Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered369 15-12-2019 05:10 PM

currently E5 Software Engineer grading, worked almost a year drawing 3.7 under new scheme with no aws.

Am very interested in doing Cyber security related jobs in the future and possibly try out other jobs like network, System admin in the future.

Have some questions to ask the more experienced people here.

1) If i leave my current role(software) after 1-2 years and work in cyber security for about 2 years and decide to come back to ST(for job stability), would i be offered a E6 role with my 1-2 year software exp + 2years cyber exp? heard some people got offered 5k for E6 grading with 3-4 years exp.

2) Considering to apply for ST info sec side, wondering how i should apply for interviews as i'm currently working in ST also, tell the interviewers that i'm interested in cyber side and want to change job scope/role? and would it be awkward to tell my boss/tender after i get offer?

3) also considering to go outside of ST, i know the salary is higher outside but ST gives good job stability and decent annual increment. Not sure what to do.

might leave my current software role in like 1year or less, any advice?

Unregistered 16-12-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered369 (Post 127175)
3) also considering to go outside of ST, i know the salary is higher outside but ST gives good job stability and decent annual increment. Not sure what to do.

are you sure? some of my colleagues only earned $30 increment. others have worked for 7 years, only on his 6th year then he manage to earn more than $100 increment.

ST is stable. but the pay and increment generally lose out compared to outside market.

btw this is for software engineer. other roles might be different

Unregistered 16-12-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127207)
are you sure? some of my colleagues only earned $30 increment. others have worked for 7 years, only on his 6th year then he manage to earn more than $100 increment.

ST is stable. but the pay and increment generally lose out compared to outside market.

btw this is for software engineer. other roles might be different

If the job is zoh boh and can moonlight then still ok.

If that 3k/4k+ is your only source of income then you will need to work till the cows come home to repay any future housing and car loans.

Unregistered369 16-12-2019 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127208)
If the job is zoh boh and can moonlight then still ok.

If that 3k/4k+ is your only source of income then you will need to work till the cows come home to repay any future housing and car loans.

I am the original poster. my job is quite slack most of the time. My direct reporting boss have over 10+ people under him and i doubt he would even have the time check on everyone under him all the time. I am sometimes attached to certain projects but mostly manage my time and not work too hard(e.g at decent pace)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127207)
are you sure? some of my colleagues only earned $30 increment. others have worked for 7 years, only on his 6th year then he manage to earn more than $100 increment.

ST is stable. but the pay and increment generally lose out compared to outside market.

btw this is for software engineer. other roles might be different

I have heard of people working at ST for like 2-3 years at E5 grading then leave to other jobs for another 2 years+ and come back to ST and get offered E6 with almost 5k salary under new scheme. Wondering if i should do that since it would be better than the measly $50 or $100 yearly increment. ST also gives good stability.

xiaopangbronco 29-12-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered369 (Post 127240)
I am the original poster. my job is quite slack most of the time. My direct reporting boss have over 10+ people under him and i doubt he would even have the time check on everyone under him all the time. I am sometimes attached to certain projects but mostly manage my time and not work too hard(e.g at decent pace)



I have heard of people working at ST for like 2-3 years at E5 grading then leave to other jobs for another 2 years+ and come back to ST and get offered E6 with almost 5k salary under new scheme. Wondering if i should do that since it would be better than the measly $50 or $100 yearly increment. ST also gives good stability.

the new scheme is con only. Take AWS divide by 12 and add on so it look higher salary but no difference. I am glad i left STE. Not that the bonus wasn;t good but the bosses are fcking crap. I was a A grader before i resign and bonus was freaking good but taking into account how i work 24/7 to achieve that grade and then i realisse it is not worth it. Then look at some of my colleagues who has kid and are treated differently, tasked with small easy project, i feel this company mistreatment across the board is hugely greater than other companies.

xiaopangbronco 29-12-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127207)
are you sure? some of my colleagues only earned $30 increment. others have worked for 7 years, only on his 6th year then he manage to earn more than $100 increment.

ST is stable. but the pay and increment generally lose out compared to outside market.

btw this is for software engineer. other roles might be different

depend on the BU. i was outsourced employee when just joined and getting 7percent increment for 2 years before been converted to ST perm.

Unregistered 13-01-2020 05:02 PM

Any poly Graduate with 4-5year working experience working in ST? how about the salary?

Unregistered 14-01-2020 11:24 AM

How long is the job application process? Because I have waited almost a month and haven't gotten any updates

Unregistered 15-01-2020 10:53 AM

I have a Friend who claims that he is a project manager in STE and he is drawing $6.5k a month, can anyone verify that?

Unregistered 15-01-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128092)
I have a Friend who claims that he is a project manager in STE and he is drawing $6.5k a month, can anyone verify that?

About there. Should be M1 or at most is M2 grade.
Gross should be higher with the Performance bonus and Profit Sharing Scheme
$6.5k should include the AWS inside already

STE has nice building, office also not bad. Stability is there but sucks if you want to cheong your career.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2