told my work related to MRT project.

No 13th Month salary.

How about Overtime work? Will have many OT ??
How about weekend work? Or less OT?
Still i get engineering bonus every month??

My basic range from 2400 to 2600 only. The rest i depend on allowance and OT to support my family.

Thank you
Ben

I'd advise you to study part time degree to maximize future earnings.

Unregistered 05-02-2020 10:55 AM

Offer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128110)
You must have worked at ST Electronics before, this is so accurate.

Hi guys, I just got an offer from st eng, E6 level, I have 9 years experience, but the hr told at most they can offer 5.8K, lower than I expected. Could you give some advices? thank you in advance..

Unregistered 05-02-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128597)
Hi guys, I just got an offer from st eng, E6 level, I have 9 years experience, but the hr told at most they can offer 5.8K, lower than I expected. Could you give some advices? thank you in advance..

i think (5.8k/mth x 12mth) is already inclusive of aws portion. (New scheme 2019)

old scheme should be ~[(5.3k/mth x 12mth) + 1aws]

Unregistered 05-02-2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128601)
i think (5.8k/mth x 12mth) is already inclusive of aws portion. (New scheme 2019)

old scheme should be ~[(5.3k/mth x 12mth) + 1aws]

Ya man. She say no 13th month aws, only have performance bonus. Is this the st standard ? Should I take the offer ?

Unregistered 06-02-2020 11:55 AM

The ceiling of E6 under the old scheme (with AWS) is around 5.5k. but I came from another ST group so I guessed is the same across all

Unregistered 06-02-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128637)
The ceiling of E6 under the old scheme (with AWS) is around 5.5k. but I came from another ST group so I guessed is the same across all

Ok thanks man. It’s really under the market rate ..

Unregistered 11-02-2020 08:25 PM

Hi does anyone know how is it like to work as a data analyst at st electronics? Cos I just applied though but I am not experienced